Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Baby steps...my Fiero future upgrades...

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Baby steps...my Fiero future upgrades... by EARLY86GT
Started on: 11-18-2015 08:29 AM
Replies: 2 (269 views)
Last post by: busa_powered on 11-21-2015 11:57 PM
EARLY86GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EARLY86GTSend a Private Message to EARLY86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Being this is my first Fiero and still haven't driven it yet cuz here in FL if I wait until Jan. the car will be registered as a antique vehicle...tags will only be 30 bucks...ok, back on the subject;...After getting the window door sash's straightened out, my next task will be going over the entire car and replacing all aged hoses and belts and then a nice detail cleaning through out the entire car...I will say that for the year of this car the trunk and entire interior is in like new condition...car fax says 7 previous owners...and the car is super clean other than the body paint which is badly faded.

My future mods will be in baby steps...I've already pulled my cluster and will be dropping it off with Tom on Wednesday....so I will have a nice set of Tom's Digital Gauges...this will give the interior a nicely needed upgraded look.

The next step will be doing the F40 6spd upgrade...and make sure it will shift smooth and the clutch works properly.

Then I will go thru the entire brake system with a C6 brake upgrade which will also require a new wheel package too...this will be a expensive mod cuz I have to buy new wheels and tires to fit the larger brakes.

One of my favorite mods that will be done is the fastback GT conversion...when I bought my car the guy he gave me a complete fastback GT body...all the panels to replace the entire car.

And last but not the final improvement will be a new paint job....I've been looking and found a color I believe will look good, I'm looking at the burnt Orange color...too many Red Fiero's on the road....right?...I was thinking the burnt Orange look will be a good match with the Fiero's body lines.

I haven't gained access into my photobucket account in over 8 yrs. so I will try to get you guys some pics ASAP cuz I do know how you guys are picture junkies, lol.
later
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Make sure you also check the ICM, plugs/wires, EGR, and for debris in the heater box.

Sounds like a good Fiero.
busa_powered

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2015 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like to stick with the stock color but that's me.

I have an 87 GT that I have been working on for over a year.

All is needs now is carpet, headliner and paint.

I did the mechanical first, then interior, then will have it painted.

Good luck with yours

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock