Picked up parted 88 GT by paulsobj
Started on: 04-23-2016 04:28 PM
Replies: 7 (216 views)
Last post by: paulsobj on 04-23-2016 08:46 PM
paulsobj

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paulsobjSend a Private Message to paulsobjEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I Picked up a 88 GT V6 today and It has everything but the body. I was wondering if there was a way to find what RPO codes it had? I have the vin 1G2PG1192JP201201.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the RPO's are on the driver's side front shock tower inside the front trunk.

Bob

BTW, good luck with the project.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The sticker should be on the wheel well in front of the driver.....but if the hood was missing for a while there won't be much left of it.

Go to the thread called 88 database guy and record your new chassis for posterity!
paulsobj

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paulsobjSend a Private Message to paulsobjEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The cars frame is gone, along with the RPO codes. I don't know if there was a way to "pull" the RPO's using the vin. I was going to post to the 88 Database too. I am pondering buying a 88 notchback 4 cyl and making a 88 fastback w/3800 SC...
Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Body is gone....Frame is gone.....

what did you buy?
paulsobj

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paulsobjSend a Private Message to paulsobjEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I might be using the wrong terms. I bought a car that was stripped of everything... then the frame? body? was taken to the scrap yard to be made into LEGOs. So I have the bumpers, hood, engine, interior, all of it. But in huge pile. I would upload a pic but I am at work and Its not possible right now. From what I remember the RPO codes were on the inner fender next to the brake booster. so when the car body was stripped that was left on.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK.

You kept most of the body panels and tossed the frame.....with the sticker on it.
You can tell the database that the car has been scrapped.

If you have all the other parts, you could reconstruct the code list....if you really want it

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 04-23-2016).]

paulsobj

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paulsobjSend a Private Message to paulsobjEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well the guy I bought it from scrapped it. I wish I could have saved it but another one gone.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock