Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Quarter Windows 87 GT - I need to replace mine - Question ?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Quarter Windows 87 GT - I need to replace mine - Question ? by robert1234
Started on: 01-28-2016 09:11 PM
Replies: 12 (323 views)
Last post by: robert1234 on 01-29-2016 09:33 PM
robert1234

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2016 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robert1234Send a Private Message to robert1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What are the best ones to get? I want close to original as possible. I like those best.
Glass better? Who makes the best ?
I'm sure this has been asked, but I'd like current opinions.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by robert1234 (edited 01-28-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2016 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fastback or notchie?

Glass was original in '84. It breaks better.
robert1234

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2016 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robert1234Send a Private Message to robert1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
87 GT

gtfiero sells some on ebay - are those good?

[This message has been edited by robert1234 (edited 01-28-2016).]

Slammed

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2016 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are flat, with a rolled edge. They are not curved like the originals. Normal people won't notice but Fiero people will
robert1234

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2016 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robert1234Send a Private Message to robert1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, gtfiero on ebay, I don't want those if they are flat.
seq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2016 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seqSend a Private Message to seqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm happy with mine. The "flat" spot is just a barely visible spot in the middle. I don't even notice it unless I try and get a light bouncing off it just right.

Video of my quartar panel before installation

Photo after install:

The only concern I've heard is that they're individually hand made. So I suppose some variation is possible. Some folks are not happy with the windows from him.

I am happy though. So take that for what you want.

------------------
--
Seq

1987 Fiero GT : Information | Gallery

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2016 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by robert1234:

Ok, gtfiero on ebay, I don't want those if they are flat.

Flat and the front edge are secondary concerns, but even Fiero people will notice the improvement over crazed, broken, or missing quarter windows. That having been said, you may want to search this forum for results other buyers have had.
robert1234

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2016 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robert1234Send a Private Message to robert1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks everyone. This really helps.

seq those actually look pretty good. Thanks for the photo link also.

I did a search first, but wanted more recent opinions.
robert1234

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2016 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robert1234Send a Private Message to robert1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

robert1234

461 posts
Member since Oct 2015
gtfiero's actually look very good. So far that's the ones I like.

fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2016 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seq:

I'm happy with mine. The "flat" spot is just a barely visible spot in the middle. I don't even notice it unless I try and get a light bouncing off it just right.

Video of my quartar panel before installation

Photo after install:

The only concern I've heard is that they're individually hand made. So I suppose some variation is possible. Some folks are not happy with the windows from him.

I am happy though. So take that for what you want.

Seq, what vendor did you get your GT windows from?

Your windows have the "GT" emblem in the middle just like the GM originals.
I bought a new pair from The Fiero Warehouse 8 years ago and the GT emblem was
more advanced toward the front, thus not in the correct location. Its really looks off.
I don't really like that, but this is why I'm asking...

I did also notice that the clear GT windows are off, but the tinted windows are in the correct
location by GTfiero vendor on e-bay.

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

lordbg0205

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2016 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lordbg0205Send a Private Message to lordbg0205Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bought my quarter windows from FieroStore, they are Chris cooks windows. I bought from them in case there was figment or damage to them from shipping. Way easier to return to them then go thru eBay hassle. Maybe 10 bucks more for the set
PFF
System Bot
lorennerol

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2016 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got mine from TFS as well. However...I had a set with old tape come off the car and disappear. It's VERY important to do a thorough job of surface prep, use the right tape (and plenty of it) and, I think, run a bead of black silicone along the front/leading edge to prevent air from trying to rip the panels off the car at highway speed.

I only used the tape that came with the panels to augment. I used some super-stick 3M stuff. I bought a roll of both 3M VHB 4959 and 3M VHB 4991. I'd have to go look but I think I ended up using mostly the 4991.

The adhesive remover I used was a paint-safe one. Would have to go dig around the garage to find the brand/number. Let me know if you want it.
robert1234

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2016 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robert1234Send a Private Message to robert1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lorennerol you got PM

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock