Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Anyone in Montgomery, Alabama area want to get together for dinner Saturday 02/13

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Anyone in Montgomery, Alabama area want to get together for dinner Saturday 02/13 by JohnWPB
Started on: 02-08-2016 12:29 AM
Replies: 10 (229 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 02-15-2016 12:00 AM
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2016 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
(EDIT: Looks like I will be in the Atlanta area on Saturday instead, read 2nd and 3rd post)

I am gonna be taking a little road trip to pick up a 3800SC engine this weekend. I will be in Montgomery around noon, and staying over night in a hotel before heading back Sunday morning. I figured Saturday evening would be a nice chance to possibly meet up with a few Fiero folks while I am there. I have never been to Montgomery, so suggestions are welcome! As far as restaurants, something unique / regional would be great, (AKA Non Franchise) I can eat at a Friday's, Chili's Long Horn ect. here in Florida

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 02-08-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2016 05:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You ought to come to our club meeting! Galaxy Diner in Chamblee GA. They cater to the car crowd, and clubs.
http://www.galaxydineratlanta.com/

It may not work with your schedule, however. Google maps puts the trip at ~3 hours. Our meeting starts at 1:30.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2016 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When is your club meeting, THIS Saturday, that's awesome! How many usually turn out? I was gonna grab the engine early Saturday morning, and just stay overnight in Alabama.

A couple hour drive over to Atlanta sounds like a lot more fun getting to attend your monthly meeting, eat, and a car show to boot!

Can you give me any more specifics, where is the meeting, the diner I can GPS, and is the car show at the diner?

Anyone recommend a decent place to stay around $100 for the night in the Atlanta area? I know there are good and bad areas, just like everywhere else. I will however have an engine strapped to an open trailer, and would love for it to still be there when I get up in the morning

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 02-08-2016).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2016 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The club meeting is at 1:30 PM EST. This Saturday.
(Keep in mind that Montgomery is on CST time. You'll be an hour behind us. The state line is the changeover.)
The address is 3320 Henderson Mill Rd., Chamblee, GA 30341
It's JUST east of the 285/85 merge, on the northeast side of town.

There is no car show this weekend. Usually just whatever Fieros show up. (Many of us drive "commuters, and etc" to the meetings.)
The food is quite good, and varied, however. Breakfast is available 24 hours, too. Beer is served, too. (Yes, you can have beer with your scrambled eggs, if that suits you. )

With that said, I don't know anywhere near Atlanta that I'd leave an engine on a trailer, overnight.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 02-08-2016).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2016 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are usually 6-12 people at monthly meetings. Whether you approach from I-85 or I-285, you exit at Chamblee Tucker Road.

What direction are you headed afterward? Maybe you could drop the trailer with a club member while you get a hotel room for the night.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2016 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I am pushing to try to make it to join you all for lunch. I am leaving here in a half hour, to make it to Montgomery EARLY, and have time for the 3 hour drive, and 1 hour time difference to make it to Atlanta.

Could someone that's going to be at the meet, text me their Phone Number, so if I have any problems finding you guys, I can call someone? Text me at 56| 236 702 four/ Thanks!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 02-12-2016).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2016 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Made it to Montgomery at )M and picked up the engine. Enroute to Atlanta, and will be around 2 hours early, so gonna look for a hotel.

See everyone in a couple hours!
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2016 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John, good to see you again and thanks for coming by to join us. Sorry I couldn't hang around afterward, but the zipper was starting to hurt. Looked for you to say Goodbye, but didn't see you around the lot anywhere.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2016 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John... Good to see you and Terry. Give a shout/post when y'all get in and get settled. That's a long freaking drive.
Thanks for stopping in! Jeez... we were only three hours (one way) out of the way.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2016 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was nice to meet everyone! We stayed in Forsyth last night, and headed out around 8am. We are just passing Macon now. With stop for gas, food, and walking the dogs, looking to be back home around 6pm.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw your post in your project thread and see you made it back home safely (with only 1 crash so to speak). At least I hope the motel mattress was nice and soft.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock