86 2.8 with 5 speed Isuzu Bracket issues by Villain
Started on: 04-26-2016 04:59 PM
Replies: 7 (159 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 04-29-2016 02:23 PM
Villain

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VillainSend a Private Message to VillainEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Basically I'm looking to see if anyones got the above combination to post a picture of their selector cable bracket if possible, I know I'm missing the bolt to the selector cable but it appears another part has fallen off, I would post a picture but can't figure out how, if anyones got pictures though of the selector bracket then it'd be appreciated.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anything helpful in these pics?

These are from a 4 cylinder, but the bracket mounts the same way on the V6.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 04-26-2016).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2016 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was it you who posted on FB earlier? I posted this pic there, too.

The cable is connected to the lever that you see in the pic. It looks like you are missing the lever and the pivot that supports it.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 04-27-2016).]

Villain

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2016 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VillainSend a Private Message to VillainEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

http://m.imgur.com/HdfvCad
I don't think I'm missing the arm? I honestly thing I'm just missing the bolt but i still cant figure it out until I know what all is missing or not,
Thanks ya'll

[This message has been edited by Villain (edited 04-29-2016).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2016 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Raydar's trans doesn't have that bracket and neither does mine. Both are 88's so it may be something that was eliminated in later years. I know I've seen it on others. I can't post a link from this device but search technical for Manual transmission identification with pics. There is a bolt in the bottom hole, but I can't tell it's purpose. I summize that it really isn't needed, having been eliminated in later years.

Look on page 2 of that thread, near the bottom. Gonzo posted some pics that show an angle bracket bolted underneath with what looks like a pivot pin in the lower part of the angle bracket.

Edit: I just enlarged your pic and it appears the angle bracket is there, but the bottom ear of the cast bracket where it bolts is broken off.

Edit #2: That angle bracket appears to support one end of the shift lever pivot pin.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 04-29-2016).]

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2016 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:
Edit: I just enlarged your pic and it appears the angle bracket is there, but the bottom ear of the cast bracket where it bolts is broken off.

This is correct. The ear is broken off of the casting. I believe this is cast as part of the transmission, but it has been a while since I've had an Isuzu to look at.

Villain

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2016 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VillainSend a Private Message to VillainEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any way to fix it? I've looked online for a better picture however I just can't seem to find one to show exactly what is missing to even be able to fab one up or make the repair.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2016 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Take a look at it and see if it's removable. Because there's a pivot pin with a clip, I suspect that that shift lever can be removed. It may be interchangeable with one from a later year that didn't require the cast-on bracket. I think that there's a bolt behind that broken bracket that holds the whole shift mechanism onto the transmission. You can see it in the right side of Raydar's picture. There's another on the left side. Pictures I've found look like they're interchangeable. If you could find a later model in a yard, see how easy it is to remove, and if easy enough, swap them out. That would prevent you having to do a transmission replacement.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock