Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Canada- Any Yanks interested in another invasion?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Canada- Any Yanks interested in another invasion? by cam-a-lot
Started on: 12-21-2015 10:38 PM
Replies: 18 (732 views)
Last post by: hnthomps on 07-21-2016 08:11 PM
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2015 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have had a few Fiero owner BBQ in my backyard in the last few years. A few people have contacted me recently about having another event this upcoming summer, and I thought that I would send the feelers out to our American friends to see if they want to try their luck at the war of 1812 again....

I live in Innisfil, Ontario, next to Lake Simcoe. The local GM dealer has mentioned that we can use their space for a little show & shine. There are some nice routes to take for a cruise by the lake, and we can have a great BBQ at my place afterwards. I will cover all the costs of the BBQ.

There are numerous hotels in the Barrie area, and a couple of shady trucker motels in Innisfil where I live. Anyone wishing to pitch a tent in my backyard is more than welcome. I have room for at least 20 tents. I am thinking of doing this sometime in July. With the weak Canadian dollar, this can be a great vacation and a chance to visit Canada for our US friends. There are also a few decent car shows going on here in the summer, so we could try to time the event to coincide.

Just looking for a show of hands of who may be interested. Kids, pets, welcome. Bring your wife or girlfriend. If your balls are big enough, bring both!

I will firm up the dates a little closer to summer, and will make sure to coincide with a local car show. Basically, I just want to know rough numbers from the US and out of province, so I can make arrangements.

[This message has been edited by cam-a-lot (edited 12-21-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Neils88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2015 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd love to drop by (you're only about 5 hours away)...but the car is a couple of years away from being drivable. Maybe I can convince my wife to let me pick up another Fiero in the meantime... (Drove by a nice red GT for sale today....had me thinking...)
rmac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2015 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rmacSend a Private Message to rmacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Me and my friend actually just got back from Canada bought a Formula Ford Parts car from a guy up in Renfrew wasn't a bad drive at all im sure if as long as my fiero is up and running ill try and make it happen I like road trips!!
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2015 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Depending on when it is and if I can get the time off work, I'm game. I'll need to get a passport, I guess......the last time I drove through Canada I didn't need one, but that was 20+ years ago.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2015 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

I'll need to get a passport, I guess......the last time I drove through Canada I didn't need one, but that was 20+ years ago.

The other option is an Enhanced Driver's License. That's what I use when I drive to the States (as I don't have a passport).

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 01-08-2016).]

Flyboygt86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2015 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Flyboygt86Send a Private Message to Flyboygt86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would like to come if the date works.
Might get a group of us.
Capital City Fieros from Michigan
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2015 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the replies and PM messages. I will post again closer to summer- just wanted to get a rough idea of attendees. It will most likely by a July event.

Just a reminder to our US friends that due to the low Canadian dollar, you can have a very cheap visit/vacation in Canada. Hotels, restaurants, etc are about 35% cheaper than they were a year ago due to the dollar drop. If anyone does come up and wants suggestions on places to go/things to see in Central Ontario, just PM me.

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2015 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Although I usually try to avoid the lovely scenic trip along the QEW, 427, 401 & 400, I hope to participate.
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2015 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would be interested, & already have the passport. How far travel from Baltimore?
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2015 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by no2pencil:

Would be interested, & already have the passport. How far travel from Baltimore?

https://www.google.ca/maps/...66f5ec40dbd0a!2m2!1d -79.6114973!2d44.3008813?hl=en

504 miles pretty much straight north (if the link above doesn't work)
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2016 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Apparently Fieros are treated well in Innisfil...

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-clas...hNavigationFlag=true
PFF
System Bot
CarolinaRigman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2016 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarolinaRigmanSend a Private Message to CarolinaRigmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would LOVE to make this trip!!
But alas health and lack of wealth always seem to stand in my way!
Maybe, if my Lord willing, something will work out!

Cam-A-Lot, you are a true Gentleman!
Thank You for your generosity!

Doug Meadows
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2016 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good catch Dave- I have never seen this car. There is also a guy in Innisfil with a mint 88 GT and a Formula.

If anyone is interested in this car, I can check it out for you. With the low Canadian dollar, it may be a bargain. If I buy it, my wife will cut my balls off... but I don't need them anyway after 3 kids.. Too bad it is girlie-matic.
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2016 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I can get my motor swap done...
That would be a fun trip.
Does it get above freezing in Canada in the summer? B)
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2016 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKcustoms:

Does it get above freezing in Canada in the summer? B)

Nope, that is why we ride our snowmobiles all year long while we hunt seals through the ice

If I was an American, I would definitely be spending some time in Canada this summer. With the current exchange rate of 1.4, you can vacation here for far less money than anywhere in the USA. Just get used to people saying "sorry" for no particular reason, and reasonable sized portions at restaurants.

FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2016 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would be interested however it will depend on the date. Summer is our busy season, last year I only had 3 days off in July.
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2016 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Summer's here! What's happening in Innisfil?
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2016 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks to be late July. Need to finalize some dates but I will post shortly.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2016 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is tempting but I am a long way off since I live in South Carolina. Keep us posted on the dates and I will see if it is even possible for me at that time.

Nelson

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock