Fiero Fiberglass F355 Nose Value? by DLCLK87GT
Started on: 03-15-2016 08:00 AM
Replies: 11 (378 views)
Last post by: DLCLK87GT on 03-17-2016 07:35 AM
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2016 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello. Curious what one of these is worth as I've got a brand new one squirrelled away in my garage. I'm not sure if I'll ever use it but not sure if I want to part with it either as it looks like they are no longer being made.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2016 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A lot would depend on how well it fits. Some are nearly perfect, others are not even close without a total fiberglass rebuild job. If you have to cut it all up and glass it to make it fit, you could make a better one from scratch by yourself. Id pay a few hundred or a little more for one that fit right up. If its like from Imaginary Glass, I wouldnt give you $5.00 for it.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 03-15-2016).]

DLCLK87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2016 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, I didn't know these had fitment issues. I got it from him in Carlisle PA years ago when they still had the Fiero/kit car shows. Maybe I'm wrong about the supplier. I see from that site he's in Florida. The company I got it from I thought was more local to PA. Possibly Ohio or Virginia. It looks very nice and solid but I never installed it so you may be right.
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2016 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maybe some pictures would help identify who made it?
DLCLK87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2016 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, I didn't know these had fitment issues. I got it from him in Carlisle PA years ago when they still had the Fiero/kit car shows. Maybe I'm wrong about the supplier. I see from that site he's in Florida. The company I got it from I thought was more local to PA. Possibly Ohio or Virginia. It looks very nice and solid but I never installed it so you may be right.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2016 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He had a woman that worked for him (she is a true artist and perfectionist)...that left for a few years and now I believe have since returned.

My guess...is that yours is old enough that it has a good fit...but can't say for sure.
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2016 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DLCLK87GT:

I'm certain that Jim Shulz, (Fiero Fiberglass) has never been to Carlisle, so if you bought something from someone there at the show it is hard to say exactly what you have.

Jim should be along in this thread soon to clarify that and any other issues or misconceptions.
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2016 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you bought it from a vendor in PA at a show, it's not from Fiero Fiberglass unless they obtained it second hand. We have never been to any shows in PA. Post some pictures of it and I can tell you if it's one of ours or not.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 03-16-2016).]

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2016 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JimmyS

4666 posts
Member since Apr 2006

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

He had a woman that worked for him (she is a true artist and perfectionist)...that left for a few years and now I believe have since returned.

My guess...is that yours is old enough that it has a good fit...but can't say for sure.

We only sold a few of these bumper and only 2 had fitment issues that I know of. They weren't horrible issues but it was enough that I didn't want to sell them till the issues were addressed. The center of the bumper sat about 1/4" lower than the hood and the left side, where it wrapped around, flared out about an inch.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2016 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

We only sold a few of these bumper and only 2 had fitment issues that I know of. [....] The center of the bumper sat about 1/4" lower than the hood and the left side, where it wrapped around, flared out about an inch.

Yes, I have one of the 2 bumpers mentioned. It is not a hugely noticeable problem, just as mentioned the bumper is about a 1/4" lower in the center than the hood.

When I told them about my bumper not lining up correctly, Fiero Fiberglass told me when I am ready to bring my car to them and leave it for a few days. (We are just a couple hour away from each other). He said they would make it right. This included taking the bumper off, repairing it, and shaping it and custom fitting it to my car. On top of that then painting it to match my car. Then offering to deliver it back to me! The only cost, out of my pocket, would be the $50 for a quart of paint for the bumper to match my car.

This is what I call AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2016 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been to their shop a few times (Fiero Fiberglass, that is). Dan is very talented at fiberglass fabrication. And Jimmy has very good business sense. I have plenty of respect for both of them.
PFF
System Bot
DLCLK87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2016 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This was from the maker and had several at the show along with other items. I'll have to look, might still have the receipt.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock