Picking up my "new" car on Saturday by Fiero 88
Started on: 04-13-2016 11:23 AM
Replies: 10 (372 views)
Last post by: E.Furgal on 04-18-2016 04:18 AM
Fiero 88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 88Send a Private Message to Fiero 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everything is in place to pick this up on Saturday:

http://minneapolis.craigsli.../cto/5523795489.html

Higher mileage but seems like a very clean car. That'll be nice after the '84 project I just had hauled to the scrap heap due to major rust issues. I haven't had a running Fiero since I sold my '88 in 2003-4ish. It's about 3 hours away from me so it'll get a nice long drive with its new owner on the way home. Pretty excited as the car is very nice for this price point in this area, being the rust belt, most cars look like they were pulled from the Titanic wreckage. Seems as though the car has been treated pretty well over the years so I'm hoping the 2.8 has a decent amount of miles left in it before I'm tasked with a motor swap. Plans are pretty minimal aside from a future engine, I just want to replace/restore parts as they wear and enjoy the car for what it is.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL!

Looks like it received the thumbs up .....................

Fiero 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 88Send a Private Message to Fiero 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm inclined to agree!
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Taking decent Fieros out of Minnesota... how darest thee!

Hope it's as good as it looks... I way overpaid for my 88 being rust free as well. Your price is much better.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations. Looks grest inside and out! I guess I missed the engine bay pics, though.
ltlfrari

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks well cared for and not a bad price either. Post more info once you get her home.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

Looks like it received the thumbs up

That's exactly what I was thinking.

I could never understand why people feel the need to hide their plates when they post an image of their car. How do they hide their plates while they're driving?
Fiero 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2016 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 88Send a Private Message to Fiero 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car was as advertised. Extremely clean and no rust. It's nestled safely in my garage now, too dark for good pics though. Few issues to work on. Car runs very well however it does not like to cruise at 70 mph. Temp gauge climbs high enough to make me nervous and it has the common bouncy oil pressure issue. Temp is a steady 220 when cruising at 55 though so it was a long drive home. It doesn't have the high idle issue, but it is a bit erratic. Has a fierostore braided EGR tube and receipts for replaced vacuum lines so I'll have to do some searching on that. Overall, very good purchase.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2016 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero 88:

The car was as advertised.

Good to hear that it lives up to the photos.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2016 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad it turned out to be a nice car. Very clean interior, was a good price.

Enjoy getting to know it, what ya gonna call it ?
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post04-18-2016 04:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

That's exactly what I was thinking.

I could never understand why people feel the need to hide their plates when they post an image of their car. How do they hide their plates while they're driving?

WeLP, when driving there is much less of a chance of someone snapping a photo of the plate to fine the vehicle latter to steal it, unlike when it's in an internet forum or photo bucket or on the internet in general.. there is a huge underground of theft rings that do nothing but search the web for vehicle to steal and either chop up or ship over the pond..

They also go hunting at bigger cruises and shows... and why many cover the vin with a "look but don't touch decal" and change the plates before they enter the show..

Your not that green that you don't think thugs use the web to search before hand, right??

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock