flairing the ends of fuel sending unit? by rcp builders
Started on: 01-03-2016 08:39 AM
Replies: 1 (131 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 01-03-2016 08:48 PM
rcp builders

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2016 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was wondering if anyone has upgraded their fuel lines by cutting and flairing the ends of the sending unit?
I would like to do away with any rubber hose on my sbc swap and go with AN fittings and braided lines.
perhaps there is another GM sender of the same size already fitted this way? Thank you, Ray
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2016 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rcp builders:

Was wondering if anyone has upgraded their fuel lines by cutting and flaring the ends of the sending unit?
I would like to do away with any rubber hose on my sbc swap and go with AN fittings and braided lines.
perhaps there is another GM sender of the same size already fitted this way? Thank you, Ray

Russell makes a connector that should clip to the fuel line. Another method is to cut the line, put a flare nut w fitting on the tube and use a 30* AN flaring tool to make the flare to fit to the #8 AN male braided hose end.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock