Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Android Users Can Now Celebrate! A Game With A Drivable Fiero!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Android Users Can Now Celebrate! A Game With A Drivable Fiero! by 8bit88
Started on: 02-03-2016 02:45 PM
Replies: 10 (344 views)
Last post by: Napoleon_Tanerite on 02-06-2016 09:19 AM
8bit88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2016 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8bit88Send a Private Message to 8bit88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, browsing the Google Play Store I come across this game "Streets Unlimited 3D". If you've ever played " Traffic Racer the game is similar. However, I went to check out the garage to see the available cars. The first car in the Sports tier is the "Spacer" and is undoubtedly an 86-87 GT. Of course the Pontiac logos have been scrubbed, the wheels, sails, and tail lights are a bit off, but it is still recognizable.
The car costs around 40,000 credits, but I paid the dollar to get it right away. The game is free, and pretty fun, especially free roam to just drive around. Customization is apparently nonexistent, but the game is in a very early version still. Below is the link to the app in the Play Store. I've got no idea whether or not this is available for iOS devices. I'll try to put up a screenshot shortly.
Streets Unlimited 3D
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
8bit88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2016 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8bit88Send a Private Message to 8bit88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2016 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, great find! Im downloading it now as we speak.

How can some of you tell the difference between an 86-87 GT vs an 88 GT?

I've had a few people know exactly the year of my car, tho they all look the same for me. Unless of course you look under the hood, or a headlight is stuck open (mostly on pre 87 models.)

Any hints to be able to tell the difference?
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2016 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
88 rocker panel paint is body color.....
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2016 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

88 rocker panel paint is body color.....

It is on my 87 too....

------------------
Tim
'87 GT
Med Red Metallic
85K miles
Bay City, MI

8bit88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2016 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8bit88Send a Private Message to 8bit88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From the factory, the 88 GT was the only model year that was entirely body color. It's pretty common (either to save money on a respray or to give the look of an 88) to change the color of the side skirts and molding to the body color, so its not uncommon that 25-30 years from new your Fiero would be entirely body color.
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2016 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 8bit88:

From the factory, the 88 GT was the only model year that was entirely body color. It's pretty common (either to save money on a respray or to give the look of an 88) to change the color of the side skirts and molding to the body color, so its not uncommon that 25-30 years from new your Fiero would be entirely body color.

I know - that's exactly what I did. - I really didn't care for the grey/maroon paint scheme.

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2016 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 8bit88:

So, browsing the Google Play Store I come across this game "Streets Unlimited 3D". If you've ever played " Traffic Racer the game is similar. However, I went to check out the garage to see the available cars. The first car in the Sports tier is the "Spacer" and is undoubtedly an 86-87 GT. Of course the Pontiac logos have been scrubbed, the wheels, sails, and tail lights are a bit off, but it is still recognizable.
The car costs around 40,000 credits, but I paid the dollar to get it right away. The game is free, and pretty fun, especially free roam to just drive around. Customization is apparently nonexistent, but the game is in a very early version still. Below is the link to the app in the Play Store. I've got no idea whether or not this is available for iOS devices. I'll try to put up a screenshot shortly.
Streets Unlimited 3D

Very cool - thanks for the head's up!

zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2016 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I tried playing the game, and just couldn't get into it. I didn't think the dollar for the Fiero was gonna help me enjoy the game.

The camera angle keeps like diving down, so I can't see what is in front of me. The physics aren't bad tho.
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2016 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zzzhuh:

Wow, great find! Im downloading it now as we speak.

How can some of you tell the difference between an 86-87 GT vs an 88 GT?

I've had a few people know exactly the year of my car, tho they all look the same for me. Unless of course you look under the hood, or a headlight is stuck open (mostly on pre 87 models.)

Any hints to be able to tell the difference?

With out opening the hood, 88 are soild body color, except if it is black or silver, could be 86-87, then look under the back, if you see an ebrake cable 86-87, if not an 88, then look inside if it is a 4 speed 86, 5 speed 86-87, if the map pockets are vinal with a Fiero logo stamp 88, if the dash panels are dot matrix 88, if you can pop the hood or trunk 2 nd gen headlights 87-88 or the fiero engraved intake 87-88, then the brake cable tells that difference, 88s are easy to tell, if you look under the car at the gas tank, the seam low 87-88, up high 86, this is all not counting the VIN, ifs its blue 87 if its yellow 88,

Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2016 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With the wheels off 88s are easy to spot-- I look for the tri link rear suspension. Vented brakes are another dead giveaway, but can be difficult to spot in pictures.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock