L67 road course setup cost? by Blowerwhine
Started on: 03-11-2016 10:00 AM
Replies: 9 (259 views)
Last post by: IanT720 on 03-15-2016 07:45 AM
Blowerwhine

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2016 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlowerwhineSend a Private Message to BlowerwhineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi guys I've been thinking of a Fiero for about a year now and I really want a good, light, corner carver with a 3800SC in it. Obviously I'm new to the Fiero scene but I'm not new to the 3800s. Now I was wondering how much it'd cost to swap in a 3800SC in a Fiero with the 65HD tranny (assume all junkyard parts). Approximately how much would it cost if I did the work alone and how much would it be if it's done in the shop? How capable are the Fiero's suspension? Would a budget of $15k be sufficient for a full suspension/motor/trans setup (with shop time)?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2016 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetClick Here to Email trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum!

You would most likely be better off purchasing a Fiero with the swap already done. Keep an eye on The Mall section - there are usually some available, and usually for much less than it would cost to do the swap itself.

Whichever way you go, this is the place for everything you need. This forum is the reason my Fiero is on the road!

------------------
Tim
'87 GT
Med Red Metallic
85K miles
Bay City, MI

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2016 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Forum!
It's tough to answer cost questions because they change a lot depending on where you are, and how good you want the car to be. If you want a quote and some advice, I suggest sending a PM to Olejoedad on this forum.
Blowerwhine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2016 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlowerwhineSend a Private Message to BlowerwhineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dumb question but... how do I actually pm someone in this forum lol
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2016 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blowerwhine:

Dumb question but... how do I actually pm someone in this forum lol

This forum is not very intuitive.....but then neither is the Fiero.

Use the SEARCH function button in the upper right. If you practice with it, you can bring up hundreds of threads on your subject. Find a post by Olejoedad....it really does not matter which one, and look for PM in the upper right part of the post. You can practice on me.....see the little boxes above this text to the right? Click on PM and send me your thoughts. Where in Michiagn are you?

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 03-11-2016).]

Blowerwhine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2016 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlowerwhineSend a Private Message to BlowerwhineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

This forum is not very intuitive.....but then neither is the Fiero.

Use the SEARCH function button in the upper right. If you practice with it, you can bring up hundreds of threads on your subject. Find a post by Olejoedad....it really does not matter which one, and look for PM in the upper right part of the post. You can practice on me.....see the little boxes above this text to the right? Click on PM and send me your thoughts. Where in Michiagn are you?

Lol im so dumb I found it... this forum is hard to navigate around, much harder than the GPF I'm used to. I'm from Southeast MI

trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2016 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetClick Here to Email trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm from Southeast MI

I didn't even see that when I first responded. Howdy neighbor!

------------------
Tim
'87 GT
Med Red Metallic
85K miles
Bay City, MI

Blowerwhine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2016 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlowerwhineSend a Private Message to BlowerwhineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by trivet:

I didn't even see that when I first responded. Howdy neighbor!

Hello neighbor, but I'm still quite a far from the bay area
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey there are quite a few 3800's in West and Central Michigan. It makes the Fiero a "True GT" , oh wait you want a road racer. Cool that would be fun.
IanT720

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2016 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Click Here to Email IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hello neighbor, but I'm still quite a far from the bay area

It really all depends on how crazy you want to go. Honestly it's a very easy swap. Buying pre made mounts, axles, and wiring I finished my swap when I was 17 by myself. I think I was in it for about 2,500. Car included. Now with a new car 87 GT, and all my newest upgrades I think I spent another 2,000. With 1,000 to go probably. But that's with a 67mm Precision turbo, expensive sound deadening, machine work, camshaft/valve train, full poly suspension, all new suspension/steering joints. Lowering springs, everything in the brake system, rims, and a nice stereo haha.
Ps. I was building a nice daily driver. For a racecar it's cheaper.

------------------
1987 Fiero GTX 3800 Turbo... My Build, ST3 Cam, Lowered, Wheels, and pics enjoy!//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089483.html

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock