Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Another day.....another Fiero! Just bought an 88 GT!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Another day.....another Fiero! Just bought an 88 GT! by FastOwen2XLL
Started on: 02-07-2016 12:31 AM
Replies: 15 (402 views)
Last post by: Thunderstruck GT on 02-09-2016 07:39 PM
FastOwen2XLL

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2016 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastOwen2XLLSend a Private Message to FastOwen2XLLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Too many Fieros? Is there such a thing? To complement my 85 GT project and 87 SE parts car, ran across a deal on this halted engine swap project and couldn't help myself.

I think the GF thinks I need an intervention, but it is kind of her fault. We were discussing my Fiero plans when she said "....build the car you want, babe." Since I really wanted an 88 GT when i started my search years ago, well that's all the green light I needed.

Stored at a buddies shop, this cradle-less suspension-less GT sat for 3 years while the former owner procrastinated. On the verge of being parted and scrapped, I realized I might be her last hope!

Finding a good use for two old scrap truck tires.....

After 2 1/2 hours work....ready to go to my secret Fiero storage facility for a few months.....

Beechwood goodness.....

Near perfect seats!

Other positives include excellent tails, NEW sails, one of the cleanest, rust free underbodies you will find in an Ohio car, and 115k miles!

Initial thoughts are: 3.4 DOHC swap, 5 speed conversion courtesy of my 87 SE parts car, mild lowering, 17" wheels w/ some gold on them similar to OEM style, and of course RED, bright or dark undecided!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2016 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good job saving another 88GT.

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

Stubby79

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2016 05:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
88 GT =

Another red Fiero?
vette7584

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2016 06:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vette7584Send a Private Message to vette7584Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice looking interior! is that a 75 corvette i see in the background?
FastOwen2XLL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2016 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastOwen2XLLSend a Private Message to FastOwen2XLLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Stubby, maybe black with gold wheels? Kind of a Bandit Edition Fiero? Might even consider a dark blue. I guess the posibilities are endless. But you are correct, there are a bunch of red Fieros out there.

As for the Corvette, not sure of the year. It belongs to the friend of the previous owner where the Fiero was stored. I know he said it was his car from high school. Must be nice to have a Corvette in high school! Though I did have a 360 Duster!
88FieroGT TTops

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2016 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroGT TTopsSend a Private Message to 88FieroGT TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I notice no spoiler---mine has no spoiler and is RED too. I can't find the thread but it said there were around 40 red fieros with spoiler delete option---like the gold wheels

------------------
Pat Jones

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2016 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FastOwen2XLL:

WoW!

I knew the 88's had a better suspension but a 3 wheel version?!?!
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2016 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm. I already did a reverse bandit Fiero: gold with black on an '86 SE. Mine had a 4.9, and BANDIT lettering on the lower door panels.
FastOwen2XLL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2016 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastOwen2XLLSend a Private Message to FastOwen2XLLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thunderstruck, how about an electric three wheel version with the motor and wheel mounted on a ring gear with 180 degree rotation? Imagine the turning radius! LOL!

Anything is possible, a local vocational school joined two Civic front halves together for an AWD, AWS, twin motor parade car!

In all seriousness tho, when my 87 SE has donated all the parts I need, any ideas what to do with the Title-less chassis? Other than cutting it up for scrap, or a buggy project, I can't really think of anything.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2016 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88FieroGT TTops:

I notice no spoiler---mine has no spoiler and is RED too. I can't find the thread but it said there were around 40 red fieros with spoiler delete option---like the gold wheels

Spoiler delete wasn't an option, since the spoiler was optional on the GT. A GT with no options would have no wing. For some reason it (wingless) seems more common on the 88s than 86-87.

At this late date however, I'd speculate that most wingless GTs are wingless because someone took the spoiler off.

[This message has been edited by css9450 (edited 02-09-2016).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2016 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Too many Fieros? Is there such a thing?

I think the GF thinks I need an intervention...

Heh heh, I know the feeling. There is a simple solution... dump the girlfriend.
PFF
System Bot
FastOwen2XLL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2016 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastOwen2XLLSend a Private Message to FastOwen2XLLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Indeed, my GT has a spoiler and a sunroof like the majority of GTs. The previous owner removed it for painting. The majority of the body has been sanded and is not too far from being ready for primer.

I would guess an original, solid roof, spoiler-less GT would be a rare thing for sure!
FastOwen2XLL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2016 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastOwen2XLLSend a Private Message to FastOwen2XLLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FastOwen2XLL

82 posts
Member since Jul 2015
There's something to be said about the clean. sleek look of a spoiler-less GT tho....

I imagine many a Fiero fan has used this pic for wallpaper found here, about halfway down the page: http://www.stylepinner.com/fiero/Zmllcm8/

Does anybody know if the owner is a forum member?

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2016 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There's something to be said about the clean. sleek look of a spoiler-less GT tho....

I don't know..... I always felt mine was naked.

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2016 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:
I don't know..... I always felt mine was naked.

That's a beautiful Fiero.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2016 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock