Started on: 01-28-2016 11:33 AM
Replies: 11 (683 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 01-30-2016 11:11 PM
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2016 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is Rodney still making the 88 Front Wheel bearings? And if not, where can we get new ones besides good used ones from parts cars.

Just checking as I know he was selling them before.

Thanks,
Amir

------------------

Best 1/4: 11.7 @ 115mph
Best 60ft: 1.60

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
lateFormula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2016 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had contacted Rodney about a month ago to ask about the 88 front bearings that he had made (the roller bearing versions) because I could not find them listed on his website. A few days later he responded to me and told me that he stopped selling them and was working on an improved version.
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2016 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lateFormula:

I had contacted Rodney about a month ago to ask about the 88 front bearings that he had made (the roller bearing versions) because I could not find them listed on his website. A few days later he responded to me and told me that he stopped selling them and was working on an improved version.

That's good news then! Just wanted to have that option. Like knowing I can still get the stuff in the event of an issue.

Thanks man.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2016 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lateFormula:

...he stopped selling them and was working on an improved version.

After reading feedback (such as This) on Rodney's original '88 front hubs, I'm glad to hear he wishes to improve them.
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2016 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:

Is Rodney still making the 88 Front Wheel bearings? And if not, where can we get new ones besides good used ones from parts cars.

Just checking as I know he was selling them before.

Thanks,
Amir

Completely unrelated, but where did you get your rims? They are exactly the kind I am looking for...

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2016 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:

where can we get new ones besides good used ones from parts cars.

Thanks,
Amir

http://www.ebearing.com/rarebearings/fiero.htm

Made in USA
Full 1-year warranty from date of purchase
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2016 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

Made in USA

They're quite inferior to even used stockers. A few laps around a racetrack, and they're done.
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2016 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

They're quite inferior to even used stockers. A few laps around a racetrack, and they're done.

But still are the best of the after market available currently. I agree stock are better, I have been saving all I find.
George P Wood

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2016 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for George P WoodSend a Private Message to George P WoodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To Rodney,

Please keep up the good work.
Never know when E bearing might cease production.
I have 2500 on the ones I purchased from you.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2016 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

Made in USA

Are those the ones which came on the market back about 2005 or 2006? Rodney was selling them for awhile too; that's where I got mine. I installed them in 2009 so they've been on for six years with no issues but I just drive "normal".... No track use. But I did of course save my factory originals as well as a couple other used pairs "just in case".

George P Wood

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2016 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for George P WoodSend a Private Message to George P WoodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought those in 2013 and they are his new design.
The older ones like you have I thought were junk, at least they seemed to be getting lots of bad press.
I think his new design is good (in a previous life I was an engineer) and just needs some tweaks. Maybe just a better grease or better seal.
I trust that he will keep at it until he gets it right.
Then I will probably by another pair.
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2016 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by George P Wood:

I bought those in 2013 and they are his new design.
The older ones like you have I thought were junk...

I don't know how many versions Rodney might've been selling, but it was in November of 2014 that the posts linked to below were reporting problems.

Originally posted by Patrick:

After reading feedback (such as This) on Rodney's original '88 front hubs, I'm glad to hear he wishes to improve them.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock