Need help sourcing a 3.4 pr engine by SCRebeck
Started on: 04-28-2016 02:39 PM
Replies: 4 (169 views)
Last post by: thesameguy on 04-28-2016 06:56 PM
SCRebeck

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2016 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCRebeckSend a Private Message to SCRebeckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi everyone

I've been searching on here and google for about a month now for a re-manufactured 3.4 pr long or short block but I can't seem to find anything. I've completely given up on finding a new crate since it appears they were discontinued awhile back. I have considered pulling one from a local junk yard but the selection is very poor around here and for the cost of rebuilding it and all the machine work I might as well buy a reman engine. Has anyone had a good experience with an online retailer that will ship to residential addresses? I was looking into A.R.I. and their engines but I can't get ahold of them so I'm guessing they are no longer in operation. My budget can't exceed $2000. My 2.8 is on its way out (head gasket) and with the semester ending I think its time for a swap. Any help/ tips are appreciated!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
thesameguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2016 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hate to suggest this, but have you checked with Napa or O'Reillys? For some engines I'd be hesitant, but 60*V6? Probably fine.
thesameguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2016 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

thesameguy

1536 posts
Member since Dec 2012
SCRebeck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2016 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCRebeckSend a Private Message to SCRebeckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thesameguy:

http://www.napaonline.com/n...8/ATKDB58_0455256783

?

I was under the impression that only the 93-95 camaro / firebird engines were compatible with the 2.8 parts, is that correct? I'm looking for the simplest 3.4 swap, I read that these engines just need a starter relocation and the 2.8 intake and oil pan. Other than that it just drops in. Orielly has this on thier website, not sure if its still available. Ill be going today to talk to them.
thesameguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2016 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think that's correct. That's how mine is put together.

I'll bet you can do better than $1700-$2200 if you look around, but I'm not sure how much. Considering that price tag means picking one up at a strip mall, it may be a premium worth paying.

Just noticed this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW...ash=item2360e2bcc7:g yUAAOSwZG9WjpL6&vxp=mtr

Phoenix ain't too far from Tuscon. Maybe worth a phone call to see if they'll cut you a break vs. their ebay price. Seems like this is them:

http://enginesdirect.net

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock