My new fiero/project by polaris_5256
Started on: 01-24-2016 12:39 AM
Replies: 6 (345 views)
Last post by: polaris_5256 on 02-05-2016 11:50 PM
polaris_5256

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2016 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for polaris_5256Send a Private Message to polaris_5256Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, since i sold my 84 fiero a couple years ago I have been waiting for my next fiero haha. I found this project earlier this summer and havent started on it yet but im almost ready to start working on it. It is a 85 fiero with a sbc 350 crate with a manual trans. The motor is in it and is "supposed" to run, all the wiring needs to be done to the car however, from what ive gathered is this car had a v8 in it and that motor blew up or something and they put this motor in and never finished it. So yes it kind of is a basket case at the moment but with any luck Im hoping to have it running this summer.

Thanks, Mike

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Thanks, Mike

[This message has been edited by polaris_5256 (edited 01-24-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gwhite18

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2016 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gwhite18Send a Private Message to Gwhite18Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a feeling that hose might rub on the deck lid a little. Just my opinion though.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2016 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting bumper combination.

Looks like you have quite a job ahead of you.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2016 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Start with the basics, check the plug wire and make sure they are going to the right place, first and foremost, if it is turning over and no fire. if it won't do anything check all the wires going to the starter, test, test, test before you do anything.

Check battery to make sure that's not the problem. Make sure the engine is getting power to the starter. unless of course the idiot just put the motor in and didn't connect the harness to the engine. Not the way I would do it, but hey it would surprise you to see some of the things I have run into after buying a car/truck or anything with an engine.

If it has not been running, think in storage for a few years drain all the fluids, gas, oil, trany fluids, and don't forget the turn signal fluid, that's an important one.

Looks like you have a good winter project ahead of you.

Good luck

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

polaris_5256

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2016 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for polaris_5256Send a Private Message to polaris_5256Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks, for the tips, im hoping to get started on it here in the next couple weeks. yes the coolant hose was the previous owners "temp" hose haha. Im sure this thing will get quite a few curse words out of me and give me quite a few headaches, but im in no hurry or need to get it going other than wanting it to run haha. Im sure ill be asking my fair share of questions on this forum once i get to that point.

Thanks, Mike
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2016 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I remember that one for sale. Nasty wiring, but lots of potential. Plenty of winter left to get it going.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT fastback SC3800 3.4 pulley, LS1 TB
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 5.9 motor
1985 Honda V65 Magna

polaris_5256

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2016 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for polaris_5256Send a Private Message to polaris_5256Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Grantman:

I think I remember that one for sale. Nasty wiring, but lots of potential. Plenty of winter left to get it going.

yes thats the one

also ive noticed it also has a fairly new koni aftermarket suspension installed and have the receipts in my stack of papers from 05 and it was about 1300 bucks in parts alone. I know nothing about the particular installed suspension but it seemed like a nice find

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock