It's good to be back by SCRebeck
Started on: 01-22-2016 10:55 AM
Replies: 8 (253 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 01-23-2016 12:31 PM
SCRebeck

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2016 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCRebeckSend a Private Message to SCRebeckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi everyone. It's been a long time since I've been on here, since I sold my fiero (85 SE). Horrible mistake. It's been eating away at me for 2+ years so I finally bought a new one. This time an 86 GT. It's in fair condition, body is excellent. Paint is faded, fuel and temp guages are wonky, shifter is sloppy, and it has a horrible exhaust leak, but it has all the options I wanted like A/C and sunroof. First thing I need to do if fix the exhaust leak, however there are several manifold bolts snapped off in the heads. I need to figure out how to fix it without dropping the cradle, since I don't have an engine hoist. Anyway just thought I'd make a post.
Pics:
http://imgur.com/a/lBiMQ

[This message has been edited by SCRebeck (edited 01-23-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2016 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome back! You may want to reduce your photo size a bit.
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2016 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome back and I hope you have fun with it
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2016 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

You may want to reduce your photo size a bit.

Yeah, it's pretty difficult viewing an image 4096 pixels wide on a screen running 1920x1080 resolution.

If you're running Windows, use PIP to post your images. They can be no wider than 1024 pixels, and the file size can be no larger than 300 kb.
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2016 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Resized picture:

Welcome back!
SCRebeck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2016 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCRebeckSend a Private Message to SCRebeckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks zzzhuh! I'm posting via mobile so I its a little difficult.
Jfrost

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2016 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome back!

I had a few manifold bolts break off and had to remove the engine/cradle to have enough room to drill them out. If you have a compact enough drill you can likely get the rear bolts out, but I'd be nervous about having the drill bit aligned properly with the limited access. Good luck!

------------------
Project L67 Fiero

SCRebeck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2016 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCRebeckSend a Private Message to SCRebeckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jfrost:

Welcome back!

I had a few manifold bolts break off and had to remove the engine/cradle to have enough room to drill them out. If you have a compact enough drill you can likely get the rear bolts out, but I'd be nervous about having the drill bit aligned properly with the limited access. Good luck!

Yesterday I was poking around under the car and noticed a crack in the forward facing exhaust manifold, so I drilled holes at the ends to stop it from spreading and then used "quicksteel" to patch it. Kind of a quick and dirty fix but I figured it was worth a shot. Now there's no noticeable leak even under a load! Quicksteel is interesting stuff. I'm not saying that I wont eventually have to drop it and fix those studs, but I was pretty surprised you can't hear a leak with broken studs. Now my priority is to figure out why my idle is suddenly high after putting in some new sensors :/

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2016 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome back to the obsession!

A high idle is likely a vacuum leak. The most likely culprit is a cracked or broken EGR tube. Goes from the EGR valve to the underside of the upper intake, at the end of the throttle neck. You won't be able to see the crack, due to the wrapping that's around it.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock