Ebay seller by busa_powered
Started on: 02-29-2016 09:51 PM
Replies: 12 (399 views)
Last post by: jaskispyder on 03-02-2016 03:33 PM
busa_powered

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2016 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So this guy on eBay is selling a window regulator.

I asked him if it was for a manual or power windows.

I'm a bit taken back by his response that I should call and find out, shouldn't
That be his job to do. I'm a bit taken back by the response

This is his response:

Thanks for the question, I'm happy to help as best I can!

Unfortunately, we do not have information about this window regulator beyond what is included in the product listing. I wasn't able to determine if this part is for electric or manual windows. This part is stocked at a remote warehouse and I don't have access to the physical item.

I recommend you reach out to your local GM dealer with the part number (20302331) and ask your question of them. This item is a genuine OEM part, the same as you would purchase directly from the dealer.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
darbysan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2016 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Probably a company selling off inventory from a closed business, or an estate.

------------------
'87 GT in process, including GA / Seville brakes, Poly Suspension, '95 3800 Series 1 SC ( 225 hp ) 4t60e.

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2016 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
double post

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 03-01-2016).]

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2016 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jaskispyder

21510 posts
Member since Jun 2002
Sounds about right... you can check the 22P to make sure it is what you want.

Looks to be manual regulator

http://www.fieronews.net/fu...Fiero_Parts_Book.pdf

manual: 20302330 (RH) 20302331 (LH)

Power: 20311752 (RH) 20311753 (LH)
busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2016 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just seems the seller should do the leg work so he can give an accurate description.

Not throw out a part number and say you do the work.

viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2016 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oftentimes, a seller who doesn't fully know what he has is much cheaper. This is strongly noticed when it's a rare part. The junkyard I go to tries to research parts I pull while I'm actually pulling them to see if I've been quoted too low. Twice they tried to burn me like this. On the other hand, I scored a GT tail lens for $50 because of a yard's ignorance. I don't mind that kind of ignorance

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2016 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would be nice if they knew and said what it fit. Its getting to where many actually even say the wrong thing.
I will usually do leg work to verify even if it claims it will fit.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2016 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a good example of why knowing part numbers is good. You can search for them and sometimes find great deals because others don't know this trick.

Same for when comparison shopping. I search by model number of the item and can save a lot of money.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2016 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

This is a good example of why knowing part numbers is good. You can search for them and sometimes find great deals because others don't know this trick.

Same for when comparison shopping. I search by model number of the item and can save a lot of money.

I buy all my race parts from Summit this way. Search it out, find the cheapest, Summit beats the lowest price by 10%.

This sounds like another one of those, "what are you doing foe me today" cases.
viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2016 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
10%?? Last time I tried, they only beat the competitor by $1.00... I still rely on them, I live 90 miles from their Ohio store and everything gets here overnight. Always go to Google shopping with part numbers for competitive pricing.

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

I buy all my race parts from Summit this way. Search it out, find the cheapest, Summit beats the lowest price by 10%.

This sounds like another one of those, "what are you doing foe me today" cases.

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2016 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by viperine:

10%?? Last time I tried, they only beat the competitor by $1.00... I still rely on them, I live 90 miles from their Ohio store and everything gets here overnight. Always go to Google shopping with part numbers for competitive pricing.

Call them out on that.

Their business practice always has been "We'll beat the competition by 10%". You need to watch their sales staff, the lazy ones will screw you.

My last pair of wheels & tires started out at $1500.00. When I got done with them it cost me around $850.00 with free mounting & balancing and cheap shipping.

[This message has been edited by Thunderstruck GT (edited 03-01-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2016 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

It would be nice if they knew and said what it fit. Its getting to where many actually even say the wrong thing.
I will usually do leg work to verify even if it claims it will fit.

He doesn't want to do the leg work to do it, but if I call GM, get the wrong info (for example) he still gets to stand by the " I didn't know" and can charge you to return the item back to him.

Its a shady way to do business.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2016 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by busa_powered:
He doesn't want to do the leg work to do it, but if I call GM, get the wrong info (for example) he still gets to stand by the " I didn't know" and can charge you to return the item back to him.

Its a shady way to do business.

I looked online and the GM sites are not giving specifics on the part. I had to look it up using 22P book. Now, maybe a GM dealer will work with someone if they have a question about a few parts, but if there are a bunch, I bet they would tell you they are not able to assist.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock