Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  My preview window shows nothing while posting using Chrome and Win7Pro. Anyone else?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
My preview window shows nothing while posting using Chrome and Win7Pro. Anyone else? by Patrick
Started on: 11-17-2015 07:23 PM
Replies: 10 (162 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 11-17-2015 11:39 PM
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've noticed just in the last day or two, that if I access the preview window while posting using Chrome on my Win7 Pro desktop computer that the forum's preview window contains nothing. It's completely blank. However, if I use IE11 instead, the preview window works as usual. I suspect there must've been something in the last Chrome update that doesn't play well with Cliff's software here.

Anyone else notice this problem?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This forum has never worked right for me. I am also typing this as a means of testing the preview window. It works for me.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Napoleon_Tanerite:

I am also typing this as a means of testing the preview window. It works for me.

What OS and browser are you using?
Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, probably should have mentioned that. Running Chrome (latest version) on Windows 10 64 bit
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Napoleon_Tanerite:

Sorry, probably should have mentioned that.

Yep.

Thanks for posting the additional info.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm using Chrome with Win 7 Pro, and see the preview window just fine.
I've seen a similar situation, years ago, with a Windows NT workstation. Try changing your refresh rate and/or screen resolution.
Or maybe try "ctrl-scroll" to expand or shrink the screen text.
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cookies!

Okay, that showed up fine in preview. Let's try this.

That showed in preview also. One last thing to try.

Lets see if this works.

Yeah, it's all showing up when I hit preview with Torch (a Chrome based browser) and Vista.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

First of all, thanks for all the suggestions everyone. Much appreciated.

Out of curiosity, I went to a different forum (using Chrome) and tried viewing the preview window there. Absolutely no problem. Worked like it's always worked.

Originally posted by Raydar:

I'm using Chrome with Win 7 Pro, and see the preview window just fine.

Okay, that's what I need to hear... as that's the same (64 bit?) as I'm running. Not what I want to hear, but it appears then that something has gone weird on my own computer.

Try changing your refresh rate and/or screen resolution.

Nope, made no difference.

Or maybe try "ctrl-scroll" to expand or shrink the screen text.

I tried, but there's no text of any sort to expand or shrink!

Originally posted by Khw:

Cookies!

Nothing has changed with the "cookies" on my installation of Chrome as far as I know.

However, one other odd thing started to occur at the same time. The following is my bookmarked link for this site...

//www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin...ate.cgi?action=intro

What happens though is that more often than not Chrome now goes to this instead...

//www.fiero.nl

What might that be indicating? Could it be related at all to the preview window issue, or is there some other weirdness going on with Chrome on my computer?
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just clear your temp files, cookies, etc. Any site you visit can leave a cookie, so who knows what you have. You can also do a reset on the browser.

I will say that some things that were good in version 41 were broken in 44. I think we're on 45 or 46 now.
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder...

Maybe it has something to do with the pop-up blocker in Chrome? You could always add an exception to allow pop-ups on this site and see if the text comes back? I would think it would block the pop-up completely but I have had some in the past where the window still came up it just blocked the content in the window.

Oh, and the "Cookies" thing I posted wasn't meant to suggest computer cookies. It's just kind of a thing with me. I always tell my wife and kids "Cookies are better than cake." when they say "Guess what?", "You know what?" or some other type of phrase with a completely open field for an answer. Well that and because I like cookies... LOL .

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 11-17-2015).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

HOLD THE PRESSES... I FIGURED IT OUT !!!

Man oh man, no one in a hundred years would've guessed this one.

It turns out that Hola, which I occasionally use to access websites limited to the US (such as Pandora Radio), was what was responsible for this weirdness. (Yes, it was screwing with my PFF bookmarks as well.) I don't normally leave Hola on, and apparently I forgot to turn it off a day or two ago.

Oh well, this info might prove to be useful for anyone else having problems at PFF.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback. It helped to inspire me to check and go over everything I could think of.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock