Welcome again!!! by chiefM
Started on: 11-16-2015 06:04 PM
Replies: 25 (364 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 11-20-2015 11:31 AM
chiefM

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chiefMSend a Private Message to chiefMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone,
Long story short I was one here back in the early 2000's when I owned an 85 GT, I had a different username back then. I took the fiero to Daytona twice for the spring get together. Won first place in the daily driver. I still have the plaque and the photo on the back stretch. I had the bug for more horsepower so I sold the GT and bought a Corvette. The corvette and the fiero are both history. I still had the Fiero bug thru the years and checked in here from time to time just to check it out.

I am currently thinking of trading my daily driver for an 84 Indy Fiero. I am still undecided about the Indy right now until I go check it out on Wednesday. Seems like it is decent and I might make the trade. He told me they hot wired the cooling fan and that the drivers headlight motor goes crazy now and then. The seats will need to be recovered soon and the headliner is gone. Overall the body looks good but that's looking at pictures too. Anyway that is my story. We will see how it turns out on Wednesday.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It may not apply to you but you never know, check for structual and sub-frame rot.

Also, IPC interiors can get real pricey. If the seats are shot and your plans are to restore to original, you may want to look for something in a little better condition.
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome back! (although you were likely here long before me... )

I'd recommend against trading in your daily driver for the Indy. You should definitely get it, but I think you'll get frustrated with it broken down more than running. Unless of course you work at home and don't actually need a car all the time...
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chiefM:

I had the bug for more horsepower so I sold the GT and bought a Corvette. The corvette and the fiero are both history.

I am currently thinking of trading my daily driver for an 84 Indy Fiero.

You obviously no longer have "the bug for more horsepower".

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 11-16-2015).]

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Who sez?

I have one with a big block in it.
chiefM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chiefMSend a Private Message to chiefMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh yes I do, I have a 2002 Ford Lightning

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh yes I do, I have a 2002 Ford Lightning

NICE!

Got any pictures?
chiefM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chiefMSend a Private Message to chiefMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have one but trying to figure out how to post.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I use Photobucket. I copy my Photobucket link, click on "Image" (up near the smiley symbol), paste my Photobucket link and post.

[This message has been edited by Thunderstruck GT (edited 11-16-2015).]

chiefM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chiefMSend a Private Message to chiefMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Neils88:

Welcome back! (although you were likely here long before me... )

I'd recommend against trading in your daily driver for the Indy. You should definitely get it, but I think you'll get frustrated with it broken down more than running. Unless of course you work at home and don't actually need a car all the time...

My 85 GT never missed a beat, I have my truck as a back up but the idea of it breaking down does scare me as my Grand Am daily driver is super dependable.
chiefM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chiefMSend a Private Message to chiefMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

chiefM

11 posts
Member since Nov 2015
Have to head out to meet a buddy, I will have to make an account tomorrow and post it up here for ya. I was not really a truck guy before but this truck is a beast and the whine of the blower at full throttle is unreal.
PFF
System Bot
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Have to head out to meet a buddy, I will have to make an account tomorrow and post it up here for ya. I was not really a truck guy before but this truck is a beast and the whine of the blower at full throttle is unreal.

Lightnings are hot.

What color?
chiefM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chiefMSend a Private Message to chiefMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lets see if this works:

[This message has been edited by chiefM (edited 11-16-2015).]

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try again
chiefM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chiefMSend a Private Message to chiefMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2002 True Blue with Ghost Flames
chiefM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chiefMSend a Private Message to chiefMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

chiefM

11 posts
Member since Nov 2015
Here is a link to my truck forum with some pics, I am chiefM there too, makes it easy for old minds.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/...r-chat-thread-3.html
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn that's cool!

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Photobucket sucks. If you use Windows, PIP was created to post images here.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Photobucket sucks.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

Please Help Fight the Red X

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post11-16-2015 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Who sez?

I have one with a big block in it.

So? Deck height != HP. There are plenty of much smaller displacement engines (even on this forum) that make much more power than standard big block chevy engines do.
PFF
System Bot
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

So? Deck height != HP. There are plenty of much smaller displacement engines (even on this forum) that make much more power than standard big block chevy engines do.

I'll let you guess

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll have to mount one of these on the hood of my Formula.

chiefM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chiefMSend a Private Message to chiefMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Damn that's cool!

Thanks, that truck is a blast.
chiefM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chiefMSend a Private Message to chiefMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Power adder and not the fake one !!!

[This message has been edited by chiefM (edited 11-17-2015).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The OP starts out by saying that he wants to sell his daily driver for an 84 Indy, a 31 year old automobile. While some do it I would advise against a Fiero for a daily driver. Even if the engine is good, there are too many things that can go wrong with a car that old. Fuel pump , water pump, radiator, coil, exhaust, fuel lines, alternator and all sensors are old. Reliability in daily use may be an issue.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock