Spring Fling 2016 by J-Holland
Started on: 01-27-2016 08:36 AM
Replies: 33 (955 views)
Last post by: TXOPIE on 03-25-2016 10:39 AM
J-Holland

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2016 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spring Fling is 2 months away. I'm trying to come up with something interesting but I'm geting a blank. Anyone have any ideas for a fun outing. Currently, it appears that this years activity will be 26 March with 2 April as a fall back position. Jim H
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2016 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So far I've gotten suggestions of Hugo [IMO, this is probably too far for a 1 day event], the dam area on the North side of Lake Texoma where we were 4 years ago and "Magnetic Mountain" off of I-35 by Turner Falls. The wife and I will do some recon this weekend and I will post what we find on Sunday.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2016 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keeping my eyes open on this!

Really enjoyed last years!
I guess it is going to be about time to hand off the Spring Fling Scepter to the next "King of the Spring"!
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2016 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tishomingo, Ok
- once home of Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton
- wildlife refuge nearby
- Fort Washita nearby
- Lake Texoma nearby

J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2016 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tom, I'm thinking about our going back to the restaurant we went to 4 years ago on the north side of the Texoma dam and the wife and I are doing a recon
tomorrow to ensure it is still open. Additionally, I've had one individual off of the North Texas Facebook page suggest a place called "Magnetic" mountain.
It is 10 miles north of Ardmore and approximately 1 mile west of I-35. The wife and I will check that out as well.
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2016 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by J-Holland:

Tom, I'm thinking about our going back to the restaurant we went to 4 years ago on the north side of the Texoma dam and the wife and I are doing a recon
tomorrow to ensure it is still open. Additionally, I've had one individual off of the North Texas Facebook page suggest a place called "Magnetic" mountain.
It is 10 miles north of Ardmore and approximately 1 mile west of I-35. The wife and I will check that out as well.

Not that restaurant again, been there done that! There are so many other places to explore I hope you find something accommodating.
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2016 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will be doing the Fort Washita run this weekend and will be looking for restaurants in Durant at the same time. "Magnetic Mountain" is a bust...unless you want to do a 10 ft. elevation change over maybe 25-30 yards. I wasn't too impressed.
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2016 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spring Fling 2016 will take place in the Durant area on Mar 26. We will be meeting the North Texas Group at the Main Street Barbeque, at 42 West Main, between 1130 and 1200 and after lunch, we will go to Fort Washita to Fling the Spring, see the fort and stretch out and talk cars or what ever trips your trigger
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2016 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking forward to it.
I`m going to try to get a group from Bat City to drive up.
Also, maybe some folks from AAFO either with us or with their group.
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2016 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe we can go back to the boat that was closed off due to the weather last time
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2016 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That could be doable.
PFF
System Bot
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2016 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blake, Can you start getting a feeling for how many bodies we will be having? I'll be doing the same up here.

Jim H
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2016 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be going!
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2016 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want to go, but my work schedule is up in the air right now.....It may be a last minute thing for me (one way or the other).
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2016 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jim, I`ll see if I can get a count from Bat City Fieros in the next couple of days.
Mike
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2016 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Mike.
IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2016 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll try and make it this year. Have been wanting to go for years but have always been overseas or something else has come up.

Will try to drive up with the Austin crew if we can meet somewhere heading North.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2016 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Jim... I had six firm at the meeting, tho I bet our number is closer to a dozen
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2016 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you, Blake.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2016 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Add 1 more...couldn't make it Sat. meeting, but planning on going!
Supracoupe

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2016 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SupracoupeSend a Private Message to SupracoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you need to be a member or such to attend?
PFF
System Bot
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2016 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Supracoupe:

Absolutely NOT!
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2016 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You don't even need to be driving a Fiero.

Where is Ralston? I don't think I've been there before.

If you are on Facebook, Check out Fiero Club Oklahoma and I'll have information on where we'll be meeting up on Saturday AM on the 26th.

Jim H

[This message has been edited by J-Holland (edited 03-01-2016).]

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One week closer!!
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2016 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From Bat City it may only be about 4 - 5 of us.
A couple of us are heading up Friday to stay in Dallas.
Blake, do you have an idea of where you guys are meeting to drive up there?
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2016 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Supracoupe:

Supracoupe,
If you can get to the IHOP at I240 and S. Santa Fe in OKC this Sunday, the 13th at 3:30 PM, we'll be working out where to meet up on the 26th.
A PM is on its way to you with my contact number.

Jim Holland
liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2016 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi, I'm in Longview Texas and am interested in going. I'm not club member though. tI've had my Fiero for five years, but have never gone to any Fiero events even though I've always wanted to. I think it's time I just hunker down and do something. It's it possible for me to go?
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes it is. Contact Blakeinspace or Txopie to find out where they will meet up. I'm guessing it might be in Leonard. Tx on Highway 69.

Jim H.

[This message has been edited by J-Holland (edited 03-13-2016).]

NEVERDONE

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2016 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for good measure! Just a few more days! What's the itinerary? !
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2016 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Our lunch get together is set. Mainstreet Barbeque in Durant is expecting us between 1145 and 1200. Based upon our current start time, we should have 5-7 cars from the OKC area there at 1145. We will leave from there approximately 75-90 minutes after we start eating and go to Fort Washita and we'll see what happens after that. I hope to see those individuals who are able to make the trip and I think this will be a good outing.

Jim Holland
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2016 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone come up with a plan as to where NTFC is meeting for the drive up?
I`m staying in North Dallas but my son is going and he is in Denton so I`m trying to figure out if I`m leaving from N Dallas or Denton.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 03-22-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2016 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

Has anyone come up with a plan as to where NTFC is meeting for the drive up?
I`m staying in North Dallas but my son is going and he is in Denton so I`m trying to figure out if I`m leaving from N Dallas or Denton.

Yes!

For those wanting to caravan with NTFC, we're planning on two meeting points.
  • The first meeting place will be at Northeast Mall (Best Buy parking lot), plan to leave there at 9:00am.
    (a.) Mr. President (Blake) and I will grab a bite to eat at the Taco Cabana on Beach St. and 183 around 8am.
  • We'll be taking the most direct route which includes toll roads, hope that doesn't deter anyone.
  • The second meeting place will be at Hwy 380 & 75 (Shell Station/7-11), plan to leave there at 10:30am
  • From there we'll travel north on 75 to our destination in Durant (11:30am)

Please bring you family service radios, so you can enjoy the radio banter or we'll talk about you.

thanks...

edit: I heard there might be some construction north of 380 on 75, if anyone knows this for a fact and is familiar with the area, and can help up navigate us around the impediment that would be fantastic.

[This message has been edited by Tom Slick (edited 03-24-2016).]

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2016 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Tom.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2016 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With heavy heart...I will not be able to make it this weekend. But yes they are doing serious road work still north of the 380...closer to my exit for the 121 N to Bonham.

Alt. route would be to take the 75 to the 380 east.
380 to Farmersville...where you will catch the 78...161...to the 69

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock