Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Has anyone used TFS strut tower brace along with Rodney's duel deck strut kit?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Has anyone used TFS strut tower brace along with Rodney's duel deck strut kit? by JCircs
Started on: 02-03-2016 05:37 PM
Replies: 8 (476 views)
Last post by: Fie Ro on 02-13-2016 06:28 AM
JCircs

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2016 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just curious to see how you made it work.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2016 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You may expand that to include the strut tower braces from WCF.

Just so you know, it was claimed in other threads that these braces are cosmetic only, probably because of the oroximity of the the box brace that forms the trunk wall. If you cut out the trunk, or your frame is badly rusted, you may see some benefit.
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2016 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't need to include WCF brace because I own a Fiero Store brace, I'm aware it's strictly cosmetic in my aplication. I have the Rodney double strut deck lid kit and TFS strut brace, does anyone have pictures of this combo? With all the custom modifications I've already done I don't think this will be to difficult but I'd like to see what others have done. Thanks
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2016 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i don't have the TFS or WCF strut brace, but this is what I did. Had to modify the pass side to clear the fuel rail cover.

Rob

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 02-12-2016).]

davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2016 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is one of the best LS swaps I ever set my eyes on. As to the OP, I only used 1 deck strut on the drivers side and its worked fine. Rodney try's to set you up with what you need our what your trying to achieve, good product overall.

[This message has been edited by davylong86 (edited 02-12-2016).]

JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2016 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes Rob that is a sweet looking LS swap!! That looks like the Dayrel Morse strut brace the way it sits behind the deck struts. TFS strut brace actually sits in front of them. I also have the duel deck strut kit installed, I'm sure I'll figure it out. [IMG]http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff510/Jerry_Circs/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-05/B5D3D46A-BFAB-4AA7-8D8B-FAF028C93898_1.jpg [/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff510/Jerry_Circs/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-05/B5D3D46A-BFAB-4AA7-8D8B-FAF028C93898.jpg[/IM G]

[This message has been edited by JCircs (edited 02-12-2016).]

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2016 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is that on top of the strut threads?
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2016 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by davylong86:

That is one of the best LS swaps I ever set my eyes on. As to the OP, I only used 1 deck strut on the drivers side and its worked fine. Rodney try's to set you up with what you need our what your trying to achieve, good product overall.

Depends a little on what is on your decklid. If you have a raised spoiler you might need the extra lift from the second strut..
Fie Ro

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2016 06:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

What is that on top of the strut threads?

On top of the strut itself ? That looks like a dustboot ?! Nice idea, I tried that just 5 minutes ago as I have some leftover boots

seems to work

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock