New User by Ogzy
Started on: 11-22-2015 06:21 PM
Replies: 7 (193 views)
Last post by: rice.1 on 11-23-2015 04:43 AM
Ogzy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2015 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OgzySend a Private Message to OgzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys new user here. Been watching for a while but first time posting. I’ve always wanted a Fiero and finally have one.
I bought my Fiero about a year ago but haven’t done much to yet, just replaced thermostat and coolant hoses. It’s an 86 SE, v6, 4 speed manual. The previous own had lowered it, put a GT body kit on it, and supposedly upgraded the shocks. He also took out all of the lock cylinders from the doors and trunk and now a Fob locks and unlocks it, which has already led to a few problems haha.
I have a lot of grand plans for my Fiero including an engine swap (way down the road). My goal is to make it a fun street car that I can autocross and maybe take to a track. First I want to upgrade the suspension as much as I can before swapping the engine.
If anyone has any suggestions for what I should do or where I should start making it handle better I’m all ears.
I look forward to making some real progress and hearing your advice.

EDIT: added a pic

[This message has been edited by Ogzy (edited 11-22-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2015 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Forum!
CarolinaRigman

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2015 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarolinaRigmanSend a Private Message to CarolinaRigmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice Fiero!!! Welcome to the obsession!!
FieroLost

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2015 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLostSend a Private Message to FieroLostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome. Great looking car.
FIERO, it is an obsession you know !
Depending on how mechanically inclined you are, there is an engine swap to suit your abilities. From easy to complex; there is a wealth of info here on Pennocks.
Good luck.
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2015 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to PFF! I look forward to seeing the work on your car. This is definitely the best place for Fiero information. Many talented people here, and they all love to share their knowledge (sometimes whether you ask for it or not... ) If you do anything substantial on the car, make sure you photograph and post everything.
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2015 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the madness.
RE handling. A lot depends on exactly what the previous owner did. 'Upgrading' the shocks without doing anything else (other than lowering it) to the 30 year old suspension is pretty pointless in my opinion. If they did not do it, I would suggest replacing all the rubber bushing in the suspension, front and rear, either with new rubber or poly. Also do the ball joints if they need it and the tie rod ends as well (on the rear), maybe front too on the steering if needed.
You can also install solid cradle mounts if you can find a set although new rubber mounts are probably just as good really. I have solid mounts on my 85, don't really notice that much difference although maybe I have just gotten used to it !
Before you make it go faster, I'd recommend making it stop better. The S10 bake booster upgrade is well worth while. Did it on mine and it gives me much more confidence in the brakes than the original system. Just make sure you have decent pads, the e brake is adjusted and the caliper sliders are free.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

FieroFastBackL67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2015 03:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice find! And welcome. I love this site helps me find everything I need.
rice.1

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2015 04:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rice.1Send a Private Message to rice.1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, nice find. Just from the picture it looks like the PO did a good job making it look like a GT.

Search function on here is your friend. Great group of folks on the site. Even if you ask a question that's been answered before, most on here will answer, and then politely direct you towards the search function. I should know

My advice is take your time, be respectful and you will be respected, and have fun. Good luck with the eventual swap. I don't have the link, and running short on time and am posting on my phone, but someone may direct you to the "master link" for the 3800 swaps. A ton of good information.

Oh yeah, welcome to the madness!!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock