Started on: 03-05-2016 01:39 PM
Replies: 24 (1151 views)
Last post by: wftb on 03-17-2016 09:40 PM
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2016 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It has taken much longer than anticipated to get everything situated from my relocation back to IL, and for that I apologize to my customers and want-to-be customers.

Fortunately we are now settled and I have been busy the past several weeks pulling equipment and parts out of storage and getting my shop area setup. So within a few short weeks I will be back to selling most of my products.

My most popular products will be brought back... if you need these before 4/1, I have the components in stock, so just PM me and we will work something out.
Fieroguru 13" brake kit for the 88 Fiero: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/060122.html
Fieroguru 12" brake kit for the 88 Fiero: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/069174.html
Fieroguru Lateral Link Relocation Brackets: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/060635.html
Fieroguru F40 Shift Cable Bracket: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/070248.html
Fieroguru F23/F40 Clutch Line Connector: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/070488.html

It has been nearly 5 years since I developed the Fieroguru 13" brake kit, and I have never publicly shared the rotor application it was based on, that information was reserved for those who purchased the kit. However, as I get everything restarted, I think its time to share this information: Fieroguru 13" kit uses 4 rear rotors from the GM Lambda platform:
2007-2010 Saturn Outlook
2007-2016 GMC Acadia
2008-2016 Buick Enclave
2009-2016 Chevy Traverse

I do have less free time than I did in KY, and I want to still be able to continue my R&D efforts on various fiero fronts, so the following items I will no longer be offered:
Concentric rings for other brake kits
Rotors drilled to the 5x100 pattern for other vendor's brake kits
Custom machine work
Engine swaps for others - might revisit this in a year or two.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2016 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I must say, you picked a great date to re-open.

But on a more serious note, I'd love a set of those lateral link relocation brackets. But there's a twist. I'll send you a PM.
Gwhite18

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2016 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gwhite18Send a Private Message to Gwhite18Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The brakes on my 2012 traverse are awesome. They must work well. And it's nice they are new so parts are avaliable and plentyfull.

[This message has been edited by Gwhite18 (edited 03-05-2016).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2016 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

I want to still be able to continue my R&D efforts on various Fiero fronts...

That's great news for all past, present and future customers.
ignorant prodigy

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2016 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
awesome!

Been hoping you'll bring back the clutch line connector
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2016 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Already responded, in the mall.

I'm happy to see you "at it" again. Best of luck!
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2016 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome back

+1 for my 13" brake kit from you as well. Nice quality, worked great
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2016 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought the rotors on my Fiero and my Acadia looked similar. Glad to hear you're back in business. Looking forward to see what new stuff you come up with.

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo, water/meth injection
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project
01 BMW 525i: daily driver

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2016 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I do have less free time than I did in KY, and I want to still be able to continue my R&D efforts on various fiero fronts...

Might I suggest an "all inclusive" F23 swap kit? Mounting brackets, shift cable adapter hardware, and TOB spacer?
The F23 has become fairly popular, and parts still seem to not be readily available. (I've never done an F23, so I may have misspoken about needed items.)

Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2016 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2016 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bridgetown:

Also desperately needed:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/064690.html

Yes! I'd buy one. Immediately.
PFF
System Bot
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2016 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Yes! I'd buy one. Immediately.

Same here!
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2016 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Also desperately needed:

Yup.
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2016 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all the support!

Originally posted by Raydar:
Might I suggest an "all inclusive" F23 swap kit? Mounting brackets, shift cable adapter hardware, and TOB spacer?
The F23 has become fairly popular, and parts still seem to not be readily available. (I've never done an F23, so I may have misspoken about needed items.)

Having done a F23 swap and driven it about 500 miles, I just didn't like the driving experience as compared to the F40 - this is simply personal preference. I would drive the LS4/F40 to work and back, then take the SBC/F23 out after work for shake down runs, tuning, and driving the back roads. The only thing I found better was the F23 shifts like a knife through butter vs. the notchiness off the F40.

My R&D efforts for the distant future will be focused on finishing up all my LS4/F40/4T65e-hd product development and a couple of other drivetrain related fronts.

I have no immediate plans to do anything more with the F23 or 84-87 brake kits for that matter.

Also desperately needed:

While I have one of the 88 versions of this installed on my LS4/F40 Fiero, and it is a great product that does exactly what it is supposed to, I have no intentions of doing anything but using it. Aaron88 had a great and unique idea for the Fiero and his product simply worked. While he hasn't been around for a couple of years likely due to other factors in his personal life, I fully understand this having taken nearly 1.5 years to get situated post relocation.

As far as I am concerned, this product is for aaron88 to bring back when he is ready.

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2016 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope he comes back soon, because I could really use one of those brake bias adjusters too.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2016 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As far as I am concerned, this product is for aaron88 to bring back when he is ready.

Class act. Good for you.
Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2016 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is anyone in contact with him? (Aaron) Maybe Steven Snyder? Could talk to him and see if he's not planning to make more, you and him could work out a deal to reproduce them?
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2016 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As I prepare to reopen and have been answering a flood of PMs about availability, I went ahead and took an inventory:

13" brake kit: 27 hardware kits in stock - I order rotors on an as needed basis
12" brake kit: 4 hardware kits in stock - rotors ordered as needed
Lateral Link Relocation Brackets: parts for 7 sets in stock, just need to be assembled and welded
F40 Shift Cable Bracket: parts for 14 brackets and reverse lockouts in stock, just need to be assembled and welded
F23/F40 Clutch Line Connector: 11 in stock

As each product reaches its own reorder threshold, they will be replenished. Fortunately, my relocation back to IL has me significantly closer to the machine shop that cuts all my parts.

By this coming weekend, I will have 220V in the garage and plan to move the last of my equipment (metal brake and vertical mill) into the garage. I am planning to take a 4 day weekend the following weekend to get all the needed parts assembled and painted.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2016 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Personally I need some Concentric rings for other brake kits but,

congrats on being back in business, I would have bought your brake kit a few months ago if they had been in production
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am now ready to start selling products again, but want to help those who have been wanting my 13" Brake kit for the past year while I relocated.

So from now until 4/1/2016 my 13" Brake Kit is on sale - $100 full car kits ($50 on front or rear only kits).
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/073604.html

Feel free to PM me for ordering details.

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 03-13-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2016 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2016 04:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With regards to the brake bias adjuster that Aaron88 made , there are alternatives . Willwood makes simple bias valves as well as a combo valve that looks like it could replace the stock unit with a bit of plumbing changes .They are all less than a 100.00 from Summit Racing .
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2016 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I was looking at the Wilwood prop valve. I have some questions though, like can it be used to increase the rear line pressure. It seems adjustable prop valves typically are made to reduce rear line pressure.

Maybe I should start a new thread?

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 03-17-2016).]

wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2016 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It does reduce pressure down from a 100% starting point if am reading the info properly .Since the stock unit has already reduced way below what most of us want already , then one of these units should let us get to something higher than what we have now .I am getting the passenger front wheel lock up so I am going to level my car tomorrow and if that does not help I will get one of the Willwood units .Then yes we should get out of Guru's thread .

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock