Started on: 02-15-2016 09:45 AM
Replies: 37 (825 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 02-23-2016 09:51 PM
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thread has been closed by OP

[This message has been edited by Thunderstruck GT (edited 04-19-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A hint, perhaps? You mean wear/condition items (like the passenger's inner door panel), or equipment issues? Front wheels aren't 88s.

Its the same color as mine so I am biased towards liking it...

[This message has been edited by css9450 (edited 02-15-2016).]

ltlfrari

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In the engine bay picture there's a silver canister on the trunk wall. what is that ?
Also to the right of it above the dogbone there's what looks like a cable operated catch ot something, what's that?

Otherwise, generally I think a nice car (I am partial to Tan interiors), couple of thinks missing but looks ok.
Way over priced though.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlfrari:

In the engine bay picture there's a silver canister on the trunk wall. what is that ?
Also to the right of it above the dogbone there's what looks like a cable operated catch ot something, what's that?

Alarm. Its vintage 1980s!

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The front wheels appear to be 7", rather than the 6" specific to the 88....
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

C'mon guys, this is suppose to be a "Fiero" forum and this seller is claiming a clean 3700 mile '88.

Whatever, man. Why don't you tell us instead?

I'd like to spend my time at the office cruising Ebay but I'm on the clock.

pcgold

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those are 88 wheels (you can tell by the placement of the valve) but, as said above, they are the same size.

No light in trunk.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
0 sales from the seller who just joined EBAY, makes me suspicious that is may be a scam sale.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

0 sales from the seller who just joined EBAY, makes me suspicious that is may be a scam sale.

Maybe that explains why it says "factory sunroof" when it appears there is none...

PFF
System Bot
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are the things I found as discrepancies:

No sunroof or sunroof holder in front bay
Aftermarket floor mats - maybe installed to protect factory originals
Correct 88 wheels but appears both rears are on driver's side. Would need to see passenger side pic to confirm
Goodyear GT were factory tires not GT+4 if I recall.
Maybe plug wires were replaced
And has a Chapman Alarm system installed, which I think that large silver thing belongs to in the engine bay.

But that's all I can find...can't verify the validity of the sub enclosure since there are no pics of the stereo or surround sound switching.

Other than the sunroof mistake I don't see "So much is wrong" to doubt it isn't an original car.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curtisk1060

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Curtisk1060Send a Private Message to Curtisk1060Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to wonder if the car had a repaint as the shine is not that good for such a low mileage "original" vehicle. It appears to have some orange peel compared to other low mileage cars I have seen. It would be worth it for someone to inspect it first-hand to be sure.
ltlfrari

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More info here http://www.usacarads.com/de...hQaXQIQQXZUZZfa.html

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You "don't see" so much wrong?

Here's a hint to those that asked......

Is it the particular color of the underside of the hood? I've seen lots that are that color, for some reason especially on 88s.

I'm tired of your game "spot the defect that only I can see". This kind of thread makes me wonder why I even come here any more.

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I good indicator that this car was hit is in this photo (there are others though)........

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

The old hood strut?

Originally posted by css9450:

I'm tired of your game "spot the defect that only I can see". This kind of thread makes me wonder why I even come here any more.

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You guys were getting me worried. I found this ^ ^ ^ a split second after opening up the listing.

I found quite a bit more in less time than it takes me to cover the 1/4 mile in one of my cars.

C'mon guys, this is suppose to be a "Fiero" forum and this seller is claiming a clean 3700 mile '88.

Not only are they 7" wheels all around, all 4 wheels are 88 vintage, so it's not a set from a pre-88 that have been painted black.

Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You "don't see" so much wrong?

I good indicator that this car was hit is in this photo (there are others though)........

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Well, headlight motor wiring harness is not secured in factory position and the headlight bulbs are not orig(no blue paint on them)
Driver seat hinge cover is broken, too.. But that is most likely from some lard-ass flopping into the seat.. Nothing to do with mileage..

The descrip of the sunroof but not having one is a red flag..

The trunk light was prob removed to keep the batt from going dead.(very easy to lock out the switch)

I'm guessing the two front rims are on the pasaenger side...
-edit.. Air dam under nose looks wonky....

[This message has been edited by Indyellowgt (edited 02-15-2016).]

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On the plus side (lends to the credibility of an original low mileage car) is the presence of the recall weather-strip.

But for such a low mileage car why is the plastic triangular cap that fits over the dog bone mounting nut missing?

I wouldn't expect that kind of wear on the parking brake boot.

There is a crack on the dash cluster rear cover Lower left corner. That can't be good... Impact damage?

And hey, what's with the Chevy bowtie on the rear plate location?

[This message has been edited by Rsvl-Rider (edited 02-15-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

More info here http://www.usacarads.com/de...hQaXQIQQXZUZZfa.html

1988 Pontiac Fiero GT Red Metallic 5spd 3761 miles

This car was originally purchased in Florida by a Doctor. It should have had the gold powdered wheels but GM said they where out of them and would not order any more. He owned the car for about 3 weeks. According to what I was told. He couldn't get his golf clubs in it. The car was purchased by Randy who took the car to Green Bay. He retired and moved out of state. He left the car with his friend Gary Herlache. Gary was a used car dealer. I bought the car through Gary from Randy. The car was trailer-ed to Detroit where I live. I have owned the car for about 5 years. It has been storage for almost the entire time. I may have drove the car for maybe 400 miles. I was hit by a car in 2009 which is why I did not drive it much. I purchased a house last year and took the car out of storage in March of this year. My house does not have a garage. I decided this car is way to nice to have go through a winter outside. This is the only reason why I am selling it. As I stated above the car had some paint chips which are touched up. I am sure if you went over the car you may find a scratch some where or some paint imperfection. The quarter lights do have some very very fine scratches which may have occurred by rubbing to hard when cleaning them. What I am trying to say. The car isn't straight out of the showroom but it is as nice and clean as any car you will find. I am not trying to sell the car by over stating it's condition. I am trying to give an honest view. To the best of my knowledg...

VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rsvl-Rider:

But for such a low mileage car why is the plastic triangular cap that fits over the dog bone mounting nut missing?

The 88's didn't get them

Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VikingRedBaron:
The 88's didn't get them

My 88 GT has one, but I guess it must have been installed by some previous owner.

--- But come to think of it --- I think mine has a metal triangle held on by two countersink allen screws. Like a klutz I dropped one screw inside the engine bay and tossed the cover in my parts box.
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There is a crack on the dash cluster rear cover Lower left corner. That can't be good... Impact damage?

Are you sure that isn't just a shadow that continues across the top?

There are a lot of reflections and shadows in the pics from the sun...

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by David Hambleton:

Are you sure that isn't just a shadow that continues across the top?

There are a lot of reflections and shadows in the pics from the sun...

I don't mean the obvious angled shadow on the left side of the dash cluster, but a few inches below that. You gotta zoom in real close to see the crack, but once you do it seems obvious. At least to me.

[This message has been edited by Rsvl-Rider (edited 02-15-2016).]

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't mean the obvious angled shadow on the left side of the dash cluster, but a few inches below that. You gotta zoom in real close to see the crack, but once you do it seems obvious. At least to me.

That's actually the joint between the upper & lower parts and the surround part towards the steering wheel.
It's the same on my '84 SE, '86 coupe & Formula.

The wrinkly door carpet is kind of odd...

[This message has been edited by David Hambleton (edited 02-15-2016).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Good eye, but I don't believe that's a crack. I suspect that's where the bottom piece of the dash cluster butts up against the top part.

EDIT: David's post wasn't there when I started this.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 02-15-2016).]

Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Good eye, but I don't believe that's a crack. I suspect that's where the bottom piece of the dash cluster butts up against the top part.

EDIT: David's post wasn't there when I started this.

Yep, I stand corrected. I guess I got caught up in the "Where's Waldo" game.

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2016 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still like to know what is all wrong with the car.

Yes obviously has the wrong rims on the front and has been in a collision (a collision could happen as soon as you drive the car off a lot).

But nothing else is really jumping out at me other then the aftermarket stuff added - which is not a big deal either as I know people that have bought a new vehicle and added aftermarket stuff to is right away, hell I even bought new floor mats when I bought my new Jeep GC and put the OEM away. But that is more because I wanted all weather mats vs the OEM carpet ones...
PFF
System Bot
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2016 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...Also to the right of it above the dogbone there's what looks like a cable operated catch ot something, what's that?....

Has anyone figured out what that cable thingie would be for ?

sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2016 04:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The cable does not really make any sense at all....
What is wrong, besides what has been stated, the ugly ass brown interior. I just can't stand the brown interiors. Brown only looks good in something like a Lotus with all leather wrapped panels, but still not that good....
88's really do have bad interiors, cheap vinyl map pockets, with a, oh wow, a stamp, no stitching, no "Fiero" on the door sill, no speakers in the head rest, not fond of the seats, early year GT seats look SOOO much better. GM really cheeped out on the 88s inside.

[This message has been edited by sardonyx247 (edited 02-17-2016).]

edfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2016 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

I have seen something like this before. It is possibly a HOOD LOCK. There is usually a lock mechanism in the car under the dash, which requires a key to open the hood or in our case Trunk. It makes sense on a regular car with a non-locking hood from the factory, but in a Fiero where the engine is already locked, it seems like overkill - if that is what is.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post02-17-2016 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

It's an old security system with a hood lock. My 87 GT had the exact same thing on it when I bought it.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2016 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have seen 88s were the front rims were on one side and the rear on the other
GTMN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2016 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTMNSend a Private Message to GTMNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You guys are slipping, no one has noticed that the spring on the cowl that the hood falls down on is missing. It was one of the first flaws I caught.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2016 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTMN:

...no one has noticed that the spring on the cowl that the hood falls down on is missing.

Well damn, and here I was prepared to pay the full asking price... $19,900.00(USD). Now there's no way!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock