Who wants a RUST FREE 88 frame? by Napoleon_Tanerite
Started on: 02-16-2016 07:34 PM
Replies: 32 (1119 views)
Last post by: Thunderstruck GT on 04-02-2016 11:10 AM
Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2016 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm getting close to finished on stripping down my 88 parts car. Aside from some surface rust on things like the mufflers and such, there is NO RUST on this car at all. I have no use for the frame as my 87 is also totally rust free. With all the Fieros out there dying from cancer, it would be a shame for me to scrap this frame and would LOVE to get it in the hands of someone who could potentially revive their car with it. My concern is logistics. It won't have the front or rear cradle, so won't roll aside from maybe putting it on some sort of dolly. I would be willing to sell it for scrap value, but whomever buys it would have to figure out how to get it to them. Let me know if anyone is interested in saving this car. Located in Columbus, MS
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2016 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For all the rotted ones out there, I can't believe you haven't had 1 post on here yet.
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2016 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know! I understand it would be a lot of work to transplant basically a whole car over to the new frame, but it could mean the difference between scrapping a good car or not. Once I finish stripping it I will have not use for the frame, but would prefer not to sell it for scrap.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2016 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The real difficulty is transporting the chassis. If I was nearby, I wouldn't hesitate.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2016 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

The real difficulty is transporting the chassis. If I was nearby, I wouldn't hesitate.

I kinda mentioned that before in another thread................

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

Shipping would be a royal P.I.T.A.

It can be done but no one would pay the cost.

It's a shame but sometimes you just got to walk away.

Although you could sell cut-off pieces to someone that wants to repair what they have vs. replace the whole space frame.

I'd take a chance on Ebay. It's worth a shot and something is better than nothing. Hell, I've seen inner panels sell on there in the past.
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2016 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try listing on uShip.Com
Some times private haulers who don't have a load back will do it for fuel cost
I'm referring to guys with pickup and trailer
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2016 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Quad GT:

Try listing on uShip.Com
Some times private haulers who don't have a load back will do it for fuel cost
I'm referring to guys with pickup and trailer

LOL!

Yeah, just beware of guys like this clown from Shipping Wars......

lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2016 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Send it out for 3D scanning!
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2016 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have a clear title?
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2016 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Do you have a clear title?

Why?

You transfer your VIN tag.

I know I wouldn't sell it with a tag and/or a title. You never know what it could get used for. Hell, I sure as hell would hate to see my car tooling down the road when I know (or thought) it was sitting in the shop.
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2016 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

I know I wouldn't sell it with a tag and/or a title. You never know what it could get used for. Hell, I sure as hell would hate to see my car tooling down the road when I know (or thought) it was sitting in the shop.

So this may be the issue as to why people don't buy more frames. It's not a replacement for your rusted Fero if the VIN is no good. Transferring the VIN is illegal. It is technically still 'the car' according to state law.....and when it is complete, the VIN registered is the new one on the good frame, not the old one on the rusted frame. What's your concern about seeing your car going down the road? It takes some time to strip a car and put it on another frame.
PFF
System Bot
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2016 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

So this may be the issue as to why people don't buy more frames. It's not a replacement for your rusted Fero if the VIN is no good. Transferring the VIN is illegal. It is technically still 'the car' according to state law.....and when it is complete, the VIN registered is the new one on the good frame, not the old one on the rusted frame. What's your concern about seeing your car going down the road? It takes some time to strip a car and put it on another frame.

VIN tags get replaced on a daily basis when a vehicle gets wrecked.

I vehicle that takes a hit to the hinge pillar area hard enough that it requires a uni-side, instrument panel structure and/or cowl section replaced will have the VIN tag R&R'd for repair.

If Pontiac offered a complete space-frame (which I have seen) for a proper repair of a Fiero when new, the VIN tag would need to be transfered.

Also, VIN's fall under Federal, not state. A state can only issue an "assigned VIN" for a lost VIN or a homebuilt vehicle.

[This message has been edited by Thunderstruck GT (edited 02-17-2016).]

Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2016 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

I bought the car outright on a bill of sale, which lists the VIN. The PO says he has the title "somewhere". I wasn't originally concerned about it since I was planning on scrapping the car, but now I'm pinging him trying to get that title. If I find someone who wants the frame I will become more aggressive about getting that title. The carfax does come up clean though. VIN is 1G2PE11R1JP207447
fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2016 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey ! You still got that 88 frame ? I got an 88 Formula that can use some new solid support. You can reach me at steelpedal@gmail.com if you do
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2016 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got a tentative deal worked for the frame. I will know more in a few weeks. If this thing falls through I'll let you know.
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2016 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump. The guy who was looking at this car backed out, so it's back up for grabs and I want it gone. I have a CLEAN (non salvage) title in hand.

Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2016 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Napoleon_Tanerite

683 posts
Member since Sep 2015
Still has a rust free fuel tank in it too. At least the outside is rust free, I can NOT speak for the contents of the tank.
Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All these FREE rust-free 88's are killin me!

I'd grab this if logisics made sense..

Bump for a great opportunity!
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2016 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I've decided I'm willing to do partial shipping myself. What that means is that I will drive to deliver it, up to 300 miles or so from Columbus MS. Major cities along the boundary are Memphis, Nashville, the AL/GA state line, the MS river-- I may be willing to go as far west as Monroe, LA, and Gulfport on the gulf coast.

Transport rate:

25 cents per mile for the first 100 miles
35 cents per mile for the next 100 miles
45 cents per mile for additional miles

Mileage will be billed as ROUND TRIP, calculated using Google maps. That means if Google Maps says I need to drive 150 miles to the meet, I will charge for the 300 mile round trip for a total of $105, plus the $100 that I want to get for the frame. I really don't want to scrap this frame and am willing to do what I can to get it to someone who can use it.
Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2016 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good job, my man.. Hope someone jumps on this.. One more saved, hopefully!!
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2016 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump. It's going to the scrapper at the end of the month if nobody is interested by then.
PFF
System Bot
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2016 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last bump. It's going to the scrapper friday if I don't hear from anyone.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2016 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You never got a taker for this?
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2016 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately no. It's going to kill me to scrap it, but I can't sit on it forever. I was really hoping when I offered to deliver that someone would take me up. I'd gladly drive to Nashville, and that's easily halfway to most IN, IL, and OH guys.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2016 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey NT, have you tried Evil Bay? > http://www.ebay.com/itm/198...AOSwZ8ZW22KP&vxp=mtr
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2016 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If we were already moved, I'd take this in a hot minute. Don't have any place to keep it, now.

Of course, that doesn't do you a bit of good.
GLWS.
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2016 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I had room for two in my garage... hope someone takes it!
dskebo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2016 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dskeboSend a Private Message to dskeboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I could pick it up 37 miles into TN at exit 37 on I 65 what would you need to get it there? Total cost?
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2016 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2016 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope it gets taken. Definitely a great starting point for a project! It'd be such a waste to scrap it.
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2016 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SOLD SOLD SOLD!!! Finally a happy ending to a Fiero story, as this one escaped the scrapper. Thanks to dskebo's son for driving down to get it, at night, through my tornado damaged yard.
PFF
System Bot
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2016 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome! Can't wait to see the project progress
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2016 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Napoleon_Tanerite:

SOLD SOLD SOLD!!! Finally a happy ending to a Fiero story, as this one escaped the scrapper. Thanks to dskebo's son for driving down to get it, at night, through my tornado damaged yard.

Cool!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock