help identifying an alternator by Easy8
Started on: 03-27-2016 07:54 PM
Replies: 3 (126 views)
Last post by: Easy8 on 03-29-2016 09:38 PM
Easy8

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2016 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an alternator from an Lt1 fiero conversion. It has a 4 pin connector on the back. After looking at the thing installed there is not much room for anything bigger. Here are some pics.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Seems I have killed this one, 470 ohm resistor...who knew, well not me at least. Any help with where this came from or where I can get another would be wonderfull.
Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2016 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CS130
The rest? no clue. OE Max is 105A but could be less.
That's assuming just a standard CS130. Later units can be remotely control/monitored by PCM often calling for different regulators.

See my Cave, CS Alternator

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

Easy8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2016 04:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a cs130 7808 to be exact. Thanks a ton! Have to love the pool of knowledge here.
Easy8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2016 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So to make this post correct. It is not a cs130 7808 it is a cs130 7082... Or it is from an 87 Pontiac Grand am with the 3.0 v6, or wait for it.....
Yes an 88 fiero GT with the 2.8. All this running around looking and it is a fiero part. Auto zone part number DL1352-6-7. Back to beating my head on the wall. Have fun all.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock