Sparkplug wires by fieros9
Started on: 03-25-2016 10:12 AM
Replies: 7 (422 views)
Last post by: css9450 on 03-27-2016 09:16 AM
fieros9

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2016 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieros9Send a Private Message to fieros9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am looking for red sparkplug wires for my 88 v6. The only ones I have found are at the Fiero Store. Has anyone use these and are they a good replacement for stock wires. Are there any other places that have the replacement wires(red). Thanks for any information .
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2016 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had the red Fiero Store wires on my car at least six years, so long that I don't remember when I put them on. They stood up my 84 Dukes system just fine, I have an MSD GM Blaster coil and a 6A ignition box box on mine. I bought a new set of wires a few years ago, but since the red STI wires are still going great, I can't see replacing them.

[This message has been edited by johnt671 (edited 03-25-2016).]

lateFormula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2016 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bkw88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2016 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bkw88Send a Private Message to bkw88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have had great luck with the summit racing brand wires. Have them on all of my fieros. Also my V8 S10. I routed one wire too close to the header......oops. Thought I cooked the wire. Wiped it off and was fine. Didn't even harme the wire!!!!
Nice part is they are like $39. And are a very nice wire.
Hope this helps!!!!!
Kevin87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2016 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm using the Fiero Store STI brand wires with the MSD Street Fire coil, stock distributor and AC Delco R42TS plugs on two 2.8L's. The wires work great and seem to hold up quite well, one set 5yr. old now, the other 4yr., with no problems. I think they also have a lifetime guarantee.

Summit and Taylor wires are also good choices.

mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2016 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I use Holley #5040R universal plug wires. They are red and I can cut them to match the correct length of stock Fiero wires so they look right installed. It's a little bit of work building them, but I think it's worth it.

Here's a link: https://www.holley.com/prod...ug_wires/parts/5040R
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2016 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the Magnecor KV85 wires http://www.magnecor.com/

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2016 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used the MSD 8.5 or 8.8mm wires, whichever they are. The kind you cut to length and crimp the ends on. Like was said above, with a little care you can do a real careful and neat installation.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock