Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  No front license plate required in Minnesota! (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
No front license plate required in Minnesota! by paulsobj
Started on: 04-18-2016 01:29 AM
Replies: 44 (1314 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 04-20-2016 07:04 PM
paulsobj

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for paulsobjSend a Private Message to paulsobjEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was doing some research and stumbled upon this statute that says you don't need a front plate if you are even eligible collector car. Doesn't need to be registered as a collector just ellagable...as in 20 years old...

169.79 VEHICLE REGISTRATION; DISPLAYING LICENSE PLATES.

Subd. 4.Collector's vehicle. If the vehicle is (1) a collector's vehicle with a pioneer, classic car, collector, or street rod license; (2) a vehicle that meets the requirements of a pioneer, classic, or street rod vehicle except that the vehicle is used for general transportation purposes; or (3) a vehicle that is of model year 1972 or earlier, not registered under section 168.10, subdivision 1c, and is used for general transportation purposes, then one plate must be displayed on the rear of the vehicle, or one plate on the front and one on the rear, at the discretion of the owner.

[This message has been edited by paulsobj (edited 04-18-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post04-18-2016 03:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by paulsobj:

I was doing some research and stumbled upon this statute that says you don't need a front plate if you are even eligible collector car. Doesn't need to be registered as a collector just ellagable...as in 20 years old...

169.79 VEHICLE REGISTRATION; DISPLAYING LICENSE PLATES.

Subd. 4.Collector's vehicle. If the vehicle is (1) a collector's vehicle with a pioneer, classic car, collector, or street rod license; (2) a vehicle that meets the requirements of a pioneer, classic, or street rod vehicle except that the vehicle is used for general transportation purposes; or (3) a vehicle that is of model year 1972 or earlier, not registered under section 168.10, subdivision 1c, and is used for general transportation purposes, then one plate must be displayed on the rear of the vehicle, or one plate on the front and one on the rear, at the discretion of the owner.

Might want to check on this, if your state has been slowly moving toward full easy pass tolling/etc.. the one plate rules/laws have been removed/changed...
What they did here is the older "green lettering" plates that are single when you replace the vehicle you can not transfer the "green" plate and are issued a new set of red lettered ones that come as a set of two and you are required to put both on....
Those that have them on older cars in a few years will loose them as the reflective background paint has died from age, and they will require replacement before you get an inspection sticker..

A lot of people here are having a vinyl decal made of the plate and putting that on the front and putting that plate in the glove box/trunk/etc.. so if stopped it's with car,
What I did to my SS is cut the magnets off old speakers and mounted them behind the bumper cover and used 3m trip double sided tape to hold the plate to a thin piece of steel (1/16" iirc) and taced the plate screws heads to the steel backing so it looks like the plate is bolted on, this makes it easy to remove for shows.
85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can have just a rear plate if you have collector plates, correct. If you have standard plates you need 2 regardless of the cars year
busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2016 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I run antique plates in Texas, only one plate issued so it goes on the rear.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2016 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That also says you cant use it for "general transportation" which is part of the rules of collector plates.
So not to work, school, groceries, etc.

busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2016 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

That also says you cant use it for "general transportation" which is part of the rules of collector plates.

Texas states you can use the car for maintenance issues, so going to walmart to get a fan belt etc, anything you can make up at the spur of the moment if you get pulled over

I drove mine to get painted yesterday, that is okay too

check your local laws,
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2016 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yup. Basically, it gives a cop a reason to pull you over

I want to get antique plates for my truck, but the minute I use it as a truck (haul things), I am breaking the law.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-19-2016 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They also are a cop magnet.. on any other day than week end or holiday..
and many have very low mileage limits..
My collector insurance,, if I used a hobby/old car plate it has low mileage limits. and events like cars and coffee would be a nono unless it was on a week end..
around here the cruises/shows are every Thursday one club does every other and the other club does the other ones.. these would be nono's .. as they are labeled cruises not shows..

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2016 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

.... and events like cars and coffee would be a nono unless it was on a week end..
around here the cruises/shows are every Thursday one club does every other and the other club does the other ones.. these would be nono's .. as they are labeled cruises not shows..

Car shows OK but cruise nights not OK? Wow that is being overly particular, if I am reading that correctly.

I could go to a cruise night almost every night but maybe that is what they are trying to prevent.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2016 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We can do cruises here with collector plates, as often as we like, parades, car club meetings, no mileage limit. Even driven for just enjoyment. Just not "general transportation", you know point A to point B like boring regular cars. Commuting, work, etc.
Also you can be driving to check things out after a repair, etc. They are not going to say you cant to do that, I mean what other choice do you have, an airstrip?

Insurance is a separate issue as far as the tabs / cops go and can be more strict.

"Vehicle must be at least 20 years old, The vehicle is owned and operated solely as a collector’s item and not for general transportation purposes. The owner shall also prove that the owner also has one or more vehicles with regular license plates."
(Minnesota)

If you find otherwise please post it.

I am currently running front plates just so I don't get pulled over and hassled about it. They were already there so there are holes if I remove it anyway.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 04-19-2016).]

paulsobj

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2016 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paulsobjSend a Private Message to paulsobjEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We can do cruises here with collector plates, as often as we like, parades, car club meetings, no mileage limit. Even driven for just enjoyment. Just not "general transportation", you know point A to point B like boring regular cars. Commuting, work, etc.
Also you can be driving to check things out after a repair, etc. They are not going to say you cant to do that, I mean what other choice do you have, an airstrip?

Insurance is a separate issue as far as the tabs / cops go and can be more strict.

"Vehicle must be at least 20 years old, The vehicle is owned and operated solely as a collector’s item and not for general transportation purposes. The owner shall also prove that the owner also has one or more vehicles with regular license plates."
(Minnesota)

If you find otherwise please post it.

I am currently running front plates just so I don't get pulled over and hassled about it. They were already there so there are holes if I remove it anyway.

This is current, you can search it on the state website. Yes if you have your Fiero registered as a classic you only have to display one, and you have to obey all the restrictions. All this is addressed in another statute. This is addressing a car that is NOT registered as a classic. What this statute says is that you can display one on the rear or both at owners choice if you have 1 of 3 cases. So case number 2 "a vehicle that meets the requirements of a pioneer, classic, or street rod vehicle except that the vehicle is used for general transportation purposes;" which means you can NOT register it as a classic. Then you can display one plate in the rear. If i am wrong tell me how you are interpreting this case? what situation would fall in #2 if a fiero with normal plates doesnt? I am reading this as I can have my Fiero registered as a normal daily driver and only have one plate in the back. I do have to say that the layers like to make things as confusing as possable
PFF
System Bot
85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2016 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

(2) a vehicle that meets the requirements of a pioneer, classic, or street rod vehicle except that the vehicle is used for general transportation purposes;

So this is interesting, your right some cars can run a normal plate just on the rear. But the Fiero is not one of them, the Fiero is eligible for Collector plates but that is absent from the (2) list.
paulsobj

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2016 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paulsobjSend a Private Message to paulsobjEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85sliverGT:

So this is interesting, your right some cars can run a normal plate just on the rear. But the Fiero is not one of them, the Fiero is eligible for Collector plates but that is absent from the (2) list.

I dont understand how It isn't? Any car that is 20 years old would meet the requirements of classic. Therefore fall into that category. Its not like each year they amend the statute and come out with a new list.... Well all I can say is that It wont be long until I get pulled over and I will have a copy of this in my car. I am sure most cops don't know about this statute. I will have to ask my uncle who is Assistant Chief of Police in a medium sized city here. But cops interpret statutes wrong all the time too...
85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2016 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, the 20 years would make it eligible for Collector, not Classic.

Collector Classes and Requirements
Pioneer Plates

May be displayed on any motor vehicle (except recreational) manufactured prior to 1936.

Classic Plates

May be displayed on any motor vehicle manufactured between and including the years 1925-1948, designated as a classic car under Minnesota Statutes, section 168.10 subdivision 1b, excluding any type of commercial or recreational vehicle.

Collector Plates

May be displayed on any motor vehicle (except recreational) that is at least 20 model years old and manufactured after 1935.
At the time of application, owners must certify that they have one or more vehicles registered with regular Minnesota license plates.

Street Rod Plates

May be displayed on any modernized motor vehicle manufactured prior to the year 1949 or any motor vehicle designed and manufactured to resemble a motor vehicle manufactured prior to 1949.
At the time of application, owners must certify that they have one or more vehicles registered with regular Minnesota license plates.
Marko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2016 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkoSend a Private Message to MarkoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here in Alberta, our government ditched the need for front plates in June of 1986 as a cost savings measure.

Only need to stamp one plate. Production costs virtually drop in half.

I distinctly remember taking the factory bracket off the front of my 1980 Turbo Trans Am, the first day it was legal to do so.

We don't have toll roads in Alberta, (there is actually legislation preventing the creation of such) so no issues there.

Only issues seem to be big city paid parking lots, where they use the license plate to issue parking permits, and require you to pull in nose first, so they can
use computer scanning camera equipped vehicles to enforce expired parking vouchers.

Vehicles look way better without them, in my opinion.

------------------
Marko.

'85 SE 2M6 Muncie 4 speed.
a.k.a "The Rumble Seat"

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2016 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I noticed that as well and figured a Fiero would probably fall in the eliminated group.
paulsobj

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2016 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paulsobjSend a Private Message to paulsobjEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[QUOTE]Collector Classes and Requirements
Pioneer Plates

May be displayed on any motor vehicle (except recreational) manufactured prior to 1936.

Classic Plates

May be displayed on any motor vehicle manufactured between and including the years 1925-1948, designated as a classic car under Minnesota Statutes, section 168.10 subdivision 1b, excluding any type of commercial or recreational vehicle.

Collector Plates

May be displayed on any motor vehicle (except recreational) that is at least 20 model years old and manufactured after 1935.

Street Rod Plates

May be displayed on any modernized motor vehicle manufactured prior to the year 1949 or any motor vehicle designed and manufactured to resemble a motor vehicle manufactured prior to 1949.
[/QUOTE]

Ok yes you are correct but that doesn't change anything. The statute covers both.... It still doesnt say it needs to be registered as collector just meets the requirements and can be a daily driver. They wouldn't have added the second part if it needed to be registered as a collector because thats what part 1 is for.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2016 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

(2) a vehicle that meets the requirements of a pioneer, classic, or street rod vehicle except that the vehicle is used for general transportation purposes

I see so many "Collectors posts" "Point A to point B", "only so many miles allowed" "No school, groceries" ect.... that applies to if you have collectors plates. The statement above says you just need to meet the requirements of collectors plates, NOT that that you have to have them. It also clearly says you CAN use it for "general transportation"

That also says you cant use it for "general transportation"

Where does it say that?
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can tell you in MN.. they will pull you over and ticket you and pull your collector, classic or street rod plates if you are seen driving the car daily .. ie (driving same road to work daily). With these plates you don't need to buy tabs each year..its a one time fee.
85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok yes you are correct but that doesn't change anything. The statute covers both.... It still doesnt say it needs to be registered as collector just meets the requirements and can be a daily driver. They wouldn't have added the second part if it needed to be registered as a collector because thats what part 1 is for.

It does change things. I think you guys are confusing Collector with Classic. Two different classifications.

(1) a collector's vehicle with a pioneer, classic car, collector, or street rod license; (2) a vehicle that meets the requirements of a pioneer, classic, or street rod (Notice it does NOT list Collector) vehicle except that the vehicle is used for general transportation purposes

KEV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I say go run one regular plate and see what happens
PFF
System Bot
Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No your still not getting it. part 1, 2 and 3 list when you can only use 1 plate.

Part 1: If the vehicle is (1) a collector's vehicle with a pioneer, classic car, collector, or street rod license;

This means you would be required to get one of those plates and then abide by the restrictions on them.

Part 2: (2) a vehicle that meets the requirements of a pioneer, classic, or street rod vehicle except that the vehicle is used for general transportation purposes;

This means that if your car falls into one of these categories and does not have a the required plate for it, you may still run 1 plate. Note how the "Collector" plate is not included in this part which is the category the Fiero would be in.

Part 3: (3) a vehicle that is of model year 1972 or earlier, not registered under section 168.10, subdivision 1c, and is used for general transportation purposes, then one plate must be displayed on the rear of the vehicle, or one plate on the front and one on the rear, at the discretion of the owner.

This part only applies to pre 1972 vehicls so again does not apply to the Fiero.

Semicolon: the punctuation mark used to indicate a major division in a sentence where a more distinct separation is felt between clauses or items on a list than is indicated by a comma, as between the two clauses of a compound sentence.

A semicolon is used to separate clauses of a compound sentence. That is, it is used to make each noted part independent to the other parts. You have 3 specific parts in that statement of which only 1 can apply to the Fiero and only if you register it with collector plates.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 04-20-2016).]

Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Khw

11139 posts
Member since Jun 2008

Originally posted by KEV:

I say go run one regular plate and see what happens

If it's like any other vehicle with 1 plate, he will get away with it until he doesn't. Then he will try to site the law and find out that he is the one interpreting the law wrong. At which point and time he will have to install the second plate and at the least pay the fix-it ticket fine. In Cali, that was $10.00 when I lived there so it was no big deal to put the plate on, get it signed off and then take it back off until the next time came around.

A "+" to you for the amusing thought though .

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 04-20-2016).]

KEV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

If it's like any other vehicle with 1 plate, he will get away with it until he doesn't. Then he will try to site the law and find out that he is the one interpreting the law wrong. At which point and time he will have to install the second plate and at the least pay the fix-it ticket fine. In Cali, that was $10.00 when I lived there so it was no big deal to put the plate on, get it signed off and then take it back off until the next time came around.

A "+" to you for the amusing thought though .

Around here in MN .. they have stop issuing fix-it tickets and gone start to flat out fines.. unless you want to go to court and fight it.
Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KEV:

Around here in MN .. they have stop issuing fix-it tickets and gone start to flat out fines.. unless you want to go to court and fight it.

I don't know what they do here in Utah. I've always run both plates. When I was in Cali though I was driving my lowered mini-truck from 1989 to 1996 and I was young and more worried about appearance than legality.
KEV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks to be a $123+ fine depending on the county you are ticketed in..
paulsobj

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for paulsobjSend a Private Message to paulsobjEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Touche my good man. I am now depressed...ha I have had been looking for a way to only have one plate while using as a daily driver. I looked into Origonal plates but MN wont allow and that are in there reserved system ### AAA or AAA ###. Which has been used since early 80's. I tried to get around this by making a personal plate A#A AAA and affixing 88 tabs. As it was possible in 88 someone could have ordered custom plates.... They told me no.... well at least i have some good plates...

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A lot of the people around here run the antquie plates. I run a regular plate. I don't have to worry that way. On front plate needed here. One of the very few good things about this state.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-20-2016 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

Car shows OK but cruise nights not OK? Wow that is being overly particular, if I am reading that correctly.

I could go to a cruise night almost every night but maybe that is what they are trying to prevent.

The antique plates are ment for parades and to and from shows.. and back when they started them most shows were on week ends, and not that offen, maybe 2 a month....
now you can go to car cruise/meets/shows every night once the good weather hits..
Here, the only plus to an antique plate is 10.oo cheaper plate fee every year, and it's iirc a single (or was) a single plate not a set.. and if you registered it as an antique you can use the older plates with the year example

MASS 1964
195 (plate number)

Most Cops know Thursday nights are the big cruise/shows around here so they don't really bother with pulling a vehicle with an antique plate over...
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-20-2016 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012

(Minnesota)

The problem here in my neck of the woods, is both Hagardy and Grundy put mileage limits on insured agreed value policy's when it is registered with Antique plates.. can't remember but I want to say it's 1000-1500 miles a calendar year..
Both with insure agreed value policy's with no mileage limit if registered with standard plates or vanity plates..
but you have to have one vehicle that is under 20 years old for every lic driver in household.. no drivers under 25, if anyone in household is under 25 you have to sign a form and have it notorized. That they will not drive it.. must be garaged, and good driving rating, my policy stops as soon as I drive onto a racetrack.. so, make a few laps at the strip and tag the wall, sorry not covered.. and yes they have people that are paid nicely if you put in a claim and they give the insurance a video of you on the track smacking the wall..

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[QUOTE]Collector Classes and Requirements
Pioneer Plates

Classic Plates

Collector Plates

Street Rod Plates

[/QUOTE]

Yep, there are many types of plates to choose from.
PFF
System Bot
85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Touche my good man. I am now depressed...ha I have had been looking for a way to only have one plate while using as a daily driver. I looked into Origonal plates but MN wont allow and that are in there reserved system ### AAA or AAA ###. Which has been used since early 80's. I tried to get around this by making a personal plate A#A AAA and affixing 88 tabs. As it was possible in 88 someone could have ordered custom plates.... They told me no.... well at least i have some good plates...

If the Fiero is your only car your out of luck, otherwise just go for the collector plates. I run just a rear collector plate and it's not an issue. If its nice out I don't hesitate to drive it, regardless of where I'm driving to.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marko:

Here in Alberta, our government ditched the need for front plates in June of 1986 as a cost savings measure.

Only need to stamp one plate. Production costs virtually drop in half.

They don't even stamp them here anymore technically, just flat, with what looks like a big reflective sticker on it.
But it would still cost half to make just one

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43224 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by JohnWPB:
Where does it say that?

I have collector plates. It doesnt say that about regular plates. You paid the regular fee you can wear down the roads daily on your commute
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If the Fiero is your only car your out of luck, otherwise just go for the collector plates. I run just a rear collector plate and it's not an issue. If its nice out I don't hesitate to drive it, regardless of where I'm driving to.

This... I drive mine on nice days, even to work. I'm always running to the parts place after work or during lunch to pick things up, etc.

I have never been hassled in the five+ years I've had collector plates.

paulsobj, you're in Shakopee?
I'm just down the road in Jordan. We'll have to meet up sometime.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

paulsobj, you're in Shakopee?
I'm just down the road in Jordan. We'll have to meet up sometime.

Yeah and he'll have to come on down to the MN Clubs show June 18th too.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah and he'll have to come on down to the MN Clubs show June 18th too.

And the car cruise to Gooseberry Falls coming up.
paulsobj

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paulsobjSend a Private Message to paulsobjEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And the car cruise to Gooseberry Falls coming up.

I actually dont live in MN currently. I am getting out of active duty and going reserve in the NAVY this fall and will be back. Are you in this car show?

[This message has been edited by paulsobj (edited 04-20-2016).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ahhhh! We met your parents at the show then.. They brought your car down.

Does that sound right?

In the first picture, mine is the one in the back row, all the way in the back end. White hood, black bra.
paulsobj

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paulsobjSend a Private Message to paulsobjEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ahhhh! We met your parents at the show then.. They brought your car down.

Does that sound right?

In the first picture, mine is the one in the back row, all the way in the back end. White hood, black bra.

HAHA yes, i was actually in the air when they were at the show. I was so mad that my flight landed a few hours after the show. Next year i will have my 88 GT t-top shipped from HI to add.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock