Wilwood Brakes for 88? by Fiero Vampire
Started on: 11-01-2015 07:52 PM
Replies: 6 (734 views)
Last post by: sardonyx247 on 11-14-2015 04:10 AM
Fiero Vampire

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2015 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was at the Pick-A-Part today because I was checking up on a 88 Fiero I saw in their database that ended up being a Formula with a GT nose, thing had Wilwood stickers on it and after looking, I noticed the rotors on the front and back were removed along with the rear calipers, however the front calipers were still hanging on by the brake lines and there was what looked like a Wilwood W symbol on the back of the Calipers, I didn't know they made a set for the 88 or is it possible there were adapters used, was thinking about grabbing them up but they were in rough shape and wasn't sure if they were any better or worse than the 88 stock calipers. Any info or thoughts, would be appreciated just wondering if they are worth going back for.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
unboundmo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2015 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have Wilwood brakes and the stopping is a lot better!... They are 4 piston instead of stock but they do use different brackets for the bigger rotors I have. I would take the brackets also from the pick-a-part car just in case they differ from stock

[This message has been edited by unboundmo (edited 11-03-2015).]

Fiero Vampire

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2015 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks unboundmo for your response and photo, unfortunately the brackets were already long gone, just curious how much were the Wilwood brakes for the 88? Do you know if anyone still sells them? I couldn't find them on their site. Do you know if they are actually from another car?
Domtech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2015 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DomtechSend a Private Message to DomtechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe this is where they come from.
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2015 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes... That's them.. Formally HT Motorsports
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2015 03:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are very desirable as always looking.
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2015 04:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I already pulled the front hubs off that car, My friend pulled the back calipers, The willwood stickers are just that, stickers. Along with the flame stickers down the trim.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock