Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Found an 88 GT with 6800 original miles. Now I just need to find a mechanic.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Found an 88 GT with 6800 original miles. Now I just need to find a mechanic. by Kawman1516
Started on: 02-09-2016 11:24 PM
Replies: 6 (464 views)
Last post by: J-Holland on 02-11-2016 08:09 AM
Kawman1516

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2016 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kawman1516Send a Private Message to Kawman1516Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone know of a good mechanic that knows Fiero in the North Texas area?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2016 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Need more details

Need pictures

Welcome aboard
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2016 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kawman1516:

Anyone know of a good mechanic that knows Fiero in the North Texas area?

Stephen aka MstangsBware on here
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2016 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm a long way from Texas so I can't provide names, but you might visit old car shows and ask owners for recommendations.
A good choice is frequently the guy you see in the mirror... there's a saying: "Buy a Fiero, become a mechanic!"
Armed with a factory service manual and patience, you might get hooked on the 'do it yourself' method.
It never hurts to be able to look after some of the basic issues that arise, & lots of PFF help is only a post away.
Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2016 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do it yourself. I knew how to change oil and brake pads before I bought my Fiero. Now I'm not even scared of an engine swap. YouTube is your friend. YouTube is no kidding like that scene from The Matrix where they're uploading kung FU into Keanu Reeve's head.... Start with not knowing anything about the job, watch a few videos on YouTube and you're ready to give it a shot. The best part is the more you do, the more you learn. The more you learn, the easier it is to figure out the next job.
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2016 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also might want to contact Blake (President of North Texas Fiero Club) aka blakeinspace on here. He has a guy in Granbury that worked on his Fiero when he's to lazy to do the work himself.

Come to the club meeting on the 4th Saturday of each month.
Details here: www.northtexasfieroclub.org
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2016 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
By all means, Contact Blake and if you are free on the 26th of March, hook up with the gang out of North Texas for the 2016 Spring Fling. Us boys from OKC might have our mechanic, Tom Meyers, with us.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock