Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  What to do with that ugly warped Rear Center Console door. ?????

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
What to do with that ugly warped Rear Center Console door. ????? by robert1234
Started on: 12-09-2015 10:08 PM
Replies: 16 (697 views)
Last post by: Alex4mula on 12-11-2015 09:23 PM
robert1234

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2015 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robert1234Send a Private Message to robert1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there an aftermarket door for that ugly thing? haha

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2015 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes. You can get this door by TXGOOD from Blacktop Racing.
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2015 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You could also add one of these

It looks nice, and I've heard good things about them.
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2015 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is what I did with mine.

FieroFastBackL67

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2015 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's one way to do it. Nice job
FieroJuice

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2015 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJuiceSend a Private Message to FieroJuiceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

This is what I did with mine.

Are the subs better mounted towards the floor or near the top behind the seats, like the one that FS sells called the 84-88 Rear Wall Speaker Panel are near the top. What's the advantages/disadvantages of each?

Thanks.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2015 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In my convertible, I installed two small speakers into the door and covered with color matching fabric (looked like speaker fabric). Worked great!
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2015 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroJuice:
Are the subs better mounted towards the floor or near the top behind the seats, like the one that FS sells called the 84-88 Rear Wall Speaker Panel are near the top. What's the advantages/disadvantages of each?

Thanks.

If I remember correctly what the Fiero store sells isn't a sub enclosure it's just a plastic panel that allows you to mount a full range speaker like a 6.5" 3-way or something. For what I did, if you look at the center console you can see the rear wall was extended forward about a inch and quarter at the top. It was about a two and a half inch extension out at the bottom. There is also a channel across the bottom behind some spot welded panels on that rear firewall. I cut those open and sealed both ends to allow the speakers magnet structure more depth for mounting. Those woofers had around a 4-1/2" to 5" mounting depth and sounded awesome. I like when I can turn a stereo up loud enough to make normal conversation impossible to hear while the sound from the audio system still remains clear as a bell.

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2015 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you can also re-glue it and make it look close to new again.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-10-2015 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used my hot glue gun to fix all the peeling interior. Has not moved in 6 years or so.
TopNotch

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2015 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used a special super glue for plastics that you can get at Lowes or Home Depot. It has two parts -- a promoter that looks like a magic marker, which you apply to both surfaces, and the glue. The glue grabs and holds in only a few seconds, so you only have to hold the glued section with your fingers for a bit. You cam do a few inches at a time, and work your way around the assembly. I did two this way, and a number of other warped surround pieces. They all came out fine.
PFF
System Bot
robert1234

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2015 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robert1234Send a Private Message to robert1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh wow ! Excellent ideas !
Now I can't decide.
I never expected this kind of a response.
Thanks everyone !

I love this place !!!
TopNotch

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2015 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whatever method you choose, be sure to clean both surfaces first. Clean off that brown foam stuff at the surfaces to be glued. It doesn't like any kind of glue.

zzzhuh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2015 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroJuice:

Thanks.

Unfortunately, I don't think TFS sells them anymore

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2015 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by robert1234:

Oh wow ! Excellent ideas !
Now I can't decide.
I never expected this kind of a response.
Thanks everyone !

I love this place !!!

Gorilla Glue works well too, just dont use too much.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2015 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zzzhuh:
Unfortunately, I don't think TFS sells them anymore

You mean this?
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2015 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

you can also re-glue it and make it look close to new again.

This. I use MAX1 glue. Usually sold at boat shows. Bette than Gorilla or anything else I think. I have done probably 5 of them plus all center components.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock