3D Printed Air Intake Vent Replacements by unikron
Started on: 03-11-2016 09:01 PM
Replies: 1 (375 views)
Last post by: jmbishop on 03-11-2016 11:25 PM
unikron

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2016 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unikronSend a Private Message to unikronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So usually most people simply replace the entire lower panel where the air intake vents are to make them channeled and hopefully bring more air into the engine while the vehicle is in motion. There are several replacements that are readily available that do exactly this but who wants to spend $50-150+ on a single piece of plastic when you can literally print something for pennies. Especially something so simple. So I decided to design some new parts that could be 3D printed. Here is the model for download. Keep in mind this is a driver side only. So you would need to mirror the STL file and print a passenger copy as well.

This fit perfectly on my 85 GT.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1409691

These things can be fairly time consuming to print and I am very busy printing my own stuff usually so I cannot print these for others. But I do freely give the design out so if anyone wants to print their own or even improve upon this design. I plan on acetone vapor bathing my vents and plastidipping them black so they match the original stock color. Personally I think they look a lot better and not to mention serve a much better purpose since it helps direct airflow into the engine better in theory.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jmbishop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2016 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock