Short block 3800 SC a good buy? by Quad GT
Started on: 01-19-2016 03:51 PM
Replies: 2 (267 views)
Last post by: cmechmann on 01-20-2016 10:10 PM
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2016 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not too familiar with 3800 SC motors but would this be a good deal
he is asking $450 or BO

GM Buick 3.8 L67 Supercharged (Series 2) rebuilt shortblock. Used in many different applications. Fresh hone, rings & bearings

Heads are fully ported as well it comes with aftermarket stainless valves and springs

[This message has been edited by Quad GT (edited 01-19-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2016 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think you mean long block, If the heads are included. Is a true rebuild or a gasket refresh?
cmechmann

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2016 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cmechmannSend a Private Message to cmechmannEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The best I've seen for a "properly" done SC engine from someone that I would trust, was from a set of semi retired machine shop owners I know for $1900.00.
Of course that was with block checked for center line and cracks, new pistons, fitted with ARP connecting rod bolts, while having the connecting rod roundness checked/machined(very important on 3800s), heads gone through, and assembled. And was about 2 years ago.
I would love to find a reman short block for that. It's about 300 just for the replacement bolts (if you include head bolts)on a Series II.

I would get some verification of the work done.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock