Aspect Auto glove box by Ryanap333
Started on: 03-24-2016 08:19 AM
Replies: 26 (1352 views)
Last post by: reinhart on 05-30-2023 07:56 AM
Ryanap333

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2016 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ryanap333Send a Private Message to Ryanap333Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone know what this Aspect Auto glove box is and where i can get one?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2016 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Never heard of those...

The only ones I know of are the original Fiero Store style...
(discontinued and hard to come by)

... and the ones at Black Top Racing.
http://www.blacktop.racing/fiero-custom-glove-box/

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2016 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Picture?

If it is this, it was made by TXGOOD. The mall page for it, isn't showing up for some reason. Not sure why.

zzzhuh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2016 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

zzzhuh

826 posts
Member since Jan 2014

Originally posted by fierosound:

Never heard of those...

You beat me to it by one minute haha. Weird how we both used the same picture
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2016 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
a while back, someone had created a new version of the "Fiero Store" one. It was a better design and had upgraded lock/clasp. I had bought a FS version off the mall and w/in a week this new version came out. It was cheaper that what i paid for the FS one and was available in all the colors.

not sure if this is the one or not.

Rob
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2016 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The glove boxes on the Blacktop Racing website are TXGOOD's glove boxes.

I have one, and in my opinion, it is the best available. Mike's work is incredible, the fit, finish, and function is second to none - looks completely stock, like it was a factory part. (the glove box Pontiac should have included originally)

Worth every penny (and then some!)

------------------
Tim
'87 GT
Med Red Metallic
85K miles
Bay City, MI

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2016 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

a while back, someone had created a new version of the "Fiero Store" one. It was a better design and had upgraded lock/clasp.

The "redesign" was by Paul Vargyas. Seemed like he killed the project shortly after he announced them, though.
Too bad. They looked really nice.
Ryanap333

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2016 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ryanap333Send a Private Message to Ryanap333Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im looking at buying an artero dash cover and it already got the cut out for the glove box i mentioned. I havent received the pictures yet so see the actual hole. Either way though im sure i can come up with something...
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2016 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ryanap333:

Im looking at buying an artero dash cover and it already got the cut out for the glove box i mentioned.
I havent received the pictures yet so see the actual hole. Either way though im sure i can come up with something...

I sent you a PM...

That's the Pisa product for the Fiero.
At one time Pisa also sold the Fiero Store glove box.
http://www.pisafierohq.com/...s/artero_dash_cover/

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 03-25-2016).]

fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2016 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierosound

15145 posts
Member since Nov 1999

Originally posted by qwikgta:

a while back, someone had created a new version of the "Fiero Store" one. It was a better design and had upgraded lock/clasp.
I had bought a FS version off the mall and w/in a week this new version came out. It was cheaper that what i paid for the FS one and was available in all the colors.

Paul's original posting (no longer available)
http://www.paulvargyas.com/glovebox.htm

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 03-25-2016).]

trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2016 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's the Pisa product for the Fiero.
At one time Pisa also had the Fiero Store glove box.
http://www.pisafierohq.com/...s/artero_dash_cover/

Are these still available? I REALLY like that dash. I've been digging though posts about dash swaps, and this looks like a pretty simple way to "upgrade" the Fiero interior.

Has anyone installed this? If so, what are your thoughts?
PFF
System Bot
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2016 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

The "redesign" was by Paul Vargyas. Seemed like he killed the project shortly after he announced them, though.
Too bad. They looked really nice.

I doubt Paul killed the project; they were made by Ms Lori. Paul was just the distributor.

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2016 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

I doubt Paul killed the project; they were made by Ms Lori. Paul was just the distributor.

Ah. Thanks. Didn't know that.
Ryanap333

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2016 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ryanap333Send a Private Message to Ryanap333Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was the old fiero store glove box. I thing I can make the blacktop racing box work if I trim some of the fiberglass away...
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2016 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The black top racing glovebox doesn't have any fiberglass in them because I make them p
They are made of plywood covered wth vinyl
Ryanap333

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2016 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ryanap333Send a Private Message to Ryanap333Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I should have been more clear. I mean from the looks of it if i trim the sides away from the dash on each side of the hole where the fiero store glove bilox fit then the blacktop racing glove box could fit.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2016 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by trivet:

....this looks like a pretty simple way to "upgrade" the Fiero interior.

It is very simple but still it's an $800 way to upgrade the interior.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2016 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

It is very simple but still it's an $800 way to upgrade the interior.

And this is why the Fiero aftermarket is so small. I could build a plug and play Firebird dash but the number of people willing to pay what it would cost is negligible.
Ryanap333

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2016 06:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ryanap333Send a Private Message to Ryanap333Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its looks much better than to top of the factory dash. I looked at the firebird dash swap. Its just to much. I can put this cover on, work out the glove box, put the black lexan trim kit, and up grade to led light bulb. I think ill be happy with that. I also have the uphostery kit that replaces the carpeted lower portion of the doors. Ive got the custom sub box to go between the seats along with the round speaker adapter plates, all new speakers, amp, and reciever unit. Mines also got leather seats with the ferrari horse, ferrari steering wheel, ferrari floor mats, and ferrari speedo.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2016 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

Paul seemed to indicate that, with enough interest, these could be made again. The way it sounded, there was some sort of issue with the machines. You would probably know better than I, however.

Both the TFS box and Paul's box supposedly had issues with being very thin. I have 2 of the TFS boxes. I combined the best parts from both into one box, then added to the thickness.

As for the TFS glove box, there is no cutting required on the dash to make this glove box fit; however, the mounting holes do not line up with the holes from the factory glove box. Also, the back of the box does not fill the existing glovebox hole, which means that this glove box bounces some while driving.

As indicated above, many things could be made for the Fiero, but we are sometimes our own worst enemy. We won't pay a reasonable cost, aggravate the vendor to the point that the effort never comes to fruition, or by the time something is created, we've moved on and don't want it anymore.

Disclaimer: Before the inevitable accusation follows, I am speaking only from observation, NOT for the community.
stylecomet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2023 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stylecometSend a Private Message to stylecometEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Never heard of those...

... and the ones at Black Top Racing.
http://www.blacktop.racing/fiero-custom-glove-box/

LOve to find one of these, one on EBay, but the idiot wants $400
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2023 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Years back I spoke with the owner of Aspect auto and purchased two glove boxes from him. I thought that they were really nice and added balance to the dash. IIRC Aspect was located in CA. According to what the owner told me they ran the maximum amount that the tooling allowed and after selling many did not decide to re-tool because the expense was high and he thought that the market had already been saturated. The real selling point of these boxes was that they looked OEM and were light enough not to weigh down the dash that didn't have great support. These boxes could easily be recreated but new tooling costs may not be able to be re-covered by the sales.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 05-13-2023).]

Larry Hubbert

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2023 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry HubbertSend a Private Message to Larry HubbertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have one of the PISA/Fiero Store glove boxes in dark grey that I will sell to someone who is interested
Larry Hubbert

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2023 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry HubbertSend a Private Message to Larry HubbertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Larry Hubbert

561 posts
Member since Nov 2015
Sorry I forgot to attach the pix of the Glove Box I have available. Thanks.

[img]https://images.fiero.nl/userima ges/Larry%2520Hubbert/Dark%20Grey%20Aux.%20Glove%20Compartment-B.JPG[/img]
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2023 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Never heard of those...

I remember seeing several of these in the junkyard, U-Pull-It in Davie, Florida (South Florida). I remember thinking that these were aftermarket and likely only from the Fiero Store... which I thought was both interesting, and also kind of sad... thinking that the people who likely had the car before it ended up in the yard, were enough of a fan of Fieros that they knew about the Fiero Store.

Kind of bums me out... back in the early 2000s, there were at least 2 or 3 Fieros in that junkyard nearly every time I went. I mean, don't get me started, there were also Maseratis, Porsches, Corvettes, even a low / entry level Ferrari once in a blue moon. But now, you never see cars like this in the yard... which shows how significantly the numbers are declining on these cars.

Also makes me realize that... a car purchased new at the time I was a senior in high school, is now considered a "classic."
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2023 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Might be a printable project?
reinhart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2023 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Kind of bums me out... back in the early 2000s, there were at least 2 or 3 Fieros in that junkyard nearly every time I went. I mean, don't get me started, there were also Maseratis, Porsches, Corvettes, even a low / entry level Ferrari once in a blue moon. But now, you never see cars like this in the yard... which shows how significantly the numbers are declining on these cars.
"

Same with CA. There's at least one every month within a 50 mile radius. Many are in great shape. I've seen fully loaded 88 GTs with no body damage. The Cash For Clunkers program no doubt. It's sad.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock