Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Never seen this before. GT clip with notchie taillights.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Never seen this before. GT clip with notchie taillights. by Rsvl-Rider
Started on: 11-02-2015 06:13 PM
Replies: 12 (951 views)
Last post by: Khw on 11-04-2015 08:46 PM
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2015 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Never seen this before.

I was actually at this dismantler shop last week. They had gold GT they had got at an auction. I hoped to pick up a few nice pieces but they wanted high retail for everything. They actually checked eBay prices for every item I was interested in while I was standing there. They wanted $185 each for the seats. They were in pretty good shape but too rich for my blood. Also wanted $200 for the set of (real) GT taillights. I pointed out they were cracked and delaminated but the clerk turned down my $50 offer for the set.

Looks like they just added this one today.

http://sacramento.craigslis.../ptd/5297415953.html

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dave E Bouy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2015 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
and push pad bumper ewwww
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2015 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And never want to see it again! At least not done like that... While different than the commercially sold fastback Fiero, the PPG fastback used notchie lights and it looked VERY nice.

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2015 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A while back Pisa Corp made a kit that contained quarter window panels that you would fit on a notchback to give it the fast back look. That kit retained the notchback tail lights. I knew a guy that did one a while back on his Quad Four Fiero and the result looked pretty cheesy. The quarter windows that were supplied with that kit looked like a flat cut piece of clear plastic. There was no contour to them,.
[IMG] http://www.pisafierohq.com/...oducts/bp/gtfx/1.jpg [/IMG]
------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 11-02-2015).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2015 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dennis LaGrua

15143 posts
Member since May 2000

Originally posted by Rsvl-Rider:

Never seen this before.

I was actually at this dismantler shop last week. They had gold GT they had got at an auction. I hoped to pick up a few nice pieces but they wanted high retail for everything. They actually checked eBay prices for every item I was interested in while I was standing there. They wanted $185 each for the seats. They were in pretty good shape but too rich for my blood. Also wanted $200 for the set of (real) GT taillights. I pointed out they were cracked and delaminated but the clerk turned down my $50 offer for the set.

Looks like they just added this one today.

http://sacramento.craigslis.../ptd/5297415953.html

Those guys suffer from a case of greed and will end up with little to nothing. Hold firm to your fair offers and let them eat the stuff

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2015 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

While different than the commercially sold fastback Fiero, the PPG fastback used notchie lights and it looked VERY nice.

I like that better than the factory fastback GT look. I've always preferred the notchie tail lights. And I prefer a lip spoiler rather than a wing. That looks great. I want one!

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 11-03-2015).]

Rexgirl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2015 05:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RexgirlSend a Private Message to RexgirlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree with Patrick! Everything about the rear of the PPG fastback is perfect. I love it !!
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2015 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like fast back lights on a notchie way better.
Jason88Notchie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2015 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've always been a notchie fan, but that fastback, lip spoiler and notchie tail lights are just AWESOME!!
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2015 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw the ad too. They are way out in Rancho Cordova. Funny that it has a hood scoop for the lowly Duke. Yea, that's the problem with having tools like the Internet, Google and Evilbay. Everybody's got a phone that connects to these tools and knows how to search for anything. You know what's irritating? When you go to a garage sale, pick something up, ask how much and they say, "oh, I need to look that up first".
Kit
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2015 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree, thats nice. On another notch, I like bumper pad covers myself. It has the older Lotus Esprit look. On one of my GTs, I took off the 'snowplow' nose and put on a pad nose.

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2015 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I like that better than the factory fastback GT look. I've always preferred the notchie tail lights. And I prefer a lip spoiler rather than a wing. That looks great. I want one!

My thoughts as well.
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2015 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I agree, but then I prefer the front end of the PPG also and the way the "fastback portion" was handled leaving the "hip" rather than the gradual roll on the GT. If I had the money and time I'd try to make a "clone" of the PPG although I know that's a tall order as many of it's panels were replaced not modified. Someone posted a exploded picture of the body on the PPG and only a couple of the panels remained unchanged. It's a wide body for one so that helps with the "hips" in the back and also the sail panels are set further apart towards the rear to clear the notchie deck lid. Ugh, I'll just say this. The PPG is my personal favorite of the Fieros. Some day I might have the time if I get to own a Fiero again.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 11-04-2015).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock