Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  I have been looking and found this one....what are your thoughts?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
I have been looking and found this one....what are your thoughts? by IWantAFormula
Started on: 01-25-2016 06:20 PM
Replies: 11 (428 views)
Last post by: Gall757 on 01-26-2016 09:51 AM
IWantAFormula

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2016 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IWantAFormulaSend a Private Message to IWantAFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have looked for a while and it's been hard to find one this nice. Anyone familiar with this one? Based on the location and the auction mentioned in the ad, I would say this one was at the Mecum auction in Seattle last year. What's the most I should bid?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182...2000792813&viewitem=

Thanks!

Bobby
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2016 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IWantAFormula: What's the most I should bid?

Your final bid should be the most you're willing to pay for it. Doesn't matter what other people think.
I happily paid $10,000 for a Formula with 5,200 kilometers (3,321 miles) 8 years ago. Showroom condition. Would do it again.
I don't know why the exterior side pic looks a little blotchy in places... the paint was perfect.

(Bear not included.)

[This message has been edited by David Hambleton (edited 01-25-2016).]

alcazar88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2016 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alcazar88Send a Private Message to alcazar88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Up to 6k if you love this color and 5 speed, looks like a nice example. I say this based on what I have seen lower mileage and more optioned 88 formulas sell for recently.

Although, I'm picky and wouldn't buy any Fiero with manual windows, no matter the price. May not bother you.

I do like the story behind the add, but that doesn't make it worth more. I was at barret-Jackson in scottsdale last night, I go to the preview before the auction starts, limits the possibility of buying something on a whim. There were no Fieros this year, but I saw a nice Volkswagen Thing with a surrey top!

Edited to increase price from 4500 to 6k. I thought about the recent ones and they all had some level of paint issue. Original paint in great condition is hard to find.

[This message has been edited by alcazar88 (edited 01-25-2016).]

LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2016 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would have to view inperson and drive it before I paid 6K.
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2016 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like the little blue teddy bear.
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2016 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by David Hambleton:

Your final bid should be the most you're willing to pay for it. Doesn't matter what other people think.
I happily paid $10,000 for a Formula with 5,200 kilometers (3,321 miles) 8 years ago. Showroom condition. Would do it again.
I don't know why the exterior side pic looks a little blotchy in places... the paint was perfect.

That Formula is absolutely beautiful.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2016 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tebailey:

Like the little blue teddy bear.

Probably matches the OPs eyes.

It's a joke, just in case you didn't get it.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2016 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:Probably matches the OPs eyes.

It's a joke, just in case you didn't get it.

Steve

The original owner bought it for his son when he was born. When his son got his license, he requested the Mustang convertible that was also in the garage, so the Fiero was put on Kijiji. Those were the pics he put in the ad.

The license plates had some association with his daughter's name, so she wanted him to keep the plates and of course, kept her bear as well.

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2016 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by alcazar88:

Up to 6k if you love this color and 5 speed...

Edited to increase price from 4500 to 6k.

Kind in mind the starting bid on this Formula is $6000...
alcazar88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2016 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for alcazar88Send a Private Message to alcazar88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I saw the starting bid was 6k. You just wait for it to be relisted . A lot of these don't get any bids the first few times around.
IWantAFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2016 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IWantAFormulaSend a Private Message to IWantAFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went an looked at it and drove it and it seems to run great, but he is really set on getting at least 6K for it. I still think it's high. I am going to wait out the auction and see if anyone else bids on it. There is also a white one on ebay that is up to $4100 but hasn't hit reserve yet, and I'd have to have it shipped to me. I only want to buy a local one.

Speaking of local ones, I also saw another, but it wasn't an 88. Is 88 really the best year? This one (an 86 SE, 91k miles) had a slight smell of coolant in it and the lady that owned it said she was told the heater core may need to be replaced. I saw another listing on this board about changing the heater core but most of the pictures and posts were deleted.

Doesn anyone know if there is an updated heater core discussion page? I couldn't find one.

Thanks for all of your input!
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2016 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A very easy job.

Fiero Heater Core Replacement

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 01-26-2016).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock