Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  EZ Mod for those who have trouble getting in and out of the Fiero?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
EZ Mod for those who have trouble getting in and out of the Fiero? by TheDigitalAlchemist
Started on: 12-09-2015 08:10 AM
Replies: 35 (747 views)
Last post by: sardonyx247 on 12-12-2015 10:20 PM
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2015 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know some folks have bad knees and whatnot...so how about this? Should be pretty easy to do, right?

A few cases of beer, a chainsaw, some duct-tape, and a length of garden hose (to suck out the gas in the tank before you perform the well-known "split-gas tank" MOD)

Maybe even make it do this with the push of a button. Have some kinda smoke canister puff out some smoke when it opens too... Would be awesome to have it flip open at highway speeds. Give you a great view of the road...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2015 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's interesting!
In all seriousness; for the disabled who have trouble getting in and out of their Fiero's I saw an ad on television for a handle that attached to the door latch. Its called the "Car Cane" .
https://www.carcane.com/?gc...PvzskCFQotHwodMSANVA

Assuming that you don't weigh in at 300 the car cane might work but you also stand a chance of breaking the door latch. Its a weird approach but I guess that there are people who need it and are buying it.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post12-09-2015 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My truck has a button that automatically adjusts the seat to make it easier to get out, if one needs such a thing. In some other GM vehicles like the Cadillacs with power tilt and telescope steering wheels, it will also raise the steering wheel all the way, and pull it all the way in. Then when getting back in, it will re-adjust everything to the memory set for the key used.

Something similar could be retrofitted into a Fiero. But I think most people who have issues getting in/out of the Fiero, have a problem with the Fiero's height being so low. A custom suspension that could raise the body up a few inches above stock would probably be more helpful.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2015 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:
In all seriousness; for the disabled who have trouble getting in and out of their Fiero's I saw an ad on television for a handle that attached to the door latch. Its called the "Car Cane" .
https://www.carcane.com/?gc...PvzskCFQotHwodMSANVA
Does Not Work on many cars including Fiero. Carefully watch video and Look at the latch loop the "cane" goes into.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2015 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:
Does Not Work on many cars including Fiero. Carefully watch video and Look at the latch loop the "cane" goes into.

You beat me to it. They would have to make another style to work with the Fiero.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 12-09-2015).]

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2015 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

You beat me to it. They would have to make another style to work with the Fiero.

I would assume that most people that own a Fiero are agile but there is an 80 yr old guy in NJ that does drive a Fiero Convertible, (occasionally that is) and sadly he has trouble getting in and out. He is also very well nourished to say the least.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2015 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That would certainly make U turns around the end of the median at the traffic light much easier, wouldn't it?
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2015 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Assuming that you don't weigh in at 300...

I would assume that most people that own a Fiero are agile...

There are quite a few of us right here on PFF that are close to 300# and not very agile. What would make you think that 300# is a problem and/or you have to be agile to own a Fiero?
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2015 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a little bit of a concern for me. Worst thing is the build I'm doing will have the seat about 3-4 inches lower than it is now. There are times where I definitely will not be able to drive it. On my bad days I have real difficulty getting around and actually have to use handicap parking. Fortunately my daily driver is an F-150 which is easy to get in and out of.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2015 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

There are quite a few of us right here on PFF that are close to 300# and not very agile. What would make you think that 300# is a problem and/or you have to be agile to own a Fiero?

If I was anywhere even remotely close to 300 lbs, getting in and out of a Fiero would be the least of my concerns. Seriously. I'd be much more concerned about my health and quality of life.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 12-10-2015).]

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2015 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is the video on the "car cane". IMO, this is a very peculiar invention. If you cannot get in and out of your car, you probably own the wrong car.
I showed this video to my 6' tall 135lb wife and she started laughing.
So without futher adue:
https://youtu.be/LpxPFXyfz3A

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 12-10-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2015 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dennis LaGrua

15143 posts
Member since May 2000
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpxPFXyfz3A

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 12-10-2015).]

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-10-2015 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here is the video on the "car cane". IMO, this is a very peculiar invention. If you cannot get in and out of your car, you probably own the wrong car.
So without futher adue:

Wonder if she'll be laughing when she breaks her hip or gets osteoporosis.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-10-2015 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dobey

11572 posts
Member since Sep 2001

Originally posted by Patrick:

If I was anywhere even remotely close to 300 lbs, getting in and out of a Fiero would be the least of my concerns. Seriously. I'd be much more concerned about my health and quality of life.

300lbs is on the low side, for an offensive lineman in the NFL. Shaquille O'neal is also close to 300 lbs, though he's a basketball player, and about 7 feet tall.

Weight by itself doesn't necessarily mean one's health is poor. If you're 5'3 and 300 lbs, then yeah, you probably need to lay off the potato chips a bit, but if you're an athlete that's over 6'6 and you weigh 300 lbs, maybe it's not horrible.
Neils88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2015 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So without futher adue:

I notice there is also what looks like a blade at the other end that they don't mention. Seat belt cutter?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2015 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

300lbs is on the low side, for an offensive lineman in the NFL.

If there's an offensive lineman in the NFL driving a Fiero, I'll eat my shorts.

You know and I know we're not talking about professional athletes here. We're talking about people who are 300 lbs of something other than muscle.

I've got a cousin who's getting close to 400 lbs. He's been overweight for years, and he's now in his 60's. He's crying about how bad his knees are. Well yeah, I guess so! Lay off the desserts and the chips and the "diet" cola... lose a few pounds!

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 12-11-2015).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2015 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Weight by itself doesn't necessarily mean one's health is poor. If you're 5'3 and 300 lbs, then yeah, you probably need to lay off the potato chips a bit, but if you're an athlete that's over 6'6 and you weigh 300 lbs, maybe it's not horrible.

Yeah, I have a brother-in-law that's over 6' 4" and exceeds 300. He's a fireman and can get up and down a ladder faster than I ever could, even when I was at 165, fresh out of basic training.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2015 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

I have a brother-in-law that's over 6' 4" and exceeds 300. He's a fireman and can get up and down a ladder faster than I ever could, even when I was at 165...

And I wouldn't be surprised if he'd have little to no trouble getting in and out of a Fiero.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2015 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Neils88:
I notice there is also what looks like a blade at the other end that they don't mention. Seat belt cutter?
Yes.
A review @yt

Most cutters have same issue that need belt under tension to cut well. Better ones, like most fire/police cutters, just need less tension.
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2015 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpxPFXyfz3A

I wonder how many driver's side bolsters would have been saved from shredding if those handles were used?

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2015 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I discussed this in tech a few years ago, wanting to put the racing style jack system in the Fiero controlled by the key fob remote entry type button. Forget the kind of racing it was but they use 4 hydraulic rams on each corner to raise the cars height, when getting in and out. I have a bad back that makes it hard to get out of it. in the races they use it to change the tires with.

https://www.pegasusautoraci...tails.asp?RecID=6208

Years ago, think it was the early 70s Chevy had a seat that swiveled, now if there was enough room in a Fiero to use that it would make getting in and out easier. That would be the easiest way to make getting in and out a lot easier, you wouldn't need the entire seat just the lower base the seat rides back and forth on and in this case swivels. you could use your own Fiero seat for that one.

http://www.northerntool.com...8768002&ci_sku=23434

with the jack system it would be handy for changing tires as well, never have to block the wheels as all the wheels go up at the same time. I had a dodge caravan a few years ago that was the exact right for just sliding in and out of it for me and the rest of the family. so I thought if we could raise the Fiero to a height that was easier to get in and out of like the caravan was it would be easier for everyone to get in and out. Then I found out how much those systems cost, like a grand a corner.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 12-11-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2015 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wonder if she'll be laughing when she breaks her hip or gets osteoporosis.

If she ever gets crippled, then a Fiero is not for her but you are talking about someone in super good shape and she is model thin. I can't imagine her ever having a problem getting out of a Fiero even with a touch of arthritis that eventually we all get a touch of. As for me, if I ever encounter difficulty getting out of my Fieros , then the car is no longer for me. It should also be pointed out that this Auto Cane won't fit a Fiero door latch. It will only scratch, bend and ruin the more modern latches. Its also a Chinese product, with a flashlight, hammer, pseudo seat belt cutter, knife, fork and toenail cutter. The whole idea of this thing is absolutely rediculous.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2015 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Seems to me there's a simple solution for getting out...

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2015 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It should also be pointed out that this Auto Cane won't fit a Fiero door latch.

An egress aid to go over the Fiero latch bolt might be as simple as a 4" long piece of suitable strength plastic pipe.

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-12-2015 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If she ever gets crippled, then a Fiero is not for her but you are talking about someone in super good shape and she is model thin. I can't imagine her ever having a problem getting out of a Fiero even with a touch of arthritis that eventually we all get a touch of. As for me, if I ever encounter difficulty getting out of my Fieros , then the car is no longer for me. It should also be pointed out that this Auto Cane won't fit a Fiero door latch. It will only scratch, bend and ruin the more modern latches. Its also a Chinese product, with a flashlight, hammer, pseudo seat belt cutter, knife, fork and toenail cutter. The whole idea of this thing is absolutely rediculous.

Your wife is going to get old at some point. Everyone either gets old, or dies trying. Laughing at elderly people who need to use their upper body to gain leverage to get out of a car, is asinine. None of the people in that commercial are in Fieros. It is a product designed for the elderly, not obese. They need additional leverage getting out of big sedans even. I was simply pointing out how ridiculous you and your wife's attitudes towards that, are.

As for it being a Chinese product. Who cares? You think you don't use Chinese products? You think there aren't ridiculously over-engineered products from US manufacturers? Get a grip. 90% of the electronics that your post went through to end up on this forum, were made in China. Please stop turning everything into an anti-Chinese rally on this forum. It's tiring and detracts from any intellectual or valid discussion about products or the needs of others.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-12-2015 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dobey

11572 posts
Member since Sep 2001

Originally posted by 84fiero123:
I think I discussed this in tech a few years ago, wanting to put the racing style jack system in the Fiero controlled by the key fob remote entry type button. Forget the kind of racing it was but they use 4 hydraulic rams on each corner to raise the cars height, when getting in and out.

The jack system you are talking about is fairly common in racing. It's not for getting in/out of the vehicle, but for making pit stops that much faster. With all four wheels off the ground, they can all be changed simultaneously, making the change much quicker. For getting in/out of the car, these race cars require climbing through the window and roll cage.

I forget who it was, but some years ago, a member installed this jack system into an IMSA car build. I can't remember who it was though, and am having trouble finding it in search.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2015 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I forget who it was, but some years ago, a member installed this jack system into an IMSA car build. I can't remember who it was though, and am having trouble finding it in search.

Dave Deerson:

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 12-12-2015).]

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2015 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IMSA GT

10263 posts
Member since Aug 2007
The way to do this for the Fiero without getting into a manufacturing nightmare is to simply take a thick piece of bar stock and drill it for the amount of adjustment you want. Here is a pic I just created. The top hole fits over the lock bolt and the bottom holes are for fitting a handle that can be adjusted for your comfort.

When you exit the vehicle, simply unhook it and toss it on the floor.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 12-12-2015).]

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2015 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If there's a demand for such a thing it would be easy to have those laser or water cut.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2015 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dave Deerson:

Now that is what I was talking about and even that little a height difference, and that does look a lot longer than the racing ones to me, would make getting in and out of a Fiero, at least for me and I am sure many other people with back problems, add a swing in seat and I will be able to get in and out with out hurting my back anyway. I wonder how much he had to change the original jacks?

I do have a sunroof in mine thought,

Originally posted by Patrick:

Seems to me there's a simple solution for getting out...

Steve

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 12-12-2015).]

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2015 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now that is what I was talking about and even that little a height difference, and that does look a lot longer than the racing ones to me, would make getting in and out of a Fiero, at least for me and I am sure many other people with back problems, add a swing in seat and I will be able to get in and out with out hurting my back anyway. I wonder how much he had to change the original jacks?

Steve

Here is the whole process:

Front

Rear

PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2015 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here is the whole process:

Sweet, did he happen to mention if he had to get extra long rams or anything about how much it cost him? Not that I could afford it, but maybe others can, seeing by the pictures he built an entire crash bar system all around it I wonder if you could mount those to the Fiero's superstructure. Our if it is air or hydraulic?

Also looks like a great way to store the Fiero for the winter, just jack it up and leave it up.

Thanks
edit to add, found the thread, nice work.
Steve

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 12-12-2015).]

Neils88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2015 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sweet, did he happen to mention if he had to get extra long rams or anything about how much it cost him? Not that I could afford it, but maybe others can, seeing by the pictures he built an entire crash bar system all around it I wonder if you could mount those to the Fiero's superstructure. Our if it is air or hydraulic?

Also looks like a great way to store the Fiero for the winter, just jack it up and leave it up.

Thanks
edit to add, found the thread, nice work.
Steve

Those systems usually use an external air supply. I.e. you hook the air hose up to the port on the car and the car raises....remove the air and the car lowers. Easy enough to add an internal air pump, but a lot of extra weight.
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2015 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would use that as an anti theft/towing device, all you would have to do it add a valve to the air line to hold the pressure.

To get in and out of a Fiero easily, is just like a Lambo, and every car has one built in, it is called the A-piller, just grab it and pull your self out.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2015 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

From This thread...

Originally posted by dratts:

Video of a guy struggling to get out of a lambo.

sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2015 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I worked on a Lambo kit and what we figured out, is one foot out, grab the A-piller and pull your self up, otherwise you look like a fool crawling out of the thing. lol

In the vid he tried to get both feet out, does not work.

[This message has been edited by sardonyx247 (edited 12-12-2015).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock