Secret Santa 2015 by maryjane
Started on: 11-10-2015 08:18 PM
Replies: 110 (2154 views)
Last post by: maryjane on 01-08-2016 06:20 AM
rice.1

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2015 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rice.1Send a Private Message to rice.1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

Couldn't have been me, I don't join anything that would allow me to be a member, Bah Humbug !

Steve

Hmmm, thought for sure it was. It came from Farmington, Maine. Well, I'm stumped then, haha.
IP: Logged
pokeyfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2015 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rice.1:

Hmmm, thought for sure it was. It came from Farmington, Maine. Well, I'm stumped then, haha.

Steve sends out lumps of coal.
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2015 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got mine yesterday!! It's perfect. I actually looked at the sign I got last week. Also the Hemi badges are something I thought about putting on my 300. And I gotta love the Hawaiian treats which told me immediately it has to be from GTJeff my fellow Hawaiian traveler.

Thanks for everything and have a Merry christmas!!

Dan

[This message has been edited by DanFiero (edited 12-15-2015).]

GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2015 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your welcome Dan. Dang. Busted. You figured me out. I figured the candy might give it away but when I saw it in the store I just had to include them.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Jeff

[This message has been edited by GTGeff (edited 12-15-2015).]

sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2015 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oh we are supposed to try to figure it out, well mine was drop shipped so I guess I am screwed at that count, oh wait I know who sent it, Santa.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2015 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:
Steve sends out lumps of coal.

You got that right Pokey, but keep it quiet, I don't want anyone to know it was me. rice you do know I am not the only member from Farmington right?

Steve
rice.1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2015 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rice.1Send a Private Message to rice.1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

You got that right Pokey, but keep it quiet, I don't want anyone to know it was me. rice you do know I am not the only member from Farmington right?

Steve

Haha, I'm not on enough to know who is from where. I just saw your reply on this thread and assumed it was you. In just doing a very quick search, I did see a "fierowitch" who is your caretaker? Am I getting closer? Haha.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2015 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Haha, I'm not on enough to know who is from where. I just saw your reply on this thread and assumed it was you. In just doing a very quick search, I did see a "fierowitch" who is your caretaker? Am I getting closer? Haha.

Ayup, that would be the guilty party.

Merry Christmas !
Steve and Melanie and Amanda
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2015 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine came in tonight. Its wrapped so I will put it under the tree..
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2015 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Mine came in tonight. Its wrapped so I will put it under the tree..

You should open it. I think I forgot to put air holes in the box so she could breathe and probably out of water too.

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2015 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:
You should open it. I think I forgot to put air holes in the box so she could breathe and probably out of water too.

PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2015 06:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Almost there, I can wait

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 12-19-2015).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2015 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Almost there, I can wait

Don't let them get wet and don't feed it after midnight Jake.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2015 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got my gift a week or so ago, and was going to wait till Christmas to open it. Well the little kid in me has been yelling at me for the entire week to open it now! I caved in.

All I can say is W O W ! ! ! ! ! Far more than I could have ever wanted or expected!

^-----Typical PIP image post! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Here is the EXACT same image I posted with PIP above, The difference is that PostImage.org actually works!

I will build them both, but I have to be honest, the Fastback will be getting most of the love I have been wanting to do a replica of my car for some time now, and now is the chance! I am going to use the same paint from when my car was painted to do it in the same exact color. I will have to use a good primer so the plastic will hold up I am sure. Now I just need to find some Scion TC wheels somewhere

I have no clue who my Secret Santa is! I know they are from Lakeland, Florida, fairly local at around 3 hours away. No name on the package, and no posts in this thread from Lakeland Florida. Whoever you are, please post here, so I can thank you directly! ! ! !

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 12-19-2015).]

Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2015 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is awesome JohnWPB. I had one like that 85 Fiero model back in the mid 80's when I was about 14-16 years old. The one I had was in black plastic though and had wide body (IMSA I think) fenders you could use if you wanted. I remember building it because I REALLY wanted a Fiero when I got my license. Alas, my parents bought a 84 Chrysler LeBaron that I was the primary driver of and by the time I turned 17 and had saved up enough to buy a vehicle of my own I had gotten into lowered mini-trucks.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2015 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think you are suppose to guess
rice.1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2015 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rice.1Send a Private Message to rice.1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent, John! I've built the fastback model. I used different rims and a riceburner spoiler, and it actually turned out pretty good. Painted it yellow with black rims and detailed the engine. Had spark plug wires and other little details. Then it got lost in a move. Model cars used to be a hobby, then I had to downsize and get rid of everything lol.

Now that I think about it, that was around the time I got my first Fiero... Now I think I know where all my money went...

[This message has been edited by rice.1 (edited 12-20-2015).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2015 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I needed cheered up so I opened my package

This is going up in my office at work, thank you so much.
My wife opened the package and threw it away before I got the sending address so I have no idea who sent it but thank you!!
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2015 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think you are suppose to guess

Well then I guess YOU! You must have added the "Lakeland Florida" to your profile today, as I searched this thread, and the wish ideas thread, and found no one from Florida that posted, unless somehow I missed it. I even went through my Daytona Show registrations from the past 2 years, and no mention of anyone from Lakeland. (Hint Hint for 2016 ) I did TRY to figure it out!

Thank you again, just awesome! I can't wait till everything settles down a bit so I can start building it all out and modifying it.

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2015 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Well then I guess YOU! You must have added the "Lakeland Florida" to your profile today, as I searched this thread, and the wish ideas thread, and found no one from Florida that posted, unless somehow I missed it. I even went through my Daytona Show registrations from the past 2 years, and no mention of anyone from Lakeland. (Hint Hint for 2016 ) I did TRY to figure it out!

Thank you again, just awesome! I can't wait till everything settles down a bit so I can start building it all out and modifying it.

I changed it the day I shipped the package, got a couple PMs from people thinking I moved.
Haven't been to Daytona in a couple of years, hope to go again next year but its not looking good.
I have had them for a while, no plans on putting them together so I thought about it and figured you would give them a good home.
The plastic was only opened so I could put them beside each other and see if they were the same size.
Yes I took them out of the original package

Enjoy Merry Christmas
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2015 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My wife opened the package and threw it away before I got the sending address so I have no idea who sent it but thank you!!

It came from zipcode 39702--you will have to guess the rest.

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2015 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

^-----Typical PIP image post! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Here is the EXACT same image I posted with PIP above, The difference is that PostImage.org actually works!

John, the PIP hosted image in your post looks just fine to me.

You know why it works now? Because I uploaded it for you using exactly the same image and name that you had used in your post. That indicates that somehow you actually did not upload any image with that name to PIP (as PIP will add a number to an already uploaded image with the same name).

Possibly we can work out the source of this issue. I'm curious where you got the PIP link from that you used in your post, as it was originally a link to a non-existent PIP image file... until I uploaded your image (taken from the other hosting site) to PIP.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 12-21-2015).]

DL10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2015 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still nothing here... Or still no response from the person I sent one too yet...

[This message has been edited by DL10 (edited 12-21-2015).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2015 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

It came from zipcode 39702--you will have to guess the rest.

LOL got it

Thanks SS I put it up in my office this morning
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2015 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

Still nothing here... Or still no response from the person I sent one too yet...

Your gift was received by the person you sent it to. He will probably post pics here later today.

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2015 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your gift was received by the person you sent it to. He will probably post pics here later today.

Or maybe he will leave you wondering?

RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2015 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Many Thanks to my SS. You did an awesome job in making my gift. I love it. Your clock will hang in the house where we will look at it everyday. You did a great job in thinking of a unique item to send the "guy who seemingly has everything". I really appreciate the work to hand make a piece llike you did.

Merry Christmas!
Fred

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2015 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet clock!
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2015 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GTGeff, your gift is on it's way--will probably be a couple days late but it is enroute!! Sender expresses his apologies, but an unforeseen problem came up.

Napoleon Tanerite, your gift is also enroute, and may be a little late as well.

Sometimes, these things just happen, no matter how hard we try.

The Digital Alchemist and Otakudude--you both have PMs.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2015 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69651 posts
Member since Apr 2001
fierowitch, I have it on good authority that your Secret Santa gift will be on it's way tomorrow. It 'should' arrive on time, but may not. Just be patient if it does not make it before the fat man is due--and no, I am not referring to Steve.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2015 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69651 posts
Member since Apr 2001

DL10--Your gift is en route and is scheduled to be delivered on Dec 24.

PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2015 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:
Possibly we can work out the source of this issue. I'm curious [where you got the PIP link from that you used in your post, as it was originally a link to a non-existent PIP image file... until I uploaded your image (taken from the other hosting site) to PIP.

The link that I used, is simply the one that PIP automatically copies to windows clipboard when you upload an image. I altered nothing, just uploaded the image, and pasted the contents of the clipboard to the thread. This is a fresh install of windows 10, and fresh install of PIP with the server information copied from the setup instructions.

EDIT:

I just uploaded the image again, and it DID add the _1 to it, so it did see the original image name in the directory when it tried to upload. Therefore it is connecting to the server. As you can see, I get an image uploaded successfully, and I then pasted the contents of the windows clipboard into Chrome (Minus the image tags) and the file does not exist.

Here is screen cap of the successful upload, and the clipboard contents (again with the IMG tags removed) pasted into Chrome:

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 12-22-2015).]

Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2015 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Napoleon Tanerite, your gift is also enroute, and may be a little late as well.

I received a suspicious package today from an unrecognized return address. It's under the tree.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2015 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The link that I used, is simply the one that PIP automatically copies to windows clipboard when you upload an image. I altered nothing, just uploaded the image, and pasted the contents of the clipboard to the thread.

That's pretty weird as PIP did not have that image under that name uploaded/stored... until I uploaded it... and then the image appeared in your post. Very strange.

I dunno... it goes beyond my understanding of how this is all supposed to work behind the scenes. I don't know how PIP could give you a link to the image when it was apparent that it didn't exist on its own server.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2015 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36404 posts
Member since Apr 99

I just uploaded the image again, and it DID add the _1 to it, so it did see the original image name in the directory when it tried to upload. Therefore it is connecting to the server.

Yes, PIP saw the image of yours that I uploaded with the name FieroModels... and then PIP added the _1 to this second upload of yours.

However, if I was to upload another image with the name FieroModels, PIP would would probably again add _1 to it (instead of _2)... as the image you uploaded just now is probably not actually being stored on the PIP server. This is all very strange.

EDIT: Yep, FieroModels_1 is exactly the name that PIP gave to my image that I just uploaded... as yours doesn't exist on the PIP server.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 12-22-2015).]

Dylpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2015 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DylproSend a Private Message to DylproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I received mine last Friday, but this time of year is so rushed I feel like I haven't had time to breathe at times! However, Fiero Santa delivered me two wax and polish sets to keep my new paint looking sharp, an awesome Pontiac sign, and some delicious cookies! I left to visit family today, but I'll get some pictures of the sign and polish sets when I get home. The cookies on the other hand were too good and won't be making an appearance in the photos! Thank you Secret Santa!
turbo86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2015 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Soooo on Monday I did get a super-awesome Android 4.4 tablet from Florida. Jake Dragon was that you? I see you brought some warm weather with it too! I meant to post this Monday but I'm still staring at your avatar. lol Thanks!
DL10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2015 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Santa showed up today... Not opening it till Christmas but my guess is it's from otakudude
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2015 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by turbo86se:

Soooo on Monday I did get a super-awesome Android 4.4 tablet from Florida. Jake Dragon was that you? I see you brought some warm weather with it too! I meant to post this Monday but I'm still staring at your avatar. lol Thanks!

Since I was the one that assigned names....I can pretty safely say it was not Jake---wasn't supposed to be anyway.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2015 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Santa showed up today... Not opening it till Christmas ...

Your will is stronger than mine
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock