Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  7th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show, July 30 2016, Frazee MN! (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
7th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show, July 30 2016, Frazee MN! by 2.5
Started on: 04-01-2016 08:36 AM
Replies: 81 (2010 views)
Last post by: Fats on 08-03-2016 07:31 PM
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2016 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be donating an automatic headlight kit for the raffle. I'll even install it for you if have your car there.
IP: Logged

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2016 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool Seajai!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2016 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See you all next week!
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2016 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really looking forward to another Frazee trip. And a cold beer at Zorbas. And a game of Frisbee around the bonfire. Next Thursday can't come fast enough!
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2016 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just ONE more day of work tomorrow! I fly out and get into MSP Monday night. Gonna spend a couple days exploring Minnesota and Wisconsin before heading up with Thursdays caravan. I am counting down the minutes!
Fats

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2016 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Just ONE more day of work tomorrow! I fly out and get into MSP Monday night. Gonna spend a couple days exploring Minnesota and Wisconsin before heading up with Thursdays caravan. I am counting down the minutes!

Stop down at Blue Earth and get your picture taken with the Green Giant.

It's awesome.

Brad

[This message has been edited by Fats (edited 07-23-2016).]

Fats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2016 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fats

5566 posts
Member since Jan 2012
So is anyone caravaning in that I can meet up with?

Leaving whenever on Thursday.

Brad

[This message has been edited by Fats (edited 07-22-2016).]

Fats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2016 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fats

5566 posts
Member since Jan 2012
Quick poll.

Disco ball in the van?

â–¡Yes.

â–¡No.

Brad
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2016 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

Quick poll.

Disco ball in the van?

â–¡Yes.

â–¡No.

Brad

Always!

Where are you currently at?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2016 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Quick poll.

Disco ball in the van?

â–¡Yes.

â–¡No.

Brad

In the van good, in the backyard or garage better

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-22-2016).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2016 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43224 posts
Member since May 2007

Stop down at Green Earth and get your picture taken with the Green Giant.

It's awesome.

Brad

Oddly enough the city is Blue Earth
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2016 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43224 posts
Member since May 2007

So is anyone caravaning in that I can meet up with?

Leaving whenever on Thursday.

Brad

Unless you stop and sleep I think the Thursday caravan from Minneapolis will be a head of you and the Friday Caravan behind you. But there are plenty of folks in between at random times too, some don't even check the internet tho. Post on the facebook site and see who sees it.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1539045669759567

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-22-2016).]

Fats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2016 03:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Oddly enough the city is Blue Earth

Doh. I knew that! That's where I parked for the weekends while working out of Winnebago.

Brad
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2016 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Stop down at Blue Earth and get your picture taken with the Green Giant.

It's awesome.

Brad

What is Blue Earth, and what is the Green Giant. If it is a statue of the guy on the vegetable packaging.... noting personal, but that sounds kinda ..... well.... boring? Not to sound like a prude..... but I am coming from Florida, and only have 2 days before heading up for the car show. Using that time to see a giant green statue.....well....... Kinda reminds me of when the Griswalds stopped along the way on their vacation to see the worlds largest ball of yarn

I was planning on going waterfall hunting, and sight seeing. Andrew (1984whitesc) took me to an amazing state part on the MN / WS border a couple years ago right on the river.

EDIT TO ADD:
Just talked to Andrew.... gonna head to Wisconsin and see Cascade falls. After that, gonna go tubing down the Apple River for 3 hours. For Lunch some 1950's burger joint he knows with homemade milk shakes. Lastly that evening, gonna go See Star Trek Beyond. Looking to be a pretty good Tuesday to start off the trip!

THURSDAY CARAVAN:

Here is the info from Page one that Jason posted, just in case anyone missed it:

As of now the plan is:

10:30 am SHARP! Depart from Elk River for the Thursday Caravan. The usual gas station meeting point.

Shell Gas Station
610 Proctor Ave NW
Elk River, MN 55330

We will do a lunch stop on the way to Frazee. If anyone has any FSR radios / walkie talkies, bring em along. They are great for car to car communication! We will pick a channel to use before we leave. I will have 2 extra radios in case anyone needs one.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-23-2016).]

Fats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2016 03:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What is Blue Earth, and what is the Green Giant. If it is a statue of the guy on the vegetable packaging.... noting personal, but that sounds kinda ..... well.... boring? Not to sound like a prude..... but I am coming from Florida, and only have 2 days before heading up for the car show. Using that time to see a giant green statue.....well....... Kinda reminds me of when the Griswalds stopped along the way on their vacation to see the worlds largest ball of yarn

It is pretty much the giant ball of yarn. They have a gift shop... Full of things without the Green Giant on it. I bought a Sprout hat.

Brad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2016 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

THURSDAY CARAVAN:

Here is the info from Page one that Jason posted, just in case anyone missed it:

As of now the plan is:

10:30 am SHARP! Depart from Elk River for the Thursday Caravan. The usual gas station meeting point.

Shell Gas Station
610 Proctor Ave NW
Elk River, MN 55330

We will do a lunch stop on the way to Frazee. If anyone has any FSR radios / walkie talkies, bring em along. They are great for car to car communication! We will pick a channel to use before we leave. I will have 2 extra radios in case anyone needs one.

Cool, good idea about the radios, I forget to bring those sometimes.

Anyone planning to head up with the group Thursday remember to try and get there early so you can be gassed up and ready to head out with the group at 10:30.

KEV said he plans to meet us in Royalton an hour later at 11:30 on our way.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-25-2016).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2016 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

KEV said he plans to meet us in Royalton an hour later at 11:30 on our way.

Why does KEV always have to be different, why...... I am 1,690 miles away, and I will be there on time!

Just getting ready to head to the airport now. I can't wait to get there!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2016 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why does KEV always have to be different, why...... I am 1,690 miles away, and I will be there on time!

Probably buying a Fiero somewhere!

Yeah whats with that KEV? (Not sure if he is going to check this thread or not)
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2016 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He lives due West of the Cities, so it's a straight shot North to meet everyone there rather than backtracking to meet us in Elk River.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2016 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Synthesis are you joining the Thursday Caravan? Ive noticed some on facebook that probably are, but not sure who to look out for

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-26-2016).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2016 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup. I'll be there. We're picking up one of Michael's friends before we come up.
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2016 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2016 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking for a few that I was going to be able to make the caravan in... But Dispatch is trying to add a run onto me.

Dang.

Brad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2016 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was thinking for a few that I was going to be able to make the caravan in... But Dispatch is trying to add a run onto me.

Dang.

Brad

There is many times a Friday Caravan, but a lot of those folks, including myself have moved to a day earlier, (Thursday).

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2016 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43224 posts
Member since May 2007
See you Thursday caravaners tomorrow, the plan is to depart at 10:30 so be there before that!

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2016 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

Rooms are going fast at the Super 8.... Just 3 left according to their website.

For those who aren't camping.

I'm so burned out from work, I went back and forth all week trying to decide if I'll go or not. Finally I decided to cancel but when I called the motel to cancel, it seems my reservation is non-cancelable! Evidently I got a special rate which they can't (or won't) cancel. So now I WILL be there, mostly out of spite!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2016 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm so burned out from work, I went back and forth all week trying to decide if I'll go or not. Finally I decided to cancel but when I called the motel to cancel, it seems my reservation is non-cancelable! Evidently I got a special rate which they can't (or won't) cancel. So now I WILL be there, mostly out of spite!

Sweet!
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2016 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Staying at the wrong motel? I understood that motel Shipman is THE place to stay. No reservations...reasonable rates...good proximity...
css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2016 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nah I just need a good nights sleep.... Been too little of that lately especially today with my 2:45 AM alarm ringing.

Saw another Fiero in Perham just now.... I might not be the only one at the Super 8.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2016 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jeff PM'D you the address. Come on over to the Shipman now open house we're going to have dinner in about an hour. Call me on my cell phone if you need any other instructions 561-xxx-7024 (EDIT: Time's Up )

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 08-02-2016).]

BlackTopRacing

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2016 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackTopRacingClick Here to visit BlackTopRacing's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlackTopRacingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey everybody, it was great meeting some people from the forums and it was a really beautiful day for a car show.

Here is a video we put together to remember the event. Make sure you watch it in high definition!!

------------------
www.BlackTop.Racing
For 2-seat Rear Wheel Drive Sports Car lighting, accessories and performance parts.

[This message has been edited by BlackTopRacing (edited 08-02-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2016 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackTopRacing:

Hey everybody, it was great meeting some people from the forums and it was a really beautiful day for a car show.

It was great finally meeting you in person as well! We are all so glad that you showed up! I hope to see you and the team again next year!

I just got home around 3am this morning, and went to work at 6:30. I am off to bed! In the next day or so I will post some of the pictures and videos I took this year. What a fantastic Car show and lead in and follow up days! Many thanks to the Shipman's Danielle, Jay, Carter and Cassie for their hospitality!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2016 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another great event, the best weather we could ask for, and great people. Shipmans are the best hosts!

Here are a few sampling of pics...

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 08-03-2016).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2016 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43224 posts
Member since May 2007
Some fun riding a Go Kart at Camp Shipman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2016 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43224 posts
Member since May 2007
This was an interesting car at the show

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2016 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43224 posts
Member since May 2007
Getting ready for the Parade of Wheels on Sunday.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2016 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43224 posts
Member since May 2007
I just have to get a shot of the car at sunset each year.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2016 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43224 posts
Member since May 2007
Here is a link to the official Tyler Shipman Memorial Carshow facebook community, check it out, like it, follow it to keep up to date on events.

https://www.facebook.com/ty...ipmanmemorialcarshow

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 08-03-2016).]

css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2016 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I forgot to look; was there a fire escape or something to get up there?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2016 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I forgot to look; was there a fire escape or something to get up there?

There was a dumpster, and a low enough low end of a flat roof in back.
This has become a tradition since we took the first pics from up there in 2010.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock