Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Grey Tint Door Glasses Coming Again Same Prices!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Grey Tint Door Glasses Coming Again Same Prices! by prosource
Started on: 11-19-2015 01:56 AM
Replies: 19 (755 views)
Last post by: MulletproofMonk on 12-07-2015 11:30 AM
prosource

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for prosourceClick Here to visit prosource's HomePageSend a Private Message to prosourceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We recognize it has been a while since we could offer sets of grey tint door glasses for the Fiero so we finally were able to get these into production again- for all those that were not ready for or just want a spare set. The pricing is still the same from 2014. They run $175 each side grey tint or $350 pair. there is a $15 box fee. UPS ranges from $30-60 within the continental USA, a little higher to Canada. An additional set can be shipped for a little more money, best to inquire for specifics. We can offer the green standard tint for the same $160 each presently. Realistically, we are looking at arrival in January or February the latest for the grey tint. We are accepting deposits to guarantee a set.
Best to email at info@prosourceglassintl.com or call toll free 877-345-2800.

For those who are not familar the glass is made in the USA with the correct tooling from LOF, one of the OEM manufacturers when these cars were first produced. Thanks for your past and present support!
Richard
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just replaced side window glass with good used stuff and I just wish that you were selling the window glass at that time. At this point I don't want to do that lousy tedious job again but maybe I'll get the itch next spring.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

prosource

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prosourceClick Here to visit prosource's HomePageSend a Private Message to prosourceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

I just replaced side window glass with good used stuff and I just wish that you were selling the window glass at that time. At this point I don't want to do that lousy tedious job again but maybe I'll get the itch next spring.

We have been selling the factory tint door glasses all along new, it was the grey tint that we were out for quite some time. Lot o folks bought the door glasses on this forum. We did have numerous posts about a year+ ago.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by prosource:

We have been selling the factory tint door glasses all along new, it was the grey tint that we were out for quite some time. Lot o folks bought the door glasses on this forum. We did have numerous posts about a year+ ago.

Who knew? If you want to spread the word consider a banner ad at the top of this forum. That way your window glass would be easy to find. I am not ruling out a side window purchase as LOF is good quality glass, just not ready to do this job right now.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

prosource

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2015 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for prosourceClick Here to visit prosource's HomePageSend a Private Message to prosourceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Who knew? If you want to spread the word consider a banner ad at the top of this forum. That way your window glass would be easy to find. I am not ruling out a side window purchase as LOF is good quality glass, just not ready to do this job right now.

Sounds like a good idea once I have a date that comes closer..
sricka01

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2015 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
how do you know if you have green or gray glass?? 88 GT.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post11-22-2015 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sricka01:

how do you know if you have green or gray glass?? 88 GT.

All stock Fiero glass was green tint.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-22-2015 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dobey

11572 posts
Member since Sep 2001

The glass is produced in manufacturing runs, so once stock runs out it can take a very long time for another production run to happen. I bought a set of the grey tint glass last time, and the production kept being delayed by Prosource's supplier, so it took much longer than expected to get the glass. So even if a forum sponsorship is made with a banner showing up on every page of the site, it would still be necessary to have these such announcement/buy threads when new production runs are being scheduled. Since the glass isn't always available in stock, people might get put off that are looking for glass, by seeing a banner all the time, and never having the glass they need in stock at the time.

It would be nice to see another banner other than The Fiero Store, indeed, but I think the announce threads like this will still be a necessity for prosource.

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-22-2015 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dobey

11572 posts
Member since Sep 2001

It's worth buying a set and just storing them until you do decide to replace the glass again. Especially if you want the grey tint, which is not the factory tint, and which prosource produces less often, from what I can tell.

The ones I bought two years ago are still waiting for me to install them. I also have a brand new set of dew wipes; one of the last sets from Stu. Hopefully I'll be ready to install them sometime next year.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-22-2015 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dobey

11572 posts
Member since Sep 2001
prosource, I sent you a PM about windshields too. Thanks for providing a great product for our cars!
cptsnoopy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2015 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I purchased both the green and grey tint glass from prosource. My opinion is that they are quality glass and I currently have the grey tint installed. They look very nice!

Charlie
PFF
System Bot
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2015 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I purchased the grey tint windows from prosource last year, still need to get around to installing them. The grey looks great.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2015 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cptsnoopy:

I purchased both the green and grey tint glass from prosource. My opinion is that they are quality glass and I currently have the grey tint installed. They look very nice!

Charlie

Pics please?
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2015 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would be interested in the original green tinted windows for drivers and passenger side. In stock for 160 a piece?
davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2015 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gray tint. My driver side window is down so its a little darker when up. Very happy with there glass.

[This message has been edited by davylong86 (edited 11-23-2015).]

rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2015 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
COUNT ME IN FOR A SET!
cptsnoopy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2015 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Pics please?

Try pages 24 and 25 in this thread. Not the best window pictures but it might give you some idea.

Charlie
prosource

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2015 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prosourceClick Here to visit prosource's HomePageSend a Private Message to prosourceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cptsnoopy:

Try pages 24 and 25 in this thread. Not the best window pictures but it might give you some idea.

Charlie

prosource

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2015 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prosourceClick Here to visit prosource's HomePageSend a Private Message to prosourceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

prosource

105 posts
Member since Apr 2012

Originally posted by prosource:
Sorry I mean to sign in first.. anyone who wants the green tint feel free to call during the week 877-345-2800 Toll Free US & Canada. We can ship within a week.
The grey tint looks like a January shipment. Anyone wanting these and wanting to pay 5-% deposit will guarantee a shipment allotted. there should be no major delays and we will have enough for the forseeable future. We waited til December to get word that this is all on schedule. Email best at info@prosourceglassintl.com It is the same pricing since 2014 $160 ea green factory or $170 ea grey tint. These will be offered here before Ebay. Add $15 boxing for a pair. Freight in US is running $35-60 pair and $55-90 throughout Canada. Second pair only runs a little more, feel free to inquire.

The windshields which can be picked up throughout about 15 states from us are all Chinese aftermarket same $100 ea with shade band.
Richard

MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2015 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock