Dew wiprs by fierofrenzy
Started on: 04-01-2016 06:51 AM
Replies: 10 (273 views)
Last post by: LornesGT on 04-07-2016 01:00 AM
fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2016 06:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, my next improvement on my 88 Formula is replacing the dew wipes. Any suggestions on who to buy them from ?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
busa_powered

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2016 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought a set from TFS, and they worked fine.

I bought another set for my other fiero from a person on here, haven't installed them yet so I really cant say.
Kevin87FieroGT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2016 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These are the ones you want. Fit great, quality materials, easy purchase and support.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/068262.html

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2016 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kevin87FieroGT:

These are the ones you want. Fit great, quality materials, easy purchase and support.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/068262.html

He makes quality stuff!
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2016 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are good quality but my windows now are slower than a snail.

[This message has been edited by LornesGT (edited 04-01-2016).]

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2016 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rodney has a fix for that. Did you replace your window switches and motors?

http://rodneydickman.com/ca...68dfe7a73bfd458045bd
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2016 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Rodney has a fix for that. Did you replace your window switches and motors?

http://rodneydickman.com/ca...68dfe7a73bfd458045bd

They move pretty fast without the dew wipes. I did buy RD fix but haven't tried it yet. I also cleaned the drivers side switch and assembled it backwards, something to get to someday.
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2016 04:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try readjusting the felt window guides. Replacing an old worn out dew wipe with a new one will put more tension on the window, backing off the guides will help reduce it. That is why your windows move faster without the dew wipe installed, no tension.

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2016 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The inner wipes are out, the felts all the way back. I sortof suspect the motors.
Orig88GT-NC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2016 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Orig88GT-NCSend a Private Message to Orig88GT-NCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LornesGT:.... my windows now are slower than a snail.

First thing to look at with slow windows is the guild tracks. A good cleaning and re-lube will fix most slow window problems and its alot cheaper. The relay kits are a reasonably upgrade, but don't fix the friction problems.

LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2016 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did lube them with white lithuim grease but did not remove and clean them. Maybe the rollers are not in good shape, it looks like quite the pain to removed the tracks. If that is what it takes to get them moving again I have another project to add to the list.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock