Check out this insane rebody... by thesameguy
Started on: 03-10-2016 12:50 AM
Replies: 12 (654 views)
Last post by: motoracer838 on 03-12-2016 09:21 PM
thesameguy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2016 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First: http://forums.pelicanparts....low-friday-what.html
Second: http://goldcountry.craigsli.../cto/5469324453.html

Look at the parts list:

ls3 480 [$8500 new complete]...
installed new mendeola road race 5 sp sequential [$15250 new]...
c5 corvette suspen...
z06 brakes...
wildwood balance bar...
pushbutton air shift...
pushbutton clutch...
power steering...

It's kinda fugly but it looks like it was built to be fugly. I am really diggin' it.

Someone in SoCal needs to check this thing out and report back.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2016 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks more like it is purpose built, and not so much for looks.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2016 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It wouldn't be hard to make that car look awesome, but probably not worth the cost/effort.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2016 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For 15K, it has a lot of good parts. Curious to see what the chassis looks like with the mods for the C5 suspension... unfortunately, I expect that it would be as unrefined as the work on the body.
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2016 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The only issue for me is the headlights,
if they flowed more with the body lines the car would look much better,
there is nothing else round on the car
thesameguy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2016 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be in SoCal in three weeks - I am really hoping that car is still available and I can talk the owner into letting me check it out.
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2016 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

For 15K, it has a lot of good parts. Curious to see what the chassis looks like with the mods for the C5 suspension... unfortunately, I expect that it would be as unrefined as the work on the body.

What Guru said, the Mendeola transaxle alone cost more than 15k and you still need flywheel, clutch and shifter, oh and wth is a "pushbutton" clutch??? the LS3 480 crate engine is a good 6k and that's before harness and pcm, oh yeah what's the point of having the LS3 480 if you haven't run it past 5,000 rpm???

Also couldn't help but notice the add only had 1 pic, just what is the owner hiding??? While I'm asking questions, just how freakin' big are those wheels???

As for that body, whatever the builder was smoking, I don't want...

Joe

[This message has been edited by motoracer838 (edited 03-11-2016).]

motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On closer inspection, it looks like the wheels are from a C6 Z06, that would be 18X10 front and 19X12 rear, if the Z06 brakes are from a C6, they would need every bit of the 18" wheels on front to clear the calipers.

Joe

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The body was made using a new type of material called GRC instead of FRP. It stands for Glue Reinforced Cardboard.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is not a re-body. That is a re-engineered car. Only the FIero main body chassis is used and probably well modified outside the cabin. Still cool someone invest so much $$ in it. Must be a really fun drive.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

That is not a re-body. That is a re-engineered car. Only the FIero main body chassis is used and probably well modified outside the cabin. Still cool someone invest so much $$ in it. Must be a really fun drive.

I would say you are correct. Basically this is all he used:

and even that is a stretch with his slanted windshield and chopped roofline.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 03-12-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

I would say you are correct. Basically this is all he used:

and even that is a stretch with his slanted windshield and chopped roofline.

I would prefer yours over that one any day
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

The body was made using a new type of material called GRC instead of FRP. It stands for Glue Reinforced Cardboard.

Ha, I was thinking more along the lines of CAD, cardboard aided design.

Joe

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock