Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Anyone else had a problem with TFS "Clear" parking lenses coming off??

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Anyone else had a problem with TFS "Clear" parking lenses coming off?? by Curtisk1060
Started on: 04-26-2016 11:49 AM
Replies: 6 (229 views)
Last post by: sricka01 on 04-26-2016 11:17 PM
Curtisk1060

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Curtisk1060Send a Private Message to Curtisk1060Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had the clear parking lense cover of my 87GT Fiero just fall off somewhere after being in use for about a year, has anyone else had this problem with theirs? I did not hit anything nor is there any damage to the mounting or basic light structure of the lense itself. I contacted the Fiero store and they are sending me out a new set for no charge although I only needed the one replacement. I love their customer service!!!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post04-26-2016 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have them on my car, and one of the lenses fell off recently, while I was removing the front fascia. It's not broken or damaged, just the adhesive used was a poor choice and after it's dried out too much the lens simply falls off at the slightest vibration.
viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a similar issue with the FS replacement GT emblem that bolts into the rear bumper molding between the tail lights and the bumper. Poor use of adhesive (it's a 2 part piece) but I simply reapplied it with Right Stuff gasket maker and it's held up well, since. Fortunately, mine simply seperated before I could even install it.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had those clear parking lights for probably ten years, and haven't had any trouble with them.

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I've had those clear parking lights for probably ten years, and haven't had any trouble with them.

Same here!

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo, water/meth injection
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project
01 BMW 525i: daily driver

[This message has been edited by FieroMaster88 (edited 04-26-2016).]

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sricka01

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, it's a recurring problem. Gorilla glue will repair it. Same issue with their oil caps. Two segments with only a dab of glue, will fall apart.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...19-1-064663.html#p11

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock