Performance sound wiring harness by handymanpat
Started on: 01-06-2016 10:35 PM
Replies: 6 (208 views)
Last post by: handymanpat on 01-11-2016 07:57 AM
handymanpat

Feedback score:    (48)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2016 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for handymanpatSend a Private Message to handymanpatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know how to get ahold of the wiring harness for the performance sound system? I have the system but do not have the wiring!
I am willing to pay a fair price for it or if someone knows where to get the plug tips I might be able to make one?
Thanks Pat
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2016 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try asking in the Mall.
ARKaiser

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2016 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I may be wrong but don't all cars have the wiring for it. I know I put one in my 88 and it didn't come with it from the factory. I found all the connections already in place.
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post01-10-2016 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ARKaiser:

I may be wrong but don't all cars have the wiring for it. I know I put one in my 88 and it didn't come with it from the factory. I found all the connections already in place.

Nope. I had to add the harness in my 87 GT.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2016 04:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you found the wiring then the car had it but parts were removed for some reason. It would be fairly simple to make your own harness but asking in the mall would definitely be easier.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2016 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As it is for a subwoofer controller isn't it better to actually be on the stereo. If adding a subwoofer to a car you wouldn't consider the location let alone a slider over a dial.
handymanpat

Feedback score:    (48)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2016 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for handymanpatSend a Private Message to handymanpatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unless you have the 15 pin connector for the amp it is pretty difficult to make your own harness. I am wanting to keep Things stock. This would all be easy if I just bought aftermarket equipment.
There are two runs of wiring. The main harness piece from the amp and the smaller piece that runs to the slide controller. I can make the smaller one if I need to.
Thanks pat

------------------
pat moody

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock