Power Steering is hee at last by dkh1020
Started on: 11-10-2015 07:09 PM
Replies: 16 (1062 views)
Last post by: Shho13 on 01-06-2016 11:05 PM
dkh1020

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2015 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dkh1020Send a Private Message to dkh1020Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At Last, Power steering came today! Now things can progress.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2015 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool! Now give with the details...

Where did you get it, How much does it cost, How easy to install?

I assume you do a manual adjustment for the level of assist you prefer but is it electronically plug n play?

Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2015 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dkh1020:

At Last, Power steering came today! Now things can progress.

You're going to have a problem if they didn't give you enough cord ^ ^ ^
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2015 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Details details and pics of your install!!

I want one.
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2015 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there room for big feet?
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2015 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like This one. Very pricey.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 11-13-2015).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2015 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is the West Coast Fiero power steering setup for about $1500 shipped.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2015 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Looks like This one. Very pricey.

Ha! Cheap ass Fiero owners!
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2015 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jason88Notchie:

Ha! Cheap ass Fiero owners!

Hey, when many of us have paid less than that amount for a complete car, it's asking a lot to spend an extra $1500 just to make the steering a little easier.

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2015 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey, when many of us have paid less than that amount for a complete car, it's asking a lot to spend an extra $1500 just to make the steering a little easier.

Well I like the old school rack and pinion anyway.

I had a 67 Coronet that had the pump go out on it. Removed the belt and manhandled the hell out of that car!
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2015 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It won't be too many more years and it will be hard to find a $1500 Fiero that's drivable. If people are willing to pay what they are asking for that system, it's worth it.

I like the idea of the EPS but I won't seriously consider it unless I think I can make or modify the controller to vary the assist based on speed.

I purchased a Vue EPS unit recently but it's destined to go on a Massey Ferguson that's put on a little weight in the front.

PFF
System Bot
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2015 06:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:
I purchased a Vue EPS unit recently but it's destined to go on a Massey Ferguson that's put on a little weight in the front.

OK, I gotta see that.
fierogt455

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt455Send a Private Message to fierogt455Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have any updates?
Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's the biggest problem with Fiero owners, they measure everything against the price of the car. You shouldn't be buying a Fiero on the cheap thinking it will stay cheap. Realistically a Fiero is a 5-10k car if you don't want a piece of **** . If you buy it cheap, you're just going to spend the money on the back side making it right.
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used to drive an old International straight truck with out power steering. Compared to that my Fiero steers like a Caddy.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2016 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Napoleon_Tanerite:
That's the biggest problem with Fiero owners, they measure everything against the price of the car. You shouldn't be buying a Fiero on the cheap thinking it will stay cheap. Realistically a Fiero is a 5-10k car if you don't want a piece of **** . If you buy it cheap, you're just going to spend the money on the back side making it right.

Bought my 86 SE for 200 bucks, used parts off my 84 that the engine went on. a friend helped with the frt end repairs for free and we put it all back together for nothing, I am still driving it today, actually all I did was move it to its winter parking spot today.

It is no show car but I was curried of that on the last car I made show worthy, for a daily driver it is just not worth it to me. Besides I have enough problems fixing and keeping the other 3 vehicles we have running. Three of those on the road.

Steve
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2016 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love the manual steering of the Fiero... It really brings out one of the reasons why I got it in the first place; its a pure, no frills driving machine. None of that BS traction control, ABS garbage! Pure fun... Hold on tight, one wrong move and off the cliff we go! If you find me sitting in my Fiero dead in a ditch somewhere, rest assured I died with a big smile on my face! Haha!

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave