Started on: 12-02-2015 08:52 PM
Replies: 14 (290 views)
Last post by: Kitskaboodle on 12-04-2015 10:25 PM
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2015 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking for info on car emissions testing there. It is still a far stretch but I may be contemplating a job offer from Amazon there and I want to estimate the impact of a move. My V8 Fiero has zero emissions equipment and if you are inside a garage with the door open and it running you will still die in a short period of time. Hopefully you know what I mean. Here in FL there is no issue with that. So is Seattle, WA also like California? Tks

------------------
88 Formula: TPI V8 + 6-Speed
304rwHP/366rwTQ

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2015 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like you're not making the move. Click.

[EDIT] Ooops, might've spoken too soon. Your '88 is probably exempt.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 12-02-2015).]

Domtech

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2015 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DomtechSend a Private Message to DomtechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
over 25 years is exempt. I didn't need any inspection/test for my 88.
Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2015 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Domtech:

Yay! Good to know. Are there a lot of Fieros up there? Now I need to find an area not too far from downtown (+/-35 min drive?) where homes with a car garage doesn't cost a fortune. Is there any such place there with homes in $200k range? I checked Zillow and all seems to be $500k+ :O Tks
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2015 03:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

I need to find an area not too far from downtown (+/-35 min drive?) where homes with a car garage doesn't cost a fortune. Is there any such place there with homes in $200k range?

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-03-2015 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seattle has a large Fiero contention made up of great folks.

Seattle has an inflated real estate market. $200,000 may buy a shack in places. Good luck.

PM sent...
Domtech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2015 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DomtechSend a Private Message to DomtechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Housing is very expensive in the area. I live in the cheapest house in my neighborhood and it would probably be valued at $400-500k.

The Jet City Fiero Club is active and meets in Issaquah.

It is a great area to live in. Also I know a quite a few people at amazon and they all seem to like it.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2015 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Jet City Fiero Club is active and meets in Issaquah.

They're a good bunch of people. They even allow foreigners from BC to come down to their Fiero functions.

The great Pacific Northwest, whether it be in the US or Canada, is a very desirable area to live in. However, that's reflected in housing prices as the demand is always high. A standard city lot within the city of Vancouver BC with a "knock-down" on it goes for a million dollars now, and I'm referring to the "working class" (less expensive) side of town!

Finding a home with a car garage in the Seattle area not too far from downtown (+/-35 min drive) for $500k sounds like a real deal to me... compared to what's available up here.
Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2015 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks all. Will see what happens. But if this goes further I know I will need to negotiate hard
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2015 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Huh? Over 25 years, it's exempt? No inspection/test?? What??
Man, my 86 GT was in the smog shop for 1.5 hours while they checked the gas cap, checked all emission devices and hoses, checked the engine for any obvious modifications, did an evap test, checked the timing, checked the cat to make sure it had the proper Calif. certified "OE" type, unscrewed the cig lighter plate, jumpered the ALDL and finally ran it on the rollers to verify CO, HC and Nox.
Kit
Domtech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2015 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DomtechSend a Private Message to DomtechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you talking about Seattle? Because when I bought my 88 and went to transfer the title they told me that it needed no test.
They even had a big poster hanging form the ceiling listing what years needed each level of emissions testing, and 25 years plus was exempt.
PFF
System Bot
formulaWA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2015 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for formulaWASend a Private Message to formulaWAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep in mind that a 35 minute drive from downtown seattle is about 3.5 miles
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2015 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by formulaWA:

Yeah, a 35 minute drive to or from the downtown core of most large cities doesn't get you far during rush "hour". It's best to make that drive at 3 AM if you wish to cover more ground.

It's not unusual for people to drive 2 hours each way when they work in town and live in the suburbs (where housing is more affordable).

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 12-04-2015).]

ILVMYGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2015 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ILVMYGTSend a Private Message to ILVMYGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by formulaWA:

No Joke. I had to go from Magnolia to I5 one night. It's a 6 mile trip through downtown, that would take 15 minutes. We left just before 5 o'clock. It took just under an hour.

With that said, depending on where Amazon is located is Seattle you could live in Kitsap County and take the ferry to Seattle. Some housing on the west side of Puget Sound is less expensive than in Seattle. The ferry ride to Seattle to Bremerton is about an hour. There is a shorter ferry ride to Bainbridge Island but the housing is more expensive.

There is also light rail in that area that could get you farther out.

Seattle traffic is horrible, I am glad we live on the west side of Puget Sound.

Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2015 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are you talking about Seattle? Because when I bought my 88 and went to transfer the title they told me that it needed no test.
They even had a big poster hanging form the ceiling listing what years needed each level of emissions testing, and 25 years plus was exempt.

No, I'm talking about Ca., not Seattle. Just looking for a little sympathy down here in the "tree hugger" state.
Kit

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock