Jim Sutter / IRM 140 mph speedometer conversion by RyanFromMichigan
Started on: 02-20-2016 08:42 PM
Replies: 7 (607 views)
Last post by: hyperv6 on 03-06-2016 12:33 PM
RyanFromMichigan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2016 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RyanFromMichiganSend a Private Message to RyanFromMichiganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 1985 GT was lucky enough to have IRM's 140 mph speedometer conversion when I purchased the car back in 99. These conversions used the 140 km/h speedos and were altered by IRM to change the reading from km/h to mph but they just used a pegasus sticker to hide the original km/h label. My sticker was barely hanging on until it got scraped off by the speedo needle a couple years ago... and now I'm in search of a sticker to restore the original look of the gauge face.

I lost the sticker after it fell off unfortunately but at least there is a record of what it should look like. Here's a picture of the 140 mph speedo and the missing sticker from the from the 1985 PPG Fiero:

The picture is from the article written about the PPG car a while ago:
http://www.hotrod.com/cars/...-1985-ppg-fiero-gtp/

This is probably a long shot, but does anyone have any suggestions for a source for a replacement sticker?

Cheers,
RyanFromMichigan
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2016 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No long shot at all, get a hold of Safastro on here. The reason that I recommend him over anyone else is because he has the ability to print a decal, much like you see on vehicle wraps, rather than just cut a solid color vinyl decal. He can print a black and white decal for you.

See this thread to contact him:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...4/HTML/040445-1.html

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 02-20-2016).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2016 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If that does not work out, let me know. I send stickers exactly like that for free with each reproduction sticker kit that I sell. I use the extra space in the material that I use to make the Fiero reproduction stickers. I just toss a couple of them in with orders, for people to use on their phones, tool boxes or whatever.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 02-21-2016).]

RyanFromMichigan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2016 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RyanFromMichiganSend a Private Message to RyanFromMichiganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Email sent to Safastro and PM sent to John.

Thanks,
RyanFromMichigan
RyanFromMichigan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2016 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RyanFromMichiganSend a Private Message to RyanFromMichiganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Big thanks to JohnWPB, he was able to make exactly what I needed!

Cheers,
RyanFromMichigan
hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2016 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I have the FOCOA Speed O upgrade to 200 MPH. [Never know when you may fall off a cliff LOL!}

My decal was getting all messed up and I had one of my advertising graphic buddy make a copy of it for me. I did have the old one so he scanned it and cleaned it up.

One thing he did recommend and do for me is to print it on a very good paper stock. It is almost like thin poster board. He said it would not fade and would not fail like the deal will. The lighting is reflected so it still lights up as it should and some really good double sided tape has not failed for years in all sorts of weather conditions. He said if we did it in a sticker it would just fail again on me.

The neat thing too was he added my last name to the dials like where many old Ferrari's say Smiths he put my last name that starts with an S. I never though of it but I put it in and like it. Unless you have an 88 dash I would consider the card stock as a choice of material. It has worked for me much better than the original. I went though two plastic decals vs. one card stock.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2016 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I'm guessing these stickers only work on the front lit gauges?
hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2016 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

So I'm guessing these stickers only work on the front lit gauges?

Yes no back lit here.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock