Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Summer 2015 Fiero Fun! Another Late Posting of my previous fiero Projects

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Summer 2015 Fiero Fun! Another Late Posting of my previous fiero Projects by liv4God
Started on: 03-10-2016 12:46 AM
Replies: 2 (176 views)
Last post by: liv4God on 03-10-2016 09:53 PM
liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2016 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This past summer I ran into a sweet deal! 3 Fieros and a plethora of parts for $400!!! I seriously felt like I stole them None of the cars worked of course, but still, the parts I received alone were worth more than $400.
Here's a posting from the Craigslist listing I found them on:

All three were 86 models. 1 SE (the black one) and two standard sport coupes with dukes.
I brought them home one at a time by trailer, a two day affair since the location wasn't that close. I was staying with my parents for the summer, on break from college, my Dad wasn't too thrilled, but we have a lot of land and he was nice to let me keep them there
And after washing they didn't look so bad anyway.

1. The red car was the first to be repaired since it needed the least done. Basically a general maintenance procedure and replacement of the usual failing parts after sitting, fuel pump, vacuum lines, brakes, sensors, etc (I don't think I need to list everything, right?).

Oh and the clutch :,(

The interior was in great condition and the car only had about 116k miles on it.
Derusted and repainted some engine parts too. Taken over winter break here are a few pics after finishing:

Could use a paint job, but not bad overall. Total on the red car: +-$1300
I was originally planning to sell it to a friend so I just wanted to cover the basics, get it running well and what not and let him do any extra stuff if he wanted. That didn't workout though, so I'm keeping it for now.

2. Since the black car was an SE, with performance sound V6 and fully loaded I thought I should do it next. Unfortunately it was an automatic, not my preference. I only had money and time for two cars so I thought I would forget the silver and repair the black next. Black had a seized engine however as well as wiring issues and the interior was gross. So I changed my mind, thinking it would cost too much to get the black running (and it was an automatic anyway). Thus I restored the silver instead. It was rather disastrous as well, but still cheaper to rebuild the duke than the v6. I rebuilt the engine and replaced too much other stuff to mention.

Here are some before pictures:

After much work It turned out like this:

Interior is not fully finished yet, so no pictures. Everything was ready to be reinstalled and finished on the interior, but then I had to go back to school in Texas. :/
Total spent on the grey: $<1500 (All those parts and a donor car helped too)

So what became of the black?
A very unfortunate fait :'(
I took a number of parts from it. I wanted to keep it as a parts car. However my Dad got tired of it there so I told him I'd sell it (or even give it) as a parts car. I hoped at least someone could use many more of the still useful parts. I had several interested takers, but before they could come my dad had the wreckers take it away. :'( :'( Another Fiero out of existence... Sorry. My fault I didn't find a better place to put it.

To sum up the story, two now running Fieros, one no longer existing Fiero and a summer of great fun!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2016 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool stuff. Too bad your dad isn't more tolerant of the cars being around. But should be glad he is as tolerant as he is too.
liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2016 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Too bad your dad isn't more tolerant of the cars being around. But should be glad he is as tolerant as he is too.

Yeah, although I would have preferred to keep the black one around, I was grateful that he let me keep them there while I repaired them and the two running ones are still stored there as well.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock