Brake upgrade using c5 Corvette rotors and calipers by fierogt455
Started on: 11-02-2015 08:42 PM
Replies: 3 (1131 views)
Last post by: Australian on 11-04-2015 06:18 AM
fierogt455

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2015 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt455Send a Private Message to fierogt455Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finally finished my C5 front brake upgrade on my GT! This was an extremely easy swap using Sluppy123's parts. His parts are well designed. I will be doing the rear with his 12" kit utilizing the 88 calipers.

I did encounter one problem. I am running older 17" Azul Luz wheels, they scraped the caliper. I think I could resolve the problem by grinding the ribs off the caliper but this is a good excuse to upgrade the wheels on the GT.

I will probably use the Azul wheels on the SE after doing the front/rear upgrade using Sluppy123's 12" kit. I just need to find some time!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroFastBackL67

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2015 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Badass! I will also be putting corvette brakes on my gt aswell. Looks awesome what was the cost of it all?
Riddick85

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2015 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick85Send a Private Message to Riddick85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought his brackets as well for my 85 and it was a super easy install for such a big brake upgrade. I have 17 inch wheels as well but mine did not scrape. They were super close though, like I have my wheels balanced differently since the weights hit the caliper.

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2015 06:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I maybe buying it as soon but want to try an option to do with the hubs i hve notice some Toyota hilux hubs for are similar to fiero hubs thinking of machining and exploring some options.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock