k20 swap? ?? by neftali90
Started on: 03-26-2016 02:48 PM
Replies: 12 (1396 views)
Last post by: neftali90 on 03-29-2016 07:47 PM
neftali90

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2016 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for neftali90Send a Private Message to neftali90Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys at the risk of getting grilled here on the forum has anyone ever consider doing. A k20 swap .....yes a Honda engine it definitely has the aftermarket support and well we've seen even talon engines swapped in them why not a honda?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post03-26-2016 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Go for it.

An F22 swap has been attempted, but I don't know if it has been finished and running yet. The K series would be much more practical though.
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2016 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's been mention of the Honda engine swap thing before. Like dobey said though, I don't know of any that have been finished yet. However, VW VR6 and one of the 3 cyl (?) turbo diesels has been done. Also a Nissan engine and while not on a licensed for street use, the Ford Taurus SHO V6 has also been swapped into a Fiero. Somebody was working on a BMW V12 for his kit car as well if I recall correctly. So the idea of going outside GM for an engine swap isn't unheard of.

If you have enough time/money/experience to do it and it's what you want, I agree "Go for it".
Pancake

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2016 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PancakeSend a Private Message to PancakeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you can do the fab work to mate the k20 and transaxle I'd do it. For all the flack about Hondas out there they make some of the best small displacement n/a engines available. Anything bigger than a b16 midship would be a fun drive.

[This message has been edited by Pancake (edited 03-26-2016).]

wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2016 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Using the Honda transaxle would be the only way to go .The torque curve of the honda would be a bad match for any of the fiero transaxles . I think this would be an awesome swap . Still waiting for the other Honda thread to pop back up .The last post I saw , I am pretty sure he had it running .
tampalinc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2016 07:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tampalincSend a Private Message to tampalincEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A K24 with 6sp manual could make for a fun daily driver.
ICCAMDFIERO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2016 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICCAMDFIEROSend a Private Message to ICCAMDFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a K24 6spd swap in a 2000 honda civic coupe! It's a blast!! The only issue is being fwd. Putting it in a fiero would solve that issue. One day I would love to turbo the motor and swap it into an mr2. If you look into 1320 video on YouTube they have a video of a 900hp turbo K20 mr2.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post03-27-2016 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ICCAMDFIERO:

I have a K24 6spd swap in a 2000 honda civic coupe! It's a blast!! The only issue is being fwd. Putting it in a fiero would solve that issue. One day I would love to turbo the motor and swap it into an mr2. If you look into 1320 video on YouTube they have a video of a 900hp turbo K20 mr2.

Fix it and convert your Civic to AWD.

Fiero_Fan_88

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2016 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ICCAMDFIERO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2016 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICCAMDFIEROSend a Private Message to ICCAMDFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did just buy an AWD honda element last fall. It also has a K24 but different valvetrain then the K24a2 that's from a tsx. Trust me the thought has crossed my mind.
IanT720

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2016 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why K20, when you could have a 20B... Oh yeah

------------------
1987 Fiero GTX 3800 Turbo... My Build, ST3 Cam, Lowered, Wheels, and pics enjoy!https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089483.html

PFF
System Bot
neftali90

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2016 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for neftali90Send a Private Message to neftali90Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No 20b because it'll definitely be too expensive of a hobby lol
neftali90

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2016 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for neftali90Send a Private Message to neftali90Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

neftali90

14 posts
Member since Mar 2016

Originally posted by ICCAMDFIERO:

Yup I've seen the vid and actually it's what got the idea flowing, I have always been a honda fan and well it would really be worth doing

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock